“Beautiful hotel with an excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Buy Two, Get One FREE!!
Ranked #30 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Beautiful hotel with an excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Lamothe for one week and was very pleased. It was my first time in New Orleans and the staff at the hotel was very helpful in getting me acquainted with the city. There are dozens of restaurants and attractions within close walking distance of the hotel.

The building is a well-maintained example of 1820's architecture. The room was large and had a balcony with a great view. There is also a courtyard with a pool. The service was excellent and the prices were fair. I will be visiting the hotel again on my next visit and recommend it highly to others.

Room Tip: There are some rooms on the lower level near the pool that look very nice too.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Lamothe House for 5 days and couldnt have loved it more. The rooms are a little small but it was just enough space for us. Other reviews say the hotel is old but that just adds to the New Orleans charm and the rooms themselves are very modern. the location is perfect because not only are you around the corner from Frenchman st will the wonderful jazz clubs but it is a short walk down to Decatur and Bourbon St. Not only will I plan to stay again when we come back but I will tell all I know to stay here in their trips. 5 Stars!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Lamothe House Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind remarks! We are so thrilled to hear that not only did you enjoy your 5 night stay with us, but will be returning upon your next visit to New Orleans! Thank you for spreading the word about the Lamothe House, we look forward to having you back again!
Kirkland Lake Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Location,location,location! Perfect!
Traditional New Orleans ambience.
Superior Front Desk Service. (Thanks Jonathan)
Small rooms however an A+ on cleanliness & décor.
Gorgeous pool surrounded by a beautiful garden courtyard setting. A little extra TLC needed on the palms, potted plants, beds etc. though.
Private parking lot. Bonus!
Will come back? YES
Will recommend? YES
Wonderful Stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great feedback! We are so pleased you found our location to be so ideal, our staff and service to be so superior and your stay to be so enjoyable! We look forward to having you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The Lamothe house itself is a historic building, but the guest rooms are fully renovated, modernized and equipped with all the modern necessities. The staff is very helpful and there is even a pool, which is not well advertised, but you should bring a bathing suit.
They do not have breakfast, only tea and coffee and some apples, but Frenchmen street is just a block away and the French quarter is also just a short walk, with plenty of options to choose from. The location is very good, as it is relatively quiet but easy access to Bourbon street and Frenchmen street. We loved our short stay at this place.

Room Tip: If you want to have a good night sleep, choose rooms that open to the courtyard, as the outer ones c...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your short stay in March! We're glad you found our location to be so ideal and our staff to be so helpful. Thank you for the feedback regarding your thoughts on our pool not being well advertised as we are taking the opportunity to ensure that we have more photos of it on our website and social media pages. We hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties upon your next visit to New Orleans.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My experience at Lamothe House from beginning to end was THE best hotel stay I've ever had. It is the perfect location for staying in the French Quarter. It's away from the noise but close enough for a short walk to all of the activity. Right away the staff made us feel welcome. Very efficient, friendly and helpful. Jonathan in particular was so accomodating & a pleasure to talk to. I believe the other staff that helped greatly when we checked-in was Fernando - a pleasure also.
I absolutely loved the room. Clean, up-to-date bathroom, nice big comfy bed. (Not to mention Aveda products! - yay!) We felt very much at home in our nice, cozy room w/ high ceilings......slept like babies. The entry of the hotel is beautiful, and the facade is charming as well. On a lovely tree-lined street. I have never felt melancholy about leaving a hotel, but this one was just so special! I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed one night over Easter and were very pleased. Room was VERY DARK (no window, just a door with dark covering), so slept very nicely in King bed. Drawback was no chair. Bathroom comfortable size with fairly large shower. Nice pool for soaking or for sitting on the patio to take in some sun. Front desk was helpful and accommodating. Drawback is one can't check in til after 3 pm. You can, however, leave your luggage before then, BUT storage and registration is on the second floor -- so you have to cart your luggage up the circular steps. Although there was no breakfast, apples and oranges were available. (go to Cafe Enzie on Decatur for breakfast!)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Lamothe House is a small hotel located on the Eastern border of the French Quarter on Esplanade. It's a great location that's close enough to the action without being right in the middle of it. Also, I like to go to the Marigny and it's right on the border of the FQ and Marigny - so ideal.

I arrived early (and had told them I was arriving early) but was told when I arrived at noon that someone had checked out of my room so it was still being cleaned. They said to call around 1:30 to check to see if it was ready... I left my bags and wandered for a bit - coming back around 1:45. It still wasn't ready... I didn't end up getting in until 3pm (which IS check-in time) but being I had arrived at noon and they had checked out at 11am - I was hoping they could have tried to fast track the cleaning a bit - but it's ok.

The hotel is made up of the historic house on Esplanade and then some other annex buildings in the rear. I was in one of them. It was a double Queen room. It was a nice size, with a nice sized bathroom. It was right by the pool which is also in the courtyard and very nice. The beds were comfortable. My room, 120, had a small private, fenced in sitting area off the side that could be nice if you wanted to smoke or just be outside in private - it was small tho. But the double french doors on the front of the room and side were nice to open and let fresh air in.

The a/c system worked well. There was good hot water too. They use Aveda bath products.

There is no elevator at this hotel and check-in is on the 2nd floor - so if you have issues with mobility - it might not be the best. But other than that - it's a great place to stay and I would definitely consider staying there again.

Wish list: refrigerator in the rooms.

Room Tip: 120 is a double queen room. It's a great size, in a great location (right by the pool and ice ma...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Lamothe House Hotel? Share your experiences!