“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #10 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Wellington
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. The chandeliers, the antiques, the art, its all amazing!!! We stayed here as a treat for our honeymoon and the staff put chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room which also came with a very comfy carved wooden bed and was a good size. The walls are a little thin so you can hear a bit of what's going on in the room next to you but I guess that's to be expected in an old building.

Try the restaurant, The Crystal Room for it's breakfast buffet. Excellent range including a custom made omelette station and the huge crystal chandelier is really something to see.

The roof top pool area is also great with views over the city and a beautiful spa pool area. This hotel is a wonderful piece of history and I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our home away from home on our latest trip to NOLA was the elegant Le Pavillon in the CBD (Central Business District if you have to ask). Stepping into this hotel was like taking a trip back in time. The hotel is grandly appointed, but best of all was the warm and friendly staff.

One of our favorites was the charming and delightful Pam tending to our every need in the elegant bar. She was so entertaining that we totally forgot to check the bar for bullet holes. Al Capone imbibed at this bar before it was relocated from Chicago.

Our room, number 220, was a special treat. In addition to being nicely decorated and comfortable, we also had a flatulent ghost. Every so often we would hear a short "whoosh" of air. For awhile my bride and I accused each other of passing gas. We finally decided it wasn't us, but we were never able to pin-point a source or a reason for this gassy sound.

Our cab driver, on the way back to the airport, pointed out that Le Pavillon is home to many spirits from the past. Of course, we had to get the one that crepitates...a lot.

We have slept around quite a bit in New Orleans on previous trips. Possibly I could have worded that a little better, but my point is that the Le Pavillon is our favorite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at La Pavillon Hotel while vacationing with family. The staff, from the doorman to the concierge and everyone else were absolutely great in offering their services and being helpful, The hotel is a historical landmark, and the charm is obvious. The nightly ritual offering of PB & J sandwiches, milk and hot cocoa between 10-11pm was lovely and well-appreciated. Even the bathroom supplies (soap, shampoo and lotion) were citrus-scented and one of the better ones I have ever used. The only criticism I would have is that the room we had was showing its age a bit, and the corners and the harder-to-clean areas were a bit dusty. The hotel is situated in the CBD (Central Business District), a few blocks west of Canal Street and the boisterous French Quarter, which makes for a quieter night of sleep and yet close enough to all the action and entertainment. I would definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous with an old, Victorian style. It is gorgeous inside and out and the rooms are spacious . The beds are soooo comfortable. We were able to walk to the French Quarter, Harrah's, WWII museum , and down to the ferry stop.
The staff was friendly and very accommodating .... I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Le Pavillon is one of the finest hotels we've ever stayed in bar none. It is the equivalent of any of Europe's fine hotels. The service is impeccable; the rooms are clean and comfortable, and, every evening at ten o'clock, the lobby fills up with people in their pajamas for peanut butter and jelly and hot chocolate, a hotel tradition. The price of admission is not cheap as you might expect of a hotel of this caliber. But it's worth it. You're walking distance to the French Quarter as well as the Superdome. We attended a family wedding at the hotel as well.

Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My mother, aunt, sister and I had a wonderful "girl's holiday" in New Orleans where we stayed at Le Pavillon. The customer service was outstanding starting with the friendly reservation staff. I mentioned it was mother's birthday and they were kind enough to have a birthday cake waiting in her room upon arrival. The hotel staff (specifically Antoine and Gustav and the young lady who made my reservation - I am sorry I cannot remember her name but she was great!) were exceptional! The hotel has the old world charm one would expect from a New Orleans hotel. The rooms were quite comfortable for two people. The hotel is in a very convenient location to many of the sites (walking distance to the French Quarter). As for the famous PB&J social; I am not a PB&J fan but my aunt and sister raved about it - I had the hot chocolate which was very good (fresh whipped cream)! This was my first visit to New Orleans and Le Pavillon made it memorable!

Hixson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Le Pavillon Hotel. The hotel staff was wonderful. The hotel is beautiful, we loved the complimentary PB&J. This hotel will pamper and indulge your every wish.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!