“A fantastic hotel on the edge of the French Quarter” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Off Your Stay
Ranked #33 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Chicago, Illinois
“A fantastic hotel on the edge of the French Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Lamothe House is a wonderful hotel just outside of some of the busiest areas of the French Quarter, and helped make a fantastic trip to New Orleans even better. Rooms were clean and air conditioned, beds were comfortable, and building itself is within walking distance to both the French Quarter as well as Frenchman Street. It also features a pool, which we took full advantage of in the New Orleans heat. Staff was friendly and accommodating, and handled our minor requests with aplomb. Our only complaint - that we only had two nights to stay in New Orleans. We plan to return, both to this wonderful city and this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is split between the old carriage house and a guest house across the road. The guest hous...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This is the best place to stay. It's quite, right beside Frenchman street and 2 streets down from Burbon street. Also very close to a street car and the French market. The staff was vey nice and they have a great pool.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kincardine, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

A beautiful collection of rooms and gardens that provide a nice quiet escape from the French Quarter with secure, card-access parking for your vehicle. Located within walking distance of everything. The very well kept rooms are air-conditioned and located around a pool and hot tub (closed for cleaning/maintenance when I was there). Plenty of atmosphere in this old house with the modern features you want. I'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Keller, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel used to be a Carriage house.... back in the day. It still has the old wood floors, stairs, etc. from the original building. There is a lot of history for this building as well. We stayed out in the 'guest buildings' which were behind the hotel, across another street. The building was updated and nice. The original wood floors were still in place on a 'pier and beam' structure with high ceilings. (The wood floors did squeak when walked on) To me, this was part of the 'old flavor' of this hotel and I quite enjoyed my stay here. The bathrooms were completely up to date and nice. The beds were quite comfortable as I not only slept on it a night, but an afternoon power nap to get myself prepared for what the night had to offer. Well worth the stay. I found the day time desk clerk as well as the hotel staff quite nice and accommodating, on a daily basis, when questions or requests were made. Will definitely make a point to stay here again, if possible, my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was my wife & I first time staying here which she called & they told all about what they had there. Once we got there we had access being walking distance to anywhere we wanted to go, Jackson square, French quarter, you name it it was right there! and the rooms were large & very clean, quite surroundings. So will we stay there again, oh Ya!! please visit it there you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Pick the one off from the pool by itself, nice!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We loved staying at the Lamothe House. The hotel had character & history, with modern amenities. Our room had a jacuzzi and a HUGE bathroom. We didn't have a chance to use the pool, but it looked awesome! The hotel is in a great location because there are a lot of bars and restaurants close by, but the side street is really quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was me and my friends first time to New Orleans. So when finding a hotel to book it was gamble. I booked the Lamothe based solely on reviews, location, and we also wanted to stay somewhere that screamed history.

Well, the Lamothe is that place! Right on the edge of the French Quarter and the Marigny neighborhoods. A block from Royal st, 1 1/2 blocks from Bourbon st, and where the locals hang on Frenchmen St. The location couldn't be beat!!

Our room was near the courtyard by the pool. We had a newly renovated room with a king sized comfy bed, decent sized bathroom with a huge shower. The room was small, but who cares we were in the big easy, and let's be honest we were only in our room long enough to sleep and shower! The room also had a ac that would freeze us out! Can't complain about that! The price of the room per night was also very affordable. It was also nice and quiet when it was bed time!

The staff.... I can't say enough good things about the staff here. We arrived at the hotel way before check in at 11am. The person in the check in office was so nice and helpful. I do believe his name is Chris. Since they were unable to accommodate us with an early check in Chris allowed us to leave our luggage in the office so we could go ahead and start exploring the city. When our room was ready Chris called me (about an hour before actual check in time) to let us know our room was ready. He also had our luggage taken to our room for us, and the ac was already on and the room was nice and cold! The maintenence staff and maid staff were also top notch and super friendly. They treated me like they had known for me forever and was family member visiting. All of the staff gave us tips on where to go to eat, site see etc, and most importantly told us where to stay away from! Like I said I can't say enough good things about this place. When I come back to visit NOLA again, this is where I will be booking my room! I will also recommend this place to everyone I know!! ;-) Thank you Lamothe House staff for treating me so well!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lamothe House Hotel? Share your experiences!