“WOW!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Mobile
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very old hotel with lots of old world flair and class. Be sure to check out the bar area. Valet parking for all, but at a cost - $35 per day, even for guests! That's a bit extreme, considering the cost of rooms here. But the staff was great and the furnishings and decor are amazing. I will consider staying here again when I am in the New Orleans area.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

1,484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Genelle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a group of eight adults in 4 different King rooms. The hotel is a century old and is full of character and beautiful accents.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very comfortable in our rooms as well as the rest of the hotel. The dining room was gorgeous and offered not only wonderful meals but great service.
We also enjoyed the peanut butter and jam/jelly/marmelade sandwiches offered between 10-11pm and oh, the hot chocolate was delicious!

Room Tip: two of the four rooms had a mini fridge (empty) as well as a coffee maker. All rooms had the mini b...
Rochester, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I used Tripadvisor reviews to find this hotel on a busy weekend in November. Rates weren't cheap, but comparable to other chains in the area. I had read reviews that included pros and cons so did come in with some reasonable expectations. It's true that the hotel is not brand new- it's old and quaint with character and amenities. I found the Peanut Butter & Jelly tradition and the turndown with bottled water and cookies very refreshing. Every detail was considered and staff go out of their way to make you feel pampered. Rooftop pool and hot tub and gym weren't huge, but a nice bonus that we did take advantage of. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends who are looking for charm and warmth.
We opted not to rent a car and I'm glad we didn't. Although this isn't located in the French Quarter, it is very walkable. We didn't even bother renting a cab other than to get to the airport.
We ate brunch at the hotel one morning for $19.99pp. They have a variety of choices and it was convenient with quality service. I have had better brunches however at other resorts.
Possible cons - hotel is traditional, not contemporary if that's your thing. Walls are thin and plumbing is old. Expect this and you'll be fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
reisenelisa1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had five great days and nights in New Orleans, spending our honeymoon in this great city. Staying at Le Pavillon, based on a friend's recommendation, was the best decision we could have made. We extended our stay at the hotel by another three nights now that we had originally left unbooked in case we wanted to travel around a little. But it's so nice here at the hotel, and there is so much to do in NOLA, we decided to stay right here at Le Pavillon. All the staff (reception, concierge, room managers, dining room staff and dining room manager) were --without exception-- very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and bathrooms spotless. We could not imagine having had a better time anywhere else. We like that the hotel is not in earshot of the French Quarter ruckus, but that it's in easy walking distance to it. The bus lines are close by as is the River with all of its attractions. Le Pavillon is excellent and we recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: First we had a room on the 4th floor with two queen beds, which was fine. When we booked the three e...
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I highly recommend this charming hotel in a wonderful location as it is not far to walk to the French Quarter during the day only, and an easy car drive to the Garden District. The staff were awesome and the rooftop provided an incredible view. Would have liked to have enjoyed the hottub and a glass of wine, but neglected to pack a swimsuit. This is my second time in several months to NOLA (won't be my last) and I will definitely return to this hotel. My only quirk was that the bed was a bit lumpy and I recommended the heavenly beds be considered that the Westins use..

Room Tip: I preferred the 9th floor as it was quick access only one flight up to the rooftop. there are wonde...
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was beautiful!! Perfect French quarter location. Wonderful service. All the little "extras" and attention to detail made it worth every last penny. Problem that arose concerning very loud, rude guests was promptly addressed and resolved. I cannot wait to stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had a nice surprise recently when staying in New Orleans. I was on a business trip and scored a great rate with my Hotels.com app at the Le Pavilion. At first impression i was a little concerned. Looked dated and tired initially upon entering the lobby. But as I was warmly greeted at the check-in desk, peeked into the restaurant to see it full of happy diners and the smells of delicious regional cuisine being served, I started to warm up to the place.

The room was quite nice. A large room with a high ceiling, walk-in closet, small but deluxe black granite bathroom with expensive china lav, and all the cool amenities and soft fluffy white towels, ceiling fan, oil paintings, desk and sitting area, with a well stocked mini-bar. The bed was comfortable and I slept very soundly - hotel was quiet and had effective black out drapes.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. I neglected to put my in-room breakfast door tag out the night before, but in the morning decided to get some work done in the room, so I called room service 20 minutes before they even opened (6:10) to see if I could order in some granola and yogurt fruit and coffee. The person who answered the call not only was polite and took my order with an apology for being closed, but they'd get it to me as soon as they could. Wow. Not only did they give me a heads up call when the food was on its way up, but it was in my room all set up on the nice sized table near the window by 6:30. I was very impressed. The granola was house made and very good, and the coffee was hot and delicious. Perfect!

The new hotel shine may be long gone from this historical hotel, but all in all it was an incredibly enjoyable experience. All of the staff was friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out, and I would certainly book again.Don't miss the home-made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches served from 10 to 11 pm every night in the lobby. Great time to mingle.

Room Tip: I liked me room. As you enter the hotel, it was on the left side, along a quite side street with a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!