“The Best Hotel In New Orleans....” 5 of 5 stars

Maison DuPuy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112   |
Ranked #43 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Chicago, Illinois
“The Best Hotel In New Orleans....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Absolutely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in...and I have stayed in some of the best hotels all over the United States. The Maison DuPuy has a nostalgic charm and is located directly within the French Quarter. Although I enjoyed the beauty of the hotel, I was mostly impressed with the staff. The entire staff was unbelievably accommodating, charming, and pleasant but the concierge Sarah was invaluable! Sarah knew us by name and was honest about what tours and restaurants she thought were best for us. Throughout our trip Sarah made several reservations for us and set-up several tours for us. She truly made our trip easy and a joy! Other wonderful pleasures about the Maison DuPuy was the excellent sound proofing in the rooms, very comfortable beds, and delightful restaurant located directly within the hotel. I truly will never be staying anywhere else in New Orleans! Thank you Maison DuPuy!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MaisonDupuyMGT, General Manager at Maison DuPuy, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us DrDee003. We can’t tell you how much our staff will enjoy hearing your compliments! I will be sure to share your comments with Sarah. Our entire staff takes such pride in providing personalized service.

We look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Steve Ferran General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I love this hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable, two restaurants, pool, gracious and helpful staff and perfect location. I grew up coming to New Orleans to see family and fell in love with the French Quarter charm and this hotel has plenty of that. I highly recommend this hotel to friends and I stay here ever time I go to New Orleans. I will be back in December to watch my wonderful Saints play ball.

Room Tip: The courtyard view is very nice but so is the roof top view. I prefer the courtyard, its quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Your kind praise for our staff is sincerely appreciated and will be passed along to the team Joanna T.
We look forward to welcoming you back in December to our hotel!
Southern Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was in New Orleans for a meeting and the meeting planner booked the hotel. I was driving and used the valet parking with no problem, but it's expensive at $36 a day. My room was on the 4th floor with a view of the courtyard, which was nice. The room itself was very basic. It was small, which was to be expected due to the age of the hotel. The bathroom is one of the smallest I've ever seen. The door barely cleared the front of the toilet. The room really shows its age, but it was clean. My biggest complaint is that the walls are very thin and I could hear the neighboring room partying at 3 am in the morning when they came back from Bourbon street. You are only 2 blocks away from all the action in the French Quarter. It wasn't a bad experience, but I would probably pick a different hotel if I was choosing the location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your detailed review of the hotel Maysen. We are excited about our upcoming renovation of the hotel that will give us a completely updated appearance.

I truly do hope that you will visit us once again to experience our new product by this time next year.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Attended a business meeting at this hotel and stayed the night before and the night after. Sales staff was nice to work with in the pre-planning phase. Hotel is in a good location for getting around the French Quarter. Small lobby seems chaotic when very many people are there. Front desk staff helpful and friendly. We had a suite but it was very small, as you might expect in a historic hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel Traveler from the Midwest. I will share your remarks with our Sales Team and our Front Office Manager.
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Interesting architecture, beautiful courtyard, cozy bar, and conveniently located. Rooms were overall pretty clean, bath fixtures were dated however, and air conditioning vent was noticeably dusty. From my experience the hotel staff were friendly, but the valet staff were rude, and appeared to be overwhelmed. The 18th century streets are small, so expect some traffic delays while waiting for valet service. A bit pricey, but like they say, "Location, location, location", and the Maison Dupuy puts you in the middle of it all.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard offer a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid feedback keltoid. I am sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with our Valet team as that is not the norm. We have a complete hotel renovation coming in 2014 which will greatly enhance the guest experience with updated amenities and fixtures.
I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans!
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just left yesterday was there since Tuesday,usually when I write a review it's a good one because all you ever see is the bad plus I work in the service industry so I understand. Most of the staff was just plain out rude and nasty with the exception of some of the cleaning staff earlier in the week as the week went on the bathroom tub was clogged, balcony looked like it wasn't cleaned in months I actually went to walgreens and bought cleaning wipes so I could have coffee in morning and not sit at a sticky table (which makes the price of a room double) there were stains on the sheets which I changed myself after complaining again nasty!!! Breakfast was ok but super expensive, go down the block and get better food for cheaper. The room service $90 (sucked) had to go online for the menu anyways I received 2 separate bills 1,048.67 and another 1,162.34 but my card was charged 1,359.07 weird right I was overcharged room tax 2 days and each price was a different amount and a charge for room service which I paid cash and tipped $20 oh ya the cleaning lady starts banging on my door at 10:30 talking about when are you leaving I need to clean your room I told her at 11:00 at check out this lady calls me a b**ch under her breath while walking away, oh no I just spent over a thousand dollars in this place lady your gonna be lucky if you have a job after I'm done with dealing with that comment. There are real nice places in that area I would suggest taking your money somewhere appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013
We appreciate your feedback Whiskers15. We will utilize your comments to ensure that our Housekeeping team is following all necessary procedures as it relates balcony cleanliness. Clearly we fell short during your experience. Please contact the hotel directly so that we can take the appropriate action regarding your departure experience.
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is very charming and close to everything. We booked online at a discount website and then once we returned to New Orleans from a cruise we stayed here another night but booked through the hotel itself. Our First room was small with no view and crammed together. Shower was always hot and the room was clean. The room we booked with the hotel personally was very large with a court yard view also very clean. We really enjoyed this hotel. The concierge wasn't very good tho only tried to push her companies that she represents and isn't very helpful when it come to New Orleans its self. Front desk was more useful

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review of the hotel mandy_terry333. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so much that you booked your second leg of your journey with us. I would always recommend booking directly with the hotel. I do apologize that your interaction with the Concierge did not go well. We do not represent any venders and should recommend only the best available options for our guests.
Steve Ferran General Manager

Been to Maison DuPuy? Share your experiences!