“Stay at Le Pavillon.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Houston, TX
“Stay at Le Pavillon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I highly recommend this charming hotel in a wonderful location as it is not far to walk to the French Quarter during the day only, and an easy car drive to the Garden District. The staff were awesome and the rooftop provided an incredible view. Would have liked to have enjoyed the hottub and a glass of wine, but neglected to pack a swimsuit. This is my second time in several months to NOLA (won't be my last) and I will definitely return to this hotel. My only quirk was that the bed was a bit lumpy and I recommended the heavenly beds be considered that the Westins use..

Room Tip: I preferred the 9th floor as it was quick access only one flight up to the rooftop. there are wonde...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was beautiful!! Perfect French quarter location. Wonderful service. All the little "extras" and attention to detail made it worth every last penny. Problem that arose concerning very loud, rude guests was promptly addressed and resolved. I cannot wait to stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had a nice surprise recently when staying in New Orleans. I was on a business trip and scored a great rate with my Hotels.com app at the Le Pavilion. At first impression i was a little concerned. Looked dated and tired initially upon entering the lobby. But as I was warmly greeted at the check-in desk, peeked into the restaurant to see it full of happy diners and the smells of delicious regional cuisine being served, I started to warm up to the place.

The room was quite nice. A large room with a high ceiling, walk-in closet, small but deluxe black granite bathroom with expensive china lav, and all the cool amenities and soft fluffy white towels, ceiling fan, oil paintings, desk and sitting area, with a well stocked mini-bar. The bed was comfortable and I slept very soundly - hotel was quiet and had effective black out drapes.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. I neglected to put my in-room breakfast door tag out the night before, but in the morning decided to get some work done in the room, so I called room service 20 minutes before they even opened (6:10) to see if I could order in some granola and yogurt fruit and coffee. The person who answered the call not only was polite and took my order with an apology for being closed, but they'd get it to me as soon as they could. Wow. Not only did they give me a heads up call when the food was on its way up, but it was in my room all set up on the nice sized table near the window by 6:30. I was very impressed. The granola was house made and very good, and the coffee was hot and delicious. Perfect!

The new hotel shine may be long gone from this historical hotel, but all in all it was an incredibly enjoyable experience. All of the staff was friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out, and I would certainly book again.Don't miss the home-made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches served from 10 to 11 pm every night in the lobby. Great time to mingle.

Room Tip: I liked me room. As you enter the hotel, it was on the left side, along a quite side street with a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Belton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed two nights for our anniversary. We got a fanatastic rate. When we arrived at the hotel, our bag was taken as we checked into our room. Room was absolutely fabulous. It looked "historic". We needed to find a place to eat and Cedric pointed us to the Corner Cafe two blocks away. Great food and great prices. We also ate one night in the hotel bar and one night in the restaraunt. Both were stellar. There are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every night at 10 with hot coaco and whipped cream. Also ice cold mik, It was very comforting. The turn down service left us two peanut buttler and jelly cookies and the recipe. The hotel also sent complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in order to help us celebrate. It was a great trip!

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the sixth floor, not much noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lovely hotel with reasonable size of room and comfy bed. The staff was very helpful since i stepped in the hotel steps until i was already hundreds of miles away. I left my blackberry in the room, and the hotel staff assisted me to get it back. Good location, nice room and service ... what more could i ask more?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay. The staff was excellent, from the bell man to the reservation staff. Although the hotel is historic and beautiful, it is also clean and modern. The beds were so comfy! The price was so reasonable.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was peacefull!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Seriously, stay here!
Dripping in faded grandeur, this place is just so decedent , flappy, New Orleans. From the grisely portraits of children on the hotels corridors, to the 'well lived-in-ness' of the rooms, this hotel is nonetheless soaked in history, and regardless of your belief in the supernatural, just so worth a stay at! My hubby and I stayed for four nights, midweek in late Sept, and it was a very reasonable 70 euro ish per night....
Can't recommend this place enough, and haven't even mentioned the free peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with hot choc at 10pm each nite (free in lobby!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!