“A Taste Of Old New Orleans” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olivier House

Save Saved
You added Olivier House to your Saves list
Olivier House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   828 Toulouse St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #16 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“A Taste Of Old New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Olivier House Hotel is a charming antebellum residence which would appeal to those who like a sense of history. The rooms are quirky, though have comfortable accommodations. Beware of the plumbing - it can be unpredictable! The location of the hotel is excellent and within walking distance to Bourbon Street and the other attractions New Orleans has to offer.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming - with a real understanding of 'southern hospitality'. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes something different, homey and unlike a chain motel.

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed for 7 nights in February in one of the one bedroom suites. The location is great, half a block off of Bourbon St but very quiet. It's an old building so it's not the same as a sterile chain hotel, but this place has character and charm. Very helpful staff, and I've already got reservations for a long weekend there. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Olivier House several times but this was the first time to have a third floor balcony room. This hotel has true character and is not a luxury chain hotel. The staff was absolutely the most friendly team who made us feel like we were staying at home. The location of this hotel is ideal since it is 90 steps (yes, I counted them) away from Bourbon street. The balcony room was a little noisier than the other rooms but that was to be expected.

We will always plan on staying at this hotel everytime that we visit Nola..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff is amazing and very accomodating. The hotel was beautiful and unique and we enjoyed exploring it! The location is central to everything..the casino, the graveyards, bourbon street, the french market, the riverfront. The atmosphere is so warm and cozy we were saying "back home" instead of "back at the hotel." We have done extensive traveling around the US and world and this is my favorite place to stay and the ONLY place I will stay in the New Orleans area.

Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My sisters and I stayed at Olivier House for my 40th birthday weekend which just so happened to be super bowl sunday and mardi gras time. We could not have asked for a better location. The staff was amazing from arrival to departure. It's small and family owned/operated. So there was "niece" and "uncle" to greet us upon arrival. Uncle (we called him that all weekend) offered wine during check in. My sister responded and requested Moscato if he had it. Well he did not have it and did not say no. He simply went to the liquor store and got it for her!! Who does that? Way to go above and beyond!! Olivier House is an older hotel built in the 1800's so that took me some time to adjust but all and all I had a great stay!!

tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I wrote a review of Olivier House months back after a stay there. I went back to Nawlins in October and did a Mystery Hotel package off Bookit. I wished I could've gone back in time and just went to Olivier again. My mom and I would walk past Olivier and just long to be back there...sigh. Anyway, back in March 2012 I took my mom and preteen children to the French Quarter and we stayed a week at Olivier. It was so beautiful with Interview with A Vampire sitting room in the lobby. It's an old hotel so if you want plastic cookie cutter hotel look elsewhere. The staff was so friendly and I believe it's family owned. My children and I looked on Youtube and found videos/tv show that talked about the haunted rooms there. At night my kids and I went on a ghost adventure and would stand outside rooms that were supposed to be haunted. My kids would take pictures of the door and see who could stand there the longest without getting spooked...lol It was funny. The swimming pool is TINY but who goes to Nawlins French Quarter to swim? We stayed on the 4th floor in a room that faced the courtyard and had an awesome view of the city. We slept with the doors opened which led to the balcony. It was a quiet peaceful sleep with no noise. In the morning you can hear street sweepers and garbage trucks but that's to be expected in the French Quarter. It was both beautiful and erie. I will NEVER stay at another hotel in NOLA again. I missed Olivier House last time I went there. I'm uploading some pictures. Olivier House made our trip memorable

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here December 30 2012 - January 2 2013. Love this place always stay here. The hotel staff very friendly and helpful. House keeping staff is great always brings more towels if you ask them. Close to everything, very quite even if your a half block off Bourbon Street. Before I left I booked the Honeymoon Suite for my husband anniversary. Two of our friend's went with us and they love it. They booked a room for Spring break. It is very charming place to stay. Our room was a two bedroom, two bathroom, living room, small kitchen with dinning area, and a private balcony. Love the room it was room 210. Can't wait until my next stay!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Olivier House? Share your experiences!