“In town tourist” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

You added Omni Royal Orleans to your Saves list
Omni Royal Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   621 St. Louis Street, New Orleans, LA 70140 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off and Free WiFi!
Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“In town tourist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Although I live on the New Orleans metropolitan area I had little call to spend the night in the French Quarter. However, when I am attending a conference I prefer to stay on site. It also afforded me the opportunity to be a tourist in my own town. Being in the heart of the French Quarter all our destinations to eat were within pleasant walking distance. All in all being at the Omni made the whole experience all the better.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Orchard Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wonderful hotel & great staff, service and amenities. The dining room and service were great, food was excellent! Great loction witin the French Quarters, easy to get to the freeways and around New Orleans.

Kent Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hotel, great location, staff very helpfull. When the taxie pulled up to the front door,we went to the front desk and a in total of10 minutes we were in our room. The food and the service was great. Our room was very clean, good pillows and plenty of towels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Long Beach, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great location to everything in the French Quarter, but far enough away from Bourbon Street not to be bothered by the noise. Fabulous service and food, and walking distance to all the great restaurants, shops, etc. I would go there again anytime. As a matter of fact, this was our second time there. Great hotel for the price. Definitely try the Rib Room for dinner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The staff at the Omni Royal Orleans were just amazing to me after I checked in and discovered my beloved pet cat was unconscious and unresponsive. The receptionist quickly found the 24-hour veterinary clinic where I took him, the bellman who had come to retrieve the luggage cart was right there in the room to talk me through how to dial out (I was just so freaked out I wasn't sure what to do), the garage staff had my car waiting for me to drive out (and she told me "It's OK to speed since it's an emergency, just turn your flashers on, there's nobody on the highway this time of night, be safe." When I got back everybody asked after my pet, and expressed their sympathy about his death and talked about pets they'd lost. And when I got back from the convention tonight, there was a sympathy card and a bottle of wine waiting for me and the TV was turned on to Amos TV. The compassion I've received, from friends and strangers, has brought me to tears again, in the best possible way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I don't understand those who come to New Orleans and live in the mega hotels outside of the French Quarter, while they can live the real New Orleans at the OMNI Royal Hotel. The best French restaurants at one side and the craziness of Bourbon St. on the other, all one block away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Milwaukee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was a great getaway for us, awesome place and location. But due to the party animals on our floor, our 2nd night stay was horrible. We kept hoping they would just go to bed, but it didn't work out that way. We would definitely stay again, but will not be such nice neighbors next time if they're making too much noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Royal Orleans? Share your experiences!