“Fab boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #10 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Austin
“Fab boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Quaint courtyard, good workout facility, breakfast in the morning and comfortable stylish rooms. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Easy to find and close to all the shopping and restaurants we wanted to visit. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel based on the previous reviews from this site and we were not disappointed. From the moment we pulled up to the time we left the customer service was superior. Our room was very nice and a good size. We really liked the ceiling fan over the bed. We stayed in 418 and the first night we had some paranormal activities with knocking on the walls and cell phone batteries not working and significantly lower in power. That same evening the elevator door opened without any buttons being pushed. We got the feeling it was a friendly presence. We really liked the nightly cookies and water as well as the PB&J. At night as well as during the mid day we would lay by the pool, very nice! A must for the New Orleans heat! Can't say enough great things about this place!!! Book it and you will not regret your stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Concord
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

After searching and searching for a place to stay close to the French Quarter (but not in the thick of it) we decided on Le Pavillion. We had never been to NOLA so we didn't know the lay of the land but found it to be close to a lot of great restaurants and easily walkable to the casino, the Big City bus tour stops and other attractions. We really enjoy walking and 10 blocks is not a big deal for us but this hotel is NOT walkable to the French Quarter (Bourbon, Frenchman etc.) especially after a hurricane or two.

The front of the hotel is very pretty and the inside decor is nicely done. As with all of NOLA it seems it needs a little TLC. We arrived early and our room was not ready yet so we were directed to the restaurant in the hotel. It was an odd time, 11:00am so they were taking down breakfast and starting the lunch set up. We both ordered soup and salad and a non alcoholic beverage. While the salad was one of the biggest I have ever seen the total bill was over $50. This was a bit much for soup and salad and we vowed to return only for the famous breakfast buffett.

We were soon directed to our room which was small and when I went into the bathroom realized that there was no bathtub. Not normally a problem as I rarely take a bath in a hotel, but in this case it was an issue as I had prebooked a service where they draw a bath and provide us with a dvd about the hotel being haunted. I called down to the front desk and they switched our room right away to one with a tub.

I use the term tub lightly as it was the smallest, shallowest tub I have ever seen. Not for soaking at all. We ended up cancelling the bath/dvd and got a massage instead.

I will say this, the staff really knows how to treat people. When we arrived, they sent up champagne and cheese/fruit to help us celebrate our anniversary. They sent the same thing again when the massage therapist was 2 hours late.

Overall, it was a nice hotel. For the same money I would rather have gone to the J.W.Marriott down the street. Bigger rooms, better (less expensive food) and cleaner.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite, the other rooms are very small.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pharr, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

stayed at le Pavillon for only one night. I booked this hotel threw Expedia after an awful experience at another New Orleans hotel! They honestly made up my whole trip with just one stay I got awesome recommendations from the front check in clerk on bourbon st hangouts and drinks and they even told me about a great late night eat restaurant to go to. The beds were very comfortable the bathroom was spacious VERY CLEAN. Loved the tradition of the PB&J at 10 o clock a very classic touch. I absolutely fell in love with this Hotel's charm and friendly staff!! Le Pavillon will definitely be my number one choice on my next trip to NOLA!!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Seen many of a hotel in my time and Le Pavillon is a classic. If I could use one adjective to describe my experience, SERVICE. This hotel proves that you don’t have to stay at a Four Seasons, St. Regis or Ritz Carlton to get exemplary service.

My fellow trip advisor travelers did not steer me wrong with their praise for the hotel. I won’t duplicate their kudos, but instead fill in the other many positives I experienced. For those price conscious and find a better deal online, they are glad and happy to match. No need to feel embarrassed to ask.

Before our arrival, I sent such an email to Beth the reservations manager and she gladly took care of us. She called me first before sending an email. That set the positive tone and I knew I selected the right place for our stay.

Being our first time in NOLA with our college aged sons, I wanted to make sure the distance to the French Quarter was convenient as well as the host of questions a first time visitor would want to ask prior to arrival. Gustave is the “Man.” Literally! He corresponded to my layman questions as if I was his only and best customer. That’s why he was employee of the year in 2013.

