“Nice hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Maison DuPuy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112   |
Ranked #52 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Chicago
“Nice hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

A couple of friends and myself did a quick 1 night trip to New Orleans. After looking at many other hotels I decided on this one due to price and location. The hotel is located 2 blocks from Bourbon St. so you are close but not too close. We didn't rent a car so the parking wasn't a cost problem. Be prepared to walk a lot though.The hotel was nice inside and out. Nice clean courtyard and pool.. The staff was accomodating and friendly. The front desk made adjustments to our room arrangement without a problem or price increase. Also, the valets helped us stow our bags because we arrived early and the room wasn't ready for check in.. We did get to check in before 4:00pm because they got the room ready for us and let us check in. It was a great stay and would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: The large balconies are nice to relax on.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MaisonDupuyMGT, General Manager at Maison DuPuy, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel Steve D, we truly appreciate it. Our location is prefect as it is walking distance to many attractions. I am happy our Front Desk team was able to assist you with an early check-in and your rooming needs.

Steve Ferran General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
woodstock,il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

nice place, they made some major renovations. good on site restaurant/bar. close to the Quarter but not too close. close to Rampart too so, be aware of your surroundings, but do explore. rooms are quite nice. halls are a bit noisy, parking is pricey but so is everywhere in NOLA. Staff is efficient if not friendly

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel LBurbridge. We hope to see you again in near future.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed for three nights in the Maison Dupuy over spring break this year. We loved it. It is in the French Quarter close to everything. We could walk down to the jazz bars on Frenchman street, the French Market, the aquarium, etc.

The pool and courtyard were truly gorgeous. The workout room could use some new equipment but at least we could get our workouts in. Our room overlooked Toulouse St and was lovely with a nice view of palm trees in the neighbouring courtyard. We took advantage of the morning buffet and it was so wonderful. We will be back next time we visit NOLA.

• Stayed March 2013
MaisonDupuyMGT, General Manager at Maison DuPuy, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay in New Orleans Annaleahware. Our location is nearby many sights in the city: Bourbon Street, Jackson Square and many historic sites. Our breakfast in the Bistreaux is very good and great way to start the day.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Maison Dupuy on your next visit!
Steve Ferran General Manager
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Visited the Big Easy for my birthday with my mom.

Pros-
* very well located, we were able to walk to everything in the Quarter and not feel like it was a long haul back at the end of the day.
* the beds were nice
* the concierge was very helpful and friendly- recommending places to eat and sites to see
* we got to see the daughter from "Pit Bulls and Parolees" get married (that was just an added bonus :) )

Cons-
* The front desk staff was not as helpful or friendly as I would have expected (I was however able to check into our room 3 hours before actual check in time- so that's a Pro)
* Our waiter at the restaurant was awful (from the moment we sat down we felt like we were bothering him)
* the bathroom needed quite an update
* the courtyard view we had was through a very small double window (would have saved the money and opted for a different location had we known)

Overall it was a good place to stay. If I were to go back to visit again however I would probably stay at a "chain" hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I appreciate the detailed review you gave us wingsgal1930. That was a very unique wedding here at the hotel and a great experience for us and our guest. I am glad that our Concierge was able to make a positive impression upon you. While being able to check-in early was great I do apologize that your interaction with the Front Desk was not what it should have been.

The bathrooms, along with the entire hotel, will be updated late spring this coming year. I do hope you will visit us once again.

Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a fantastic stay with Maison Dupuy.
I was in town for a medical school interview at Tulane, and the morning of my interview I wasn't able to get a cab. The valets called one company twice and a second company once, and after 25 minutes of waiting, still no cab arrived. At this point it was 10 minutes to my interview, which isn't enough time to walk. One of the valets rescued me and drove me to my interview in his own vehicle. I have never had someone go so far above and beyond the call of duty to help me before. What a fantastic person!
I made it to the interview on time and have since been accepted to the program.

The breakfast buffet was good, lots of hot and cold food, and more than enough for me to eat (I don't eat beef or pork).
I will make sure to recommend Maison Dupuy to all of my future New Orleans guests!

Room Tip: I picked a courtyard facing room to keep the noise out, but it wasn't a problem because Maison D...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wow 111HappyTraveller111! What a great story! This just goes to show that just one person can make such a difference in any situation. More important is that not only did you make in time for your interview, but you were accepted into the program.

We can’t wait to see you and all of our Tulane friends once again!

Millbrook, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wanted to stay in an authentic New Orleans hotel, so I booked The Maison Dupuy as there were some excellent reviews previously posted. I expected an old appearance, but I also expected updated amenities, especially for the price! What we experienced were paper thin walls, old, low bathroom vanity, bathtub drain was obviously slow because I stood in 3 inches of water as I showered. I thought there would be complimentary coffee, but the only coffee available was the room variety or you could buy a cup for $2.00 in the restaurant. Our sheets were stained when the covers were turned down. Overall, totally disappointed! Yucky experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you were disappointed during your recent visit Karen L. We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and I regret that we failed in this instance. Do offer both in-room complimentary coffee along with the option of visiting the Bistreaux for breakfast or just coffee.

I do hope we will have the chance to impress you with our upcoming renovation.
Steve Ferran General Manager
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Your entire staff was outstanding during our trip. The Banquet team and the food during the banquets was perhaps the best that I have experienced. This was the first time that i had Praline Bacon and I must say that I have to try that at home. Also of note was the Bloody Mary that I had on Monday. I usually don't like this drink but tried it at your hotel and it was fantastic.

There always seemed to be loads of taxis out front waiting to zip guests to their destination. The distance from Bourbon street makes this a great place to stay and just walk to your destination while being able to be in a quite and safe environment.

I don't know how they do it but the beds were soooooo comfortable. I stay at dozens of hotels each year and these were up there as one of the top 5 for sure.

I will definitely be staying here if i come back to your town. I found a new hometown favorite.

by B. M. Howard

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor. This seems like an easier room to navigate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your thoughtful review Berkley H. We are pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly. Our Banquet Team truly understands how to create a memorable event.

The Praline Bacon is outstanding. That precise combination of salty and sweet!

Steve Ferran General Manger

Been to Maison DuPuy? Share your experiences!