“DeAun made our experience A-1 !!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Buy Two, Get One FREE!!
Ranked #26 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Nashville, Tennessee
“DeAun made our experience A-1 !!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

For starters, we were set to arrive early evening on July 25th. I was a little nervous that we would be at risk of losing our room or being bumped to a lesser quality room. To put my mind at ease, I contacted the Lamothe house the day before our departure. I was greeted by a remarkably pleasant voice. I explained my concerns to the person answering the phone (whom I soon learned was DeAun). She immediately set about putting my fears to rest by explaining that I was in no danger at all of losing my room due to checking in between 8:30pm and 9:00pm.

She also went as far as to patiently, and with great detail, provide us with insider restaurant, live music, and city sights suggestions. I actually felt as though she was my personal travel agent and guide.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I couldn't wait to meet this unbelievable hotel representative. DeAun did not disappoint ! She was just as pleasant, professional, and attentive in person. We checked into our room which was very clean. However, much smaller than I had expected. The queen bed was very comfortable with very clean and crisp linen. The hardwood floor was smooth and visually appealing. The nightstands that were alongside both sides of the bed, had 2 spacious drawers each. There was also a 3 drawer spacious dresser as well. The hotel provides a clean pool and orderly pool area which holds plenty of comfortable lounge chairs. Our room was located in the courtyard area consisting of pretty greenery, cobblestone walkways, and a stone fountain. The ice machine could also be accessed by taking a leisurely stroll through the scenic courtyard and past the pool.

The hotel doesn't provide guests with toothbrushes or toothpaste. I was also a bit disappointed by the size of our bathroom which didn't include a tub. Nor would one have fit. But every encounter I had with the hotel staff, from the front desk to housekeeping, was ideal. Every question that we had related to anything in New Orleans, was greeted with an eager response full of personal suggestions that we greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to DeAun, Todd, and Jonathan !

Room Tip: Make sure to ask specific questions about room size and amenities.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I just stayed a two night mid week stay for $99. Two nights, $99. OK, so it's the end of July, it's hot and humid in NOLA, but there's almost no TOURISTS and if you know your way around, you can walk for ten minutes, then pop into somewhere air conditioned, cool off, then go again.

Lamothe House is on Esplanade at Royal at the back of the quarter. It has suites and nice rooms, a very nice pool and a great location. It's a two minute walk to Snug Harbor where you'll find the finest musicians in all of NOLA, many, many restaurants and bars, exceptional characters and just across Esplanade from the French Quarter.

Our room was in the back facility from the main house. The room was enormous with two queen beds, a huge armoire, and a great very roomy bathroom with tub and shower. Of course also a flat screen TV and heavy black out curtains for sleeping in. Parking was $20 a night (not bad for NOLA) and reasonably secure though we found the gate to the lot open more often than closed. The odd ball thing? There was no chair in the room and no desk. Not that you need these things, but when you're in your 60's standing and putting on your walking shoes is not an option. The beds were great and the house keeping service was exceptional.

The staff was extremely friendly and efficient. The "fruit breakfast" was a big bowl with some apples in it, but this is not a "bed and breakfast", and anything you wanted to eat was an easy stroll from the hotel.

We absolutely loved this hotel and the experience. We lived in New Orleans before retiring to Memphis, and this is a really, really great place to stay with access to the best of the Quarter and the Marigny. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Take a "400" room to get the peace and quiet of the back house.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kaufman, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here during a bachelor party with some of my best friends. The staff was very friendly and accommodating! The hotel is beautifully restored, and has a great location! I have no complaints about the hotel! I would stay here again, and recommend it to other!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My super experience at Hotel lamothe