Because of him and will some help from his associate, Lou, I was able to select all the right tour operators, hotel transfers, dinner and entertainment (as well as research all the suggestions prior booking them) before my arrival. That took a huge burden off my back! Of course when I arrived there, plans were changing left and right. With Gustave there to lend his experienced hand, it was smooth sailing. More importantly, my sons went out late in the FQ and he told them the safe path back to the hotel each evening. For a parent, that meant a lot to me so I could sleep at night. That’s only one reason why you stay at Le Pavillon. Oh yeah, when I was leaving and saying our farewell, he tells me something no other concierge has ever said to me in my several decades of traveling around the world. “Mr. …. when you come back to New Orleans and even if you don’t stay here, you have a concierge here for life.”

The moment you arrive, Cedric (who runs the front of the hotel—taxi, traffic, bellman) greets you with his million dollar smile. At most hotels, its helter-skelter in the front, but Cedric runs it like a fine oiled machine. You never feel as he’s helping some “well heeled” guest over you. In fact, I didn’t even tip him the first day and his demeanor didn’t change towards me one iota. Of course, I took care of him as the trip progressed. We went to some obscure restaurants and places; he made sure every cab driver was coherent as to the destination where we were headed. I remember going to Emeril’s Delmonico and the cab driver was a bit sketchy on its location. He made absolutely sure it was safe before he’d allow us in that car.

When you check in at the front desk, Terraka, who never met me, called me by my name before I told her who I was. It was really strange. She was terrific in getting me lost keys, change to tip staff and just the usual good morning greetings. That’s the takeaway you get when you’re a guest—home.

The PBJ nights. It’s just as true as written by my fellow TA’s. They have a wide range of jelly’s as well as different styles of PB. They provide hot chocolate, milk, and chocolate milk.

As for the rooms, the beds were so comfortable along with a fine décor throughout the hotel. No cheap hygiene products here. The cleaning staff was so accommodating to our every changing daily schedules and unique needs. Each night someone comes by with free bottled water (when do you see free), cookies and slippers. What a class act.

I know management is proud to have such a great team.

I could go on and on about the hotel, but aside from the SERVICE, I could trust everyone’s suggestions. They don’t tell you their favorite place to get a commission, it’s from the heart as they truly want you to enjoy your stay as a client and come back to their beautiful city. They are there to bring pleasure to your visit and enhance it in any way possible. These folks have pride in their work and their city. It is reflected in the way they treated us and probably the way they live their lives. I was not a room number, a patron or reason to keep their job or to get a tip. I was part of the Le Pavillon family. They genuinely wanted us to have a memorable time in THEIR hometown. Thank you guys for being so hospitable. I’ll never forget you and I will only stay at your property when I come back to New Orleans!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was in New Orleans on Business and stayed at Le Pavillon. I absolutely loved the antique-feel of the atmosphere and the décor, and most importantly, the cleanliness. The entire staff from the doormen to the concierge to the cleaning staff were very friendly and courteous, and I cannot express this enough. I had foot surgery recently and had to wear a surgical boot during my stay. The doormen and bell hop went out of their way to assist me in every way. Even the bartender at the Crystal Room bar/lounge makes a mean dirty martini--just the way I like it. While the location is not smack-dab in the middle of Bourbon Street, it's about a 10-minute walk or a $5 cab ride. Close enough to the action, but far enough when you need some space. I would definitely recommend Le Pavillon to anyone staying in New Orleans!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend it for those traveling with children, only because of the atmosphere, and i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a girl's getaway at Le Pavillon 4th of July weekend. We got upgraded to the Presidential Suite and it was fabulous. 2 bedrooms/2bathrooms with a study (w/fireplace), dining room, living room, and a beautiful foyer w/marble floors and columns. Nice. If you aren't so lucky to get the upgrade...the hotel is still very nice. It has charming decor, a nice little rooftop pool area, workout room, and above average customer service. Everyone at the hotel was helpful and very friendly. The location is perfect, right between the Superdome and Bourbon Street (about a 5 block walk each). Wonderful trip. Thanks Le Pavillon. And thanks to the doorman for the Rum House restaurant recommendation on Magazine Street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!