“Rock star service, clean rooms and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Orleans Marriott

Save Saved
You added New Orleans Marriott to your Saves list
New Orleans Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save now in New Orleans
Ranked #84 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Portland, Oregon
“Rock star service, clean rooms and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the moment that we arrived, on a very busy Friday, we were greeted by an outstanding group of valet attendants, check-in was quick and an extra foam pillow was delivered within 5 minutes of checking in (we requested it at check-in).

We stayed on the 20th floor in the River Tower (original tower) and as busy as it was over the weekend, we only heard our neighbors once. The most noise came from the streets below.

The beds were super comfy, the rooms were extremely clean and the hotel is situated at the start of the French Qtr., across from downtown. The pool (two of them; one is 2' 6" and another has a depth of 8') was very busy over the weekend but there's a nice breeze up there (5th floor).

I would have given this hotel 5 stars all the way across if it wasn't for the horrible service that we received in the restaurant 5Fifty5. The lady (Anna?) on our departure day had no personality, seemed upset, never smiled and was just flat out rude! I can expect service like that in the Qtr., but not at Marriott.

The poor restaurant service wouldn't deter me from returning, but I do hope that management evaluates their staff. We spent a lot of money in that hotel and we deserved to be treated better. She just had an "attitude".

• Stayed June 2013
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Monika G, the title of your review says it all! Service, comfort, and location are all boxes that we hope to check during a stay. We make it a priority to provide the same quality, no matter how busy we are, and I think that showed when you arrived on a busy Friday. The peace and quiet you experienced is also a hallmark of the Marriott brand. Even with the hustle and bustle outside our doors, there's plenty of serenity to be found inside.

I'm so sorry as it sounds like you had a less-than-ideal dining experience. Rest assured; on your next visit to 5Fifty5, you will not run into the same problem. We will make sure you encounter associates with a great disposition. I will share your comments with our restaurant team so we can learn from your experience.

We hope to see you here in New Orleans again soon!

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager
Marriott New Orleans

1,801 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

While in New Orleans to present at a conference at another hotel, I choose to stay with Marriott. The right decision. The front desk staff are excellent and helpful at all times. Having a Fedex in the lobby to ship souveiners home was a major plus! The Concierge staff: Kathy and +++++ sorry I cant recall the names, were wonderful and made everyone feel like guests at home; the food and presentation at the lounge were some of the Best I have ever encountered while traveling. I spent an afternoon at the pool and its a great plus for a few minutes relaxation in what can always be a busy city visit. I always enjoy New Orleans but know that it can be exhausting, so having a home like Marriott to come back too....excellent! I was fortunate to have a river view, and even while working, I could look out on the mighty Mississip and watch the river traffic, see the Natchez paddle wheel and enjoy the view. So, bring your walking shoes to tour the quarter, the garden district, the French Market, the river front! See Oscar in the French Market for unique jewelery and enjoy the beignets at Cafe du Mond and the Beignet Cafe! A great place for business or fun. Come on down and stay at the Marriott!

Room Tip: The river tower and view are a real treat!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was traveling on business and stayed at the New Orleans Marriott for 2 nights. My company had booked over 10 rooms here due to the meetings that were going to be taken place during the week. The first morning I woke up and had bites all on my wrist, but did not jump to the conclusion that it was bed beds, I thought it was a spider bite or some kind of insect bite. The next morning I woke up and had about 20 small bites all along the right side of my neck. After consulting with a doctor he concluded that I obtained Bed Bugs while in the hotel. This is completely disgusting and personally/and on business I will never be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Lindsay P, your complaints have been heard, and we are committed to getting to the bottom of this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss this issue in greater detail. There's nothing more important to us than your comfort and safety, and we won't rest until an adequate resolution has been reached for both you and for future guests.

Robert Bray

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is beautiful. The staff wasn't very helpful. The rooms are average; however, the bathroom is very nice. The linen smelled like mildew. I want very impressed. I stayed here one night and moved to the Hyatt for the duration of my stay...

Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Tywania P, I'm so sorry your stay with us was cut short. We pride ourselves on taking care of our guests when notified that challenges have occurred. Though it sounds like there were a few bright spots, I hope you'll accept our sincerest apologies for failing to provide the signature Marriott service from start to finish. Should you choose to stay again, I can guarantee a different experience. In a place as historic and beautiful as New Orleans, you deserve to be treated to the absolute best, and that's what we're committed to providing. Please let me know if there's anything we can do at this point to begin the process of regaining your trust.

Robert Bray

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were treated wonderfully from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We asked for a room with a view and had an excellent room on the 38th floor overlooking the city. We enjoyed the Sunday brunch and evening snacks in the lounge area. Everyone was friendly and made us feel welcome. It is located on the edge of the French Quarter. The Trolley stop is in front to take you to City Park or just to ride around. Easy walking distance to the Quarter. What a beautiful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear JanDenise, it certainly sounds like you enjoyed a "beautiful stay," and we're so glad to have been a part of it. I think I speak for the entire staff when I say there's no greater compliment than that of "great service." It's something we strive to achieve with each and every guest. And that quest for greatness is made slightly easier when you're located in a place as gorgeous as the French Quarter.

We always say that a first visit is just the tip of the iceberg, and with each return visit, the city reveals even more to love. That's why I hope your next trip to New Orleans is just around the corner. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help make it happen.

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel so clean and so convient to everything around the New Orleans area....front desk and valet employes so nice and so friendly going to stay here again!!!! Love there is a Starbucks in the lobby...we stayed in the river tower and views we great!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked on Priceline by naming our own bid at $75/night. This was great, but after paying the parking fee, we could've stayed an additional night. All in all, I still feel like it was a great value. The property is beautiful when you walk in...the pool is very standard and the rooms were a tad dated and small. They were very clean and safe, however, and this was a nice break from the heat of the city and filth of Bourbon Street.

Speaking of Bourbon Street, we were just blocks in each direction from there as well as the Riverwalk, museums, casino, ferry, etc.

The staff here were extremely helpful and friendly. They would go out of their way to make sure you were comfortable! The concierge, Nicole, was also very knowledgeable about anything we asked. Bottom line, I highly recommend this property.

Been to New Orleans Marriott? Share your experiences!