“This hotel should be #1 on your list, not #3” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Savannah, Georgia
“This hotel should be #1 on your list, not #3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

We have stayed at more New Orleans hotels than I can count, and some have been lovely -- but this one takes the cake. It's a beautiful hotel, inside and out (when we drove up I couldn't believe how gorgeous it looked, almost like it glowed, no fooling!). The service was impeccable, from the doorman in his tophat and tails, to the gorgeous dining room, and can't leave out the cozy bar tended by our new friend Roosevelt, who can make just about any drink from any era. We had an excellent view, from the ninth floor (and didn't notice a lot of noise from the stairway, even though we were also there for Mardi Gras week -- but we were at the far end of the hall, right next to the Presidential Suite, which we were lucky enough to tour while the maid was cleaning it, and there are just no words, my friends . . . . *sigh*).

To sum up, take just about every reviewer's word for it: this place is an event in itself. If I were recommending a perfect honeymoon location, or just about ANY event (I wouldn't bring kids, however, though you certainly could I'm sure). It really was perfect for Mardi Gras, we could even watch parades from our lofty window, but couldn't catch any 'throws' from nine storeys up, so went down to St. Charles where we caught lots and lots. Then were lucky enough to walk a few blocks back 'home'. Ah!! What a delightful memory!! Thanks, Le Pavillon!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our trip to New Orleans. We usually stay at high-end chain or resort-style hotels, so I did not know what to expect from the Le Pavillon. It was amazing. Visually, the hotel is ornately decorated and richly appointed. The rooms are small and not extremely modern (no coffee pots in the rooms, small bathrooms, wimpy hair dryers), but other small touches make up for it. They have a nightly complimentary snack in the lobby at 10PM, and the Crystal Room dining area is breathtaking in its opulence. The staff were some of the friendliest we have run into in our travels - within one minute of entering the hotel, I was having a great conversation with a bellhop while my husband checked us in. We had the Sunday Champagne Brunch ($35) in the Crystal Room the morning that we left and it was delicious. Dallas was our server and he was great. The live piano music really made our last meal in New Orleans just perfect. I really recommend this hotel for anyone who likes art, history or beautiful places. We will definitely stay here again on a return visit.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Le Pavillon for Mardi Gras, February 21st-25th. It was perfect! Even with the Parades rolling, you can still reach Le Pavillon from I-10 with no trouble. Our room was a standard, but it had a huge closet and a lovely bathroom. We enjoyed breakfast in the Crystal Room, really used the rooftop deck and pool, and found the entire staff to be genuinely kind - the type of place where they mean it when they say "enjoy your stay." Room service was great, we loved the pb&j at 10pm - after a long day of catching beads, it is very nice to nice to come home to!

If you can't stand any noise, I would request that you stay anywhere besides the 9th floor - depending on the room location, you hear people getting off the elevator to climb the stairs to the roof deck and the hot tub...but this was only a problem the night before Mardi Gras - to be expected, and it certainly didn't mar our trip!

The location is perfect for Mardi Gras - it is a block and a half from most parades and is 4 blocks from the French Quarter - close enough to enjoy the action but quiet enough to escape the madness. It is also one block from MILA, one of the newest restaurant sensations in NOLA fine dining.

Mount Prospect, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

We just visited Le Pavillon for the first time and were truly impressed and pleased with the quality of this place. From the moment you walk into the lobby you know you're someplace special. I've never stayed anywhere in New Orleans with this level of service and attention to detail. Every member of the staff we encountered from the doorman as we arrived, through the desk staff, housekeeping and room service each seemed to be doing his or her best to make sure we enjoyed our visit and had whatever we needed.

We had a king bed and the room was large by New Orleans standards. The bathroom was small but gleaming marble, and spotlessly clean. The bath products smelled of grapefruit and were really nice, and the shower had the best water pressure we've experienced in a New Orleans hotel. We ordered room service each morning, and it never took longer than 15 minutes to arrive. Finally, the housekeeping staff was probably the most efficient and least-obtrusive I've seen.

This was our first Mardi Gras, and the hotel was located just a block away from the Saint Charles parade route. It's only a 3 block walk into the French Quarter, and the route was well-lighted and seemed safe. The hotel is also convenient to the casino.

I was really impressed with the high speed internet service in the room--it was free and really fast. We were able to send lots of pictures home while we visited. When we checked out we left our bags with the bell desk and were able to enjoy walking around the Quarter for a few more hours before our plane left.

We booked the room through Hotels.com and were thrilled to get it for around $130/night. We will definitely stay here again.

Clarksville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

We stayed for about a week around Mardi Gras, and this was our second stay at this hotel. I love the old fashioned nature of this hotel, new hotels are nice but always seem so sleek and modern - this hotel is unapologetically old fashioned and it works. Obviously we paid sky rates because of carnival, but even with that service suffered a little. I felt like our room was never thoroughly cleaned and the fitness center and pool area were unkempt. Also, while the old fashioned decor is perfectly appropriate in the guest rooms, the linens are getting worn, and the mattresses need to be replaced soon, ours was kind of lumpy. Ok, the good parts are a super-friendly staff who if you even pause to look around in the lobby will ask what they can do for you. Also, the rooftop pool area is a lovely place to relax. I like the location because I think it is too crazy to stay in the quarter, and this is an easy walk to the quarter with a lot dining establishments around that aren't total tourist ripoffs.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

The hotel has not changed over the years. It is a fine, classic, top of the line hotel with most of the extras (late night snacks, excellent check-in (fast) procedure, newspaper, amenities, room size, breakfast, large meeting rooms). And -- reasonable price.

One minus -- a small minus -- the room is a bit cluttered with pillows, signs, and random junk that needs to get gathered and dumped in a corner on arrival.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Incredible hotel only a few blocks from the French Quarter - so its quiet, but not far from the excitement. My wife and I stayed her for a week during Mardi Gras and loved it. Perfect spot - 2 blocks from the parade route. And as for service - EVERYONE was friendly. Couldn't pass a staff member without being asked if I was having a good time or if I needed anything. Over the years, I've stayed in a number of hotels in New Orleans, both in and out of the Quarter, and by far this was my best experience balancing romantic with practical.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!