“40th bday/Super Bowl/Mardi Gras” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olivier House

Save Saved
You added Olivier House to your Saves list
Olivier House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   828 Toulouse St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #15 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas, United States
“40th bday/Super Bowl/Mardi Gras”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My sisters and I stayed at Olivier House for my 40th birthday weekend which just so happened to be super bowl sunday and mardi gras time. We could not have asked for a better location. The staff was amazing from arrival to departure. It's small and family owned/operated. So there was "niece" and "uncle" to greet us upon arrival. Uncle (we called him that all weekend) offered wine during check in. My sister responded and requested Moscato if he had it. Well he did not have it and did not say no. He simply went to the liquor store and got it for her!! Who does that? Way to go above and beyond!! Olivier House is an older hotel built in the 1800's so that took me some time to adjust but all and all I had a great stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I wrote a review of Olivier House months back after a stay there. I went back to Nawlins in October and did a Mystery Hotel package off Bookit. I wished I could've gone back in time and just went to Olivier again. My mom and I would walk past Olivier and just long to be back there...sigh. Anyway, back in March 2012 I took my mom and preteen children to the French Quarter and we stayed a week at Olivier. It was so beautiful with Interview with A Vampire sitting room in the lobby. It's an old hotel so if you want plastic cookie cutter hotel look elsewhere. The staff was so friendly and I believe it's family owned. My children and I looked on Youtube and found videos/tv show that talked about the haunted rooms there. At night my kids and I went on a ghost adventure and would stand outside rooms that were supposed to be haunted. My kids would take pictures of the door and see who could stand there the longest without getting spooked...lol It was funny. The swimming pool is TINY but who goes to Nawlins French Quarter to swim? We stayed on the 4th floor in a room that faced the courtyard and had an awesome view of the city. We slept with the doors opened which led to the balcony. It was a quiet peaceful sleep with no noise. In the morning you can hear street sweepers and garbage trucks but that's to be expected in the French Quarter. It was both beautiful and erie. I will NEVER stay at another hotel in NOLA again. I missed Olivier House last time I went there. I'm uploading some pictures. Olivier House made our trip memorable

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here December 30 2012 - January 2 2013. Love this place always stay here. The hotel staff very friendly and helpful. House keeping staff is great always brings more towels if you ask them. Close to everything, very quite even if your a half block off Bourbon Street. Before I left I booked the Honeymoon Suite for my husband anniversary. Two of our friend's went with us and they love it. They booked a room for Spring break. It is very charming place to stay. Our room was a two bedroom, two bathroom, living room, small kitchen with dinning area, and a private balcony. Love the room it was room 210. Can't wait until my next stay!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Olivier house. We were stationed in NOLA for 6 years and we really missed this place.. I wanted to celebrate my 50th Bday in NOLA...we picked the Olivier house because of the location/cost and because they allowed us to bring our lil dog and did not charge a fee. After reading many reviews I took others advise and ask for a specific room..I picked room 301..The room was great! it was clean, has a small frig /microw in the cabinet under the flat screen TV.. the bathroom has been remodeled.. lighting in there wasn't great.. but It made me look better..lol.. The shower/tub is a little small I think..but I am 5'10 n by no means tiny.. The elevator to get to the 3rd floor is like walking into a coat closet.. my husband and I did squeeze into it with a suit case each.. I have never seen anything like it.. They were remodeling while we were there so there was a lot of noise and mess.. but everyone was so nice that we really didn't mind.. only reason I gave the lower rating was because this place is not for everyone..its a old house turned into a hotel..snobs/picky people stay away.. I for one will be back to stay again n again ONE THING..if you stay in 301 bring ear plugs.. it is noisy .. we slept like babies in the comfy bed/sheet but did wear ear plugs.. I hope the remodeling doesn't mean they are going to change things here.. the location is great.. Camillas just up the road is great for breakfast!! we went there each morning... THANKS OLIVIER house for a great Bday week!!! I can't wait to have a family get together here!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 301 and were very happy.. we did sleep with ear plugs in because the street is noi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited New Orleans for three nights, on holiday so we wanted somewhere convenient. The location is perfect - very close to the French Quarter, but very quiet as it's on the other side of Bourbon St to most of the bars, restaurants and shops. A glass of wine on our balcony, which looked onto the inner courtyard, was perfect before venturing into town for the evening.

We reserved a standard room, but it turned out to be on a split-level, with the bed upstairs and a living room-type space downstairs, with balcony. It was really a very nice space, and as we were passing through reception one time, the receptionist stopped to ask how we found it, because the owner wanted to know how the recently renovated room was being received by guests. Extremely well, we answered honestly.

I will definitely try to stay at the Olivier House if and when I'm in New Orleans again, I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed May 2012
Midway, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite overlooking the courtyard, which was absolutely beautiful. The building is very old, but its exactly what I look for when staying in the French Quarter. Bourbon Street is 1/2 block away! Price for the room was reasonable, and the staff was extra friendly and helpful. I have stayed at several other hotels in the quarter, but this place is by far my favorite. Great overall experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love the location of this hotel and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I don't even mind the "faded glory" appeal. But when you've got mice and roaches in the room, faulty wiring, and inconsistent water pressure and temperature, I have to ask myself if I can't get the charm somewhere else without the hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing Bourbon Street if noise is a problem for you.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Olivier House? Share your experiences!