“Girlie get-away to attend the Essence Festival from London. UK” 5 of 5 stars

You added Melrose Mansion to your Saves list
Melrose Mansion
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   937 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, LA 70116 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #47 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
“Girlie get-away to attend the Essence Festival from London. UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our first trip to NOLA from London - UK.
The customer service experience is very good. Members of make you feel very welcome and go that extra mile to ensure that you are comfortable. Several examples are ensuring that we had peppermint tea for breakfast, guest services (sorry cannot remember the staff's name) kindly noted down all the key areas to visit within the locality, Melanie (hoping that her name is correct) - was extremley helpful and sorted out our final invoice situation with a smile, rooms as spacious - however, would have preferred a kingsize in our bedrooms.
Great location a definate recommendation! Thank you to everyone who made our first stay to NOLA a memborable one!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Located amongst the locals the, hotel does not feel like a hotel. It is your home away from home. I stayed in a suite that had a full kitchen, living room, washer, dyer, one (1) full bath with a half bath, and a separate entrance accessible from the street. New Orleans was my absolute favourite place to be before I went and now that I have experienced it, the city surpassed by expectations. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It is within walking distance to major attractions, food and shopping. What more could I ask for!
I have encouraged my coworker to visit New Orleans and convinced her to stay at the Melrose Mansion!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Airlie Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 6 nights in a Marigny apartment which was located a couple of doors down from the mansion but easily accessible from the "back way". The room was really spacious but the bed could've been a king size which let this studio apartment down. The other item they could have is a 2 seater couch which would make it more comfortable. If you like to be in total darkness when you wake up in the morning, you wont get it here as the closed shutters tend to let in light. The apartment was beautifully fitted out and still had loads of character. We were on the second floor and there is a lift but it is the slowest lift - ever.

Totally loved the fact that we had a washer/dryer which I made use of! Housekeeping did a great job and kept everything clean and topped up. Having the pool was awesome but more shaded areas are needed.

Apart from check in and check out we didn't really have anything to do with the staff and we didn't have a chance to partake of the breakfast or afternoon nibbles. You are quite removed from the general going's on at the Mansion when you stay in the apartments and we only saw one other couple which was poolside but we quite enjoyed the solitude.

The location we found to be great. Far enough away from the action when you want to be and close enough to Bourbon & Frenchmen Street. We ate at the close by Buffas Cafe - very enjoyable and spent a fair bit of time at the Balcony Music Club enjoying great blues music.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and if we come back to New Orleans would certainly consider Melrose again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is gorgeous. It's sophisticated, yet charming and romantic. Every time my partner and I stay here, we feel as though we are in New York, but without the over stimulating vibe of New York. I absolutely love this place. It's reminiscent of my actual home. The pool is so quaint. The team is warm and truly helpful. Do yourself a favor stay here you will fall in love.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is day #2 out of 5 and I am hooked!!! Wyatt, Jordan, & all of the staff are super accommodating without the pretentious aura that some boutique hotels seem to posses. The grounds are exquisite and the rooms charming. We LOVE the 24 hr access to the pool...a fabulous way to unwind and cool off after a hot, busy New Orleans day. We have stayed many times in NOLA, but so far Melrose is the first 5-star I've ever given!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sandra Bullock owns a house in New Orleans. For the last three weeks, I lived at Melrose Mansion, where I, too, experienced the magic of a living in a historical home and being made to feel like a celebrity. This is the second time I stayed at Melrose, the first was for my daughter’s wedding, and, as usual, I loved it. Not only is it beautiful but the staff is wonderful and took such good care of me. They truly became my friends. So thank you, Brian, Melanie, George, Jordan, Yuri, Biana, Joani, Devan, Mindy, Jayson, Reyna, Arcadia, Veronica, Paco, and most important, Kenny, the Manager. Thank you all for making my stay in New Orleans sublime and an experience to remember. Love you all.

Room Tip: I loved my Melrose room for it's spaciousness and the large bathroom with the jetted tub. But...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for seven days. Not sure how much time we needed for our first NOLA experience. Melrose is one of two places that was just in price range for the week. Plus they have an outdoor pool surrounding privacy with trees and landscaping. Pool was very important to me this time around. You feel as if you're at you very own vacation home. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful with all. Small breakfast in the morning, not large spread. But hey I did not want so much food that would weigh me down for the afternoon. Yogurt and fruit with coffee and an apple for the walk in town was good enough for me. Third floor offers enough workout equipment to more than satisfy your needs. Home away from home. The room we stayed in was in the connected house behind the main. They also own a home two doors down with their own parking. Every morning when we headed to breakfast we did check out any rooms that housekeeping was working on. Not one room looked alike. But each room style with modern and traditional furnishings. Which room to stay in next time? I do wish we had a refridgerator in our room though. Now where to store our left-overs from restaurants. Next time we are coming with another couple to split the expense of the suite on the second floor in the main house. Apparently its set up like an apt with full kitchen. We spent alot of money on local food and next time would like to have a kitchen to use. There is a local grocer called Rouses in the Quarter. It has everything you need. Melrose is just across the street from the French Quarter if you don't mind the 10 minute walk to the center of Bourbon Street. But the walk is nice to see the architecture of the many styles the homes of NOLA offer. Along the way you can see business's you may need from NOLA. Grocery, post office, late night eateries, etc. Melrose is only a few blocks from Frenchman Street which is a must see for those wanting to experience non-Bourbon Street affair on their first night. Smaller that Bourbon Street, but alot to see in this neighborhood. Little stores, cafes, dive bars, clubs, etc. Your not far from the French Market either. One morning it rained heavily so we took the cab 3 minutes $5 down the street to the market. We used the United Cab service for long rides across town, recommended by the staff at Melrose. Melrose is perfect for anyone wanting a romantic accommidation for honeymoons, anniversaries or for the simple flair of style in a historical home. See you guys next time!

Room Tip: Bring a "do not disturb" sign for your door. Several mornings I could pin-point when hous...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Melrose Mansion? Share your experiences!