“Nice hotel. Restaurant very good food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Nice hotel. Restaurant very good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very good hotel. We stayed here in the beginning of December and were treated royally. An excellent value. Safe area, walk to the Quarter, Block from Charles St Trolley, do not forget to see the Garden District..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good but not great.

The building exterior and the entrance are really grand and beautiful.

The rooftop pool is nice. It's open late, so it's a great place to go at night for city views or to hang out. Lots of seating, lounge chairs, fake Greek statues, etc.

The lobby is really nice, fairly ornate, although the lighting is a little weird (very yellow) and it also feels a little empty/hollow (really high ceilings plus marble floors). The decor in the room is also nice. Sort of regal, a bit overdone. The corridors, carpets, and elevator were kind of worn, but there's lots of art hanging that makes up for it. The room was small, reminded me of hotels I've stayed at in New York City.

The age of the hotel shows, but it's not gross or run down, just sort of worn/aged and with character.

There is a nightly sandwich reception, which is fun.

However, we had two small issues. I had a bottle of very expensive perfume with me that was kept in the bathroom, in its box. Came back one night after the room had been cleaned and the perfume was left open and had been used. I should have kept it in the safe (I guess?) but it never even crossed my mind beforehand.

I was also charged for something from the minibar which we didn't eat or take. However, the woman at the front desk took care of it without any hassle at all when I checked out.

The valet is also quite expensive considering it is in an outdoor public lot across the street. We ended up parking at Harrah's since we hung out there and were able to get the parking comped.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roslyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We recently spent two nights at this hotel, which I selected because on their website they described their deluxe rooms as being 450 square feet. Not. After being appalled at the small size of the room they gave us, we complained and they claimed that all of the deluxe rooms were the same size, although they took us up to see another one which was the same size but we took it. Had I known the deluxe rooms was 300 square feet, I would have gone somewhere else. This hotel has one great feature--architecture. It looks like a museum from the outside. But it is tired, small bathrooms, peeling paint, drapes that don't close so light comes in when you are trying to sleep, and guests who you would not expect to see at the 4+ star hotel this claims to be. How this hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels Group is beyond me. The big selling point, aside from room size, is that they offer pb&j snacks late at night; if you are interested in that, what you'll get is like a summer camp line filled with kids in pj's grabbing at the food. This is not befitting what is supposed to be a luxury hotel. While the people who work there seem perfectly pleasant, unless you are into architecture, there is very little to recommend here, particularly in a city with so many hotels. We stayed the first three nights of our trip at the Windsor Court in a suite for $30 more a night than our cramped room at Le Pavillion, and the difference was like staying first at a Ritz Carlton and second at a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Unless you pay for a suite, which is triple the price of a room, there is nothing good I can recomme...
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Loved, loved, loved my stay at this hotel, more importantly, my mother absolutely adored it as well. The decor is wonderfully, tastefully over-the-top and I couldn't get enough of it, it's gorgeous. Keep in mind this hotel is over 100 years old--so if you are looking for a modern hotel this would probably be the opposite of that. The staff at the hotel were patient, courteous and always very happy to help us (the doormen in particular). The breakfast buffet in the Crystal Room was much more enjoyable than our breakfast at a nearby bistro, although I was surprised to see an additional charge for coffee.

Our room was spacious and the beds perfectly comfortable and it was cleaned satisfactorily. PB & J at night is real! Such a delightful little treat for the guests. French Quarter is easily within walking distance, otherwise a cab would probably cost $8 - $10 per ride (tip included). I love experiencing a new city via walking its streets (and not just the touristy areas), so I did not mind the distance from the French Quarter.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone interested in staying in an elegant hotel with easy access to the FQ.

Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for 6 days in October- a great time to visit with wonderful weather and a fun-filled atmosphere just prior to Hallowe'en so lots of superbly decorated homes, gardens and businesses.

Chose the hotel on the basis of photos, because there was a pool and as it stated that it was away from the noise and bustle of the French Quarter. Our room was small but pleasant with a very good bed and bedding (I'm a bit fussy about that). No view from the room although the rooftop pool had nice views over the city. Not sited in an especially nice area but seemed safe enough. The hotel is elegant, old-world charm, particularly the lobby though we hardly spent any time there. We did not eat in the restaurant so can't comment. There is a community cafe within 5 minutes with freshly-squeezed OJ, excellent home-baked muffins and superb tea and coffee and this suited us better than a hotel breakfast.

A central location is usually very important to us as we do not normally hire a car and like using local public transport which in New Orleans is easy and a joy to use. Streetcars and buses took us everywhere we wanted to visit and staff were helpful and courteous. City Park was a real find - lovely walks, gardens, Gallery of Modern Art (really good cafe/restaurant/shop there).

For me, the hotel's location was a bit too far away from the Quarter; the hotel says it is 4 blocks but that is only to the western edge and you really need to walk a farther 15-20 minutes so the whole walk into the Quarter, back for shower and change for dinner then back into the Quarter was a bit too much for me as my mobility is limited. It did not bother my husband though but on any future visit, I would choose a hotel closer to the Quarter, of which there are plenty and yet still far enough away from the noisy central streets. If you have a car of course, none of this will be a concern.

The real advantage of the hotel was its heated open-air pool. I was lucky to have it to myself each morning at 6am and watch the sun come up as I swam. It was also a relaxing treat to use the loungers at night, watch the stars in the evening warmth and chat to other guests. The hotel has a quirky evening ritual with hot chocolate and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches served in the lobby. No big deal to us but it seemed popular with other guests.

Loved New Orleans - friendly, relaxed, unique.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I am here now...as I sit writing this from room 619, which has an incredible bed with awesome pillows and duvet! Beds are extremely important to me as my sleep at night and during afternoons naps while on holiday are vital to me. The room is plenty big with a nice alcove with a desk for the computer.

The wifi is VERY good and it's FREE!

The lobby is so beautiful and it being the holidays they have several amazing christmas trees fully decorated. the dining room has a fireplace and is very classy. The breakfast buffet is great with anything you could want and at $20 per person it's not cheap but with crawfish omelets made to order in such a beautiful setting, who cares?

The staff is really nice and helpful and everyone has a smile and hello. Old world class with a doorman in a tux to greet you at the entrance and plenty of taxis ready and waiting.

It's a $33 cab fare from the airport and if you use a debit card to check in be prepared for your full stay plus $75 per day to be charged which I found surprising.

Bourbon street is only 4 blocks away and there are plenty of restaurants very nearby.

I would stay here again without question. The price was great and again, AMAZING bed!

Room Tip: the standard room was plenty big
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our son's wedding and reception were held at Le Pavillon. Words are not enough to describe the wonderful time that we had at Le Pavillon. The staff members were so wonderful and were always ready to assist with anything that we needed. The hotel was so grand and so beautifully decorated. Many of our friends and relatives stayed at the hotel and they all said that it was such a wonderful place for a wedding and reception. In fact, many said that it was the most beautiful wedding and reception that they had ever been to. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning a wedding in New Orleans. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!