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to make this post. Three weeks ago I had the pleasure of staying 3 nights and 4days at The Lamothe House Hotel during Essence Festival/ Fourth of July weekend, and it was literally one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.
There is no question where this story begins and ends, and that is with the staff, specifically Christopher, from the moment he greeted us with a warm welcome of southern hospitality.
Our room wasn't quite ready because check-in was 3pm and we got the around noon, but no worries Christopher had plan. We left our bags with him, and he proceeded to direct us to all the close attractions via the super convenient walking map (that you need for your first visit to the French quarter).
We returned to the hotel after doing some tourist things and grabbing our first po boy to find our luggage had been put in the room by Christopher, the room was exactly what we had expected and more.
Hotel specifics: it is a historic hotel and it is beautiful with a few modern amenities, you will have a flat screen cable television and an updated bathroom but no mini fridge or bar. The pool is beautiful and it has a jacuzzi and despite some initial difficulty figuring out how to turn it on, it actually does work although everyone assumes it doesn't. If you book the suite it has a separate small bedroom which is great if there are more then two people in your party. The bathroom products are aveda which was a wonderful surprise.
Back to the staff at Lamothe House, Christopher and Renee. Renee was evening staff by which time we were in the french quarter so our time with him was limited although he was equally as attentive as Christopher. I must stress that I have never met two people more dedicated to the customers happiness.
This was me and my party's first trip to New Orleans and although we were there for the festival our real goal was to be full tourists, Christopher made this perfect trip. He booked our ghost tour several times because we changed the size of our party, directed us to the best resturants, called us multiple cabs, book tours for my mom and aunts who were staying at a different hotel as a courtesy, and he booked our steamboat cruise and when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to find that he had reserved our party of 9 a large table to accommodate us all (only reserved table on the boat was ours). Christopher eliminated the time it takes on vacation to plan out an itinerary, we literally just gave him a list of things we wanted to do and he made sure we were scheduled to do them or directed to the best locations for that experience.
I recommend this hotel to anyone going to New Orleans for the first time and anyone looking for an authentic new orleans visit, because the location to the French quarter is perfect without being submerged in the action (less then 2-3 blocks), the hotel has historical charm with modern amenities, and most importantly they have Christopher. Seriously if you have ever had an unpleasant experience with hotel staff allow the Lamothe House Hotel to restore your confidence in the hotel and service industries.

Would I stay here again? I am planning a trip back now just to hang out with Christopher lol

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had two rooms (One suite and one 2 bed room) when we stayed here and both were fantastic. The staff was always friendly and knew the best spots to visit. The hotel was always clean and respected the "do not disturb" signs when posted. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will be staying here next time I visit New Orleans.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My friends and I stayed in two of the Lamothe rooms. The first one was absolutely majestic; it featured high ceilings, a fine European chandelier, a huge and comfortable king bed, a pull out sofa bed and best of all... tons of space to party! The second room was exactly what we wanted after hours of exploring the city, it had two amazingly comfortable beds, a nice tv to help us fall asleep, a patio and a clean refreshing bathroom.
This place also has a nice pool and the decor inside and outside is unique and a perfect introduction to whats expected around the city.
Above all, the location was superb. We did not need any transportation to anywhere. Walking to Bourbon street was quick, easy, and fun. Frenchmen street was a nice surprise and around the corner from our room. Frenchmen street had awesome live music, late night bars and restaurants and tons of people hanging out.
I plan to take my wife to New Orleans soon and we'll definitely be staying in the Lamothe House.

Room Tip: We stayed across the street from the main house. It was great! We loved opening the door and being r...
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our room was a nice surprise- it was a two bedroom with a sitting area. Having a seperate bedroom- with a door- was wonderful. But, we were on the third floor- and there were no elevators. Carrying heavy suitcases up and down the stairs was not fun. Or even just coming back from a busy, exhausting day- and having to face all those stairs, wasn't ideal for any of us.

As our room was in the main house and faced the street, it was very loud in the morning. We heard each and every car, truck, policemen and firemen racing down the street, and as a result, never got to sleep in.

Unfortunately, the beautiful pool they show on their website was a murky green and out of order. We saw someone working on it when we checked it, and were hopeful that it would be ready the following day. But it remained closed for the duration of our 4 night stay.

Additionally, the air conditioning in our room stopped working on our last day/night. We informed the front desk at 2pm, with plenty of time for them to send someone over to repair it. The front desk merely gave us a fan and called it a night. As it was so hot and muggy, we had to go back to the front desk to ask for another fan. He assured me that he'd go find another one asap and bring it right up. He must have gotten lost somewhere along the way, because he never saw him again.

Overall, we wouldn't stay here again. Aside from the problems we had with the room specifically and the hotel in general, it is a little out of walking distance from the Quarter, especially in the crushing heat of summer.

Stayed July 2014