“A Very Memorable Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #8 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
New York, NY
“A Very Memorable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Loved, loved, loved my stay at this hotel, more importantly, my mother absolutely adored it as well. The decor is wonderfully, tastefully over-the-top and I couldn't get enough of it, it's gorgeous. Keep in mind this hotel is over 100 years old--so if you are looking for a modern hotel this would probably be the opposite of that. The staff at the hotel were patient, courteous and always very happy to help us (the doormen in particular). The breakfast buffet in the Crystal Room was much more enjoyable than our breakfast at a nearby bistro, although I was surprised to see an additional charge for coffee.

Our room was spacious and the beds perfectly comfortable and it was cleaned satisfactorily. PB & J at night is real! Such a delightful little treat for the guests. French Quarter is easily within walking distance, otherwise a cab would probably cost $8 - $10 per ride (tip included). I love experiencing a new city via walking its streets (and not just the touristy areas), so I did not mind the distance from the French Quarter.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone interested in staying in an elegant hotel with easy access to the FQ.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1,582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for 6 days in October- a great time to visit with wonderful weather and a fun-filled atmosphere just prior to Hallowe'en so lots of superbly decorated homes, gardens and businesses.

Chose the hotel on the basis of photos, because there was a pool and as it stated that it was away from the noise and bustle of the French Quarter. Our room was small but pleasant with a very good bed and bedding (I'm a bit fussy about that). No view from the room although the rooftop pool had nice views over the city. Not sited in an especially nice area but seemed safe enough. The hotel is elegant, old-world charm, particularly the lobby though we hardly spent any time there. We did not eat in the restaurant so can't comment. There is a community cafe within 5 minutes with freshly-squeezed OJ, excellent home-baked muffins and superb tea and coffee and this suited us better than a hotel breakfast.

A central location is usually very important to us as we do not normally hire a car and like using local public transport which in New Orleans is easy and a joy to use. Streetcars and buses took us everywhere we wanted to visit and staff were helpful and courteous. City Park was a real find - lovely walks, gardens, Gallery of Modern Art (really good cafe/restaurant/shop there).

For me, the hotel's location was a bit too far away from the Quarter; the hotel says it is 4 blocks but that is only to the western edge and you really need to walk a farther 15-20 minutes so the whole walk into the Quarter, back for shower and change for dinner then back into the Quarter was a bit too much for me as my mobility is limited. It did not bother my husband though but on any future visit, I would choose a hotel closer to the Quarter, of which there are plenty and yet still far enough away from the noisy central streets. If you have a car of course, none of this will be a concern.

The real advantage of the hotel was its heated open-air pool. I was lucky to have it to myself each morning at 6am and watch the sun come up as I swam. It was also a relaxing treat to use the loungers at night, watch the stars in the evening warmth and chat to other guests. The hotel has a quirky evening ritual with hot chocolate and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches served in the lobby. No big deal to us but it seemed popular with other guests.

Loved New Orleans - friendly, relaxed, unique.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I am here now...as I sit writing this from room 619, which has an incredible bed with awesome pillows and duvet! Beds are extremely important to me as my sleep at night and during afternoons naps while on holiday are vital to me. The room is plenty big with a nice alcove with a desk for the computer.

The wifi is VERY good and it's FREE!

The lobby is so beautiful and it being the holidays they have several amazing christmas trees fully decorated. the dining room has a fireplace and is very classy. The breakfast buffet is great with anything you could want and at $20 per person it's not cheap but with crawfish omelets made to order in such a beautiful setting, who cares?

The staff is really nice and helpful and everyone has a smile and hello. Old world class with a doorman in a tux to greet you at the entrance and plenty of taxis ready and waiting.

It's a $33 cab fare from the airport and if you use a debit card to check in be prepared for your full stay plus $75 per day to be charged which I found surprising.

Bourbon street is only 4 blocks away and there are plenty of restaurants very nearby.

I would stay here again without question. The price was great and again, AMAZING bed!

Room Tip: the standard room was plenty big
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our son's wedding and reception were held at Le Pavillon. Words are not enough to describe the wonderful time that we had at Le Pavillon. The staff members were so wonderful and were always ready to assist with anything that we needed. The hotel was so grand and so beautifully decorated. Many of our friends and relatives stayed at the hotel and they all said that it was such a wonderful place for a wedding and reception. In fact, many said that it was the most beautiful wedding and reception that they had ever been to. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning a wedding in New Orleans. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this charming and beautifully decorated hotel in the business district. Although we never made it, each night pb&j's are served between 10 & 11 p.m. along with hot chocolate or cold milk. A quaint late night treat...but we were too full from the fabulous dining in NOLA!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at Le Pavillon as part of a joint bachelor party, so as a group of a dozen, we were not only put up with, but treated well. Of course the evening PB&J sounded appealing immediately, but the service was great in all aspects of our stay. Concierge was helpful and informative, and the rooms were well-kept and clean throughout the entire stay. I'm sure we made more than enough noise on a couple occasions, but any issues were handled quietly and politely. We didn't take advantage of the buffet, but the bar was a nice place to convene before heading out.

Which brings me to the real reason for a great review of Le Pavillon: location. Since it was just outside the true boundaries of the French Quarter, noise, security and crowds were never an issue. Bourbon Street was just a bit of a walk, and the location made for a short cab ride on the nights we went to Marigny. Additionally, you're pretty much in the middle of the French Quarter, Warehouse District, and Riverfront (casino). It was a short walk to everything we wanted to do in New Orleans. I'd easily give this hotel 5 stars, but we got it at a pretty good discount using a deal site, so I can't say how 'worth the money' it is compared to normal rates. For the location and service, I'd definitely recommend staying here, regardless.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

great location but no parking , u need give u car key to guys parking for u. nice room with 55 ish in TV Samsum. 2 stylish queen beds and table night. like the french style curtains.

easy to log in internet, breakfast buffet, u need to pay for it. 4 mins to WWII museam.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!