“Perfect French Quarter base” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Pavillon Hotel to your Saves list
Le Pavillon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #10 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Dunedin, Florida
“Perfect French Quarter base”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This historic hotel is the best. Chandelers to knock your socks off. Dining room fit for a King or Princess. It is such a pleasure to enjoy a place with so much history....the city and especially this hotel. The rooftop pool was an extra surpise. A very good place to get away from the crowds and relax. Every evening at 10 pm they serve hot chocolate and peanut butter jell sandwiches....if you can't get enough food in New Orleans. The staff was very friendly and it was a treat. I left my computer in the room (I know how could I do that?) and they had it for me when I called. I was thrilled and very greatful. Some employees are getting up there in age at this family owned business and how special to see them treated as family. This is how America used to be. Just lovely. I hope I can stay here again.

1,591 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I spent 2 nights in Le Pavillion.

Pros:
1) Friendly and helpful staff. I ended up asking for a few things during my stay there, and for the most part they came through.
2) Beds were comfortable

Cons:
1) Asked for a wake up call - not done.
2) Breakfast was not great. They have a fairly expensive breakfast buffet that is mediocre, and they also charge you extra for drinks including coffee.
3) Rooms are small, old and mine had an unpleasant odour to it.
4) I found 2 plug points in the whole room. I lived in darkness as I had to unplug their lamps to plug in my phone charger and laptop charger. In this day and age, not really acceptable for a hotel in this price range.
5) Bathroom was small, old and had plaster flaking all over the place.

All in all, it wasn't a bad stay. However, at $180-$350 dollars per night, it just didn't make the mark. I have had equivalent if not better stays in budget and mid range hotels for a fraction of the cost. I would probably give it 2.5 stars if I could rather than 2.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I took ladies to New Orleans for a short visit, the week after Christmas. What a great time to see the city! We stayed at the Le Pavillon Hotel. Our accomodations were updated to a suite, and I can't say enough about the beautiful hotel or staff. They know what they are doing. It's french themed, and done tastefully. Peanut Butter Sandwiches and hot chocolate was enjoyed even though we weren't even all that hungry. I highly reccomend New Orleans and Le Pavillon for your next stay. The holidays were extra special.

Room Tip: This hotel is on the opposite side of Canal street from the French Quarter area. So if you walk it...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Bentonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed there for the first time this past weekend. I always stay in the Quarter but could not find a room. Our stay was fabulous. The staff is the best and our room was quiet and beautifully appointed. We had a jacuzzi tub in our room!! We ordered room service breakfast and it was great. We'll go back!

Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Location is awesome if you don't want to be near all the noise and drunkies around the French Quarter. The St Charles Streetcar drops off right down the street and it is only about a 15 minute walk to Bourbon Street.

We snagged the hotel on a "Sniqueaway" deal so we saved a little bit overall. The rooftop pool is awesome and the whole area is very clean. The hot tub jets are nothing to write home about, they are VERY weak.

There is also a nightly tradition of Peanut Butter and Jelly served between 10-11pm. It's a nice touch after an evening out. We did not feel like spending $20 pp on the breakfast buffet, so we saved a few PB&J sandwiches in our fridge for breakfast the following morning.

All the staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. We did not eat at the hotel as the prices were a little out there. You are better off taking the walk into the quarter or down Magazine / Decature street to find a nice restaurant.

All in all a great stay!

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

While we certainly enjoyed everything the French Quarter, and the rest of New Orleans, had to offer, the elegant Le Pavillon was a welcome oasis at the end of the day.

• Stayed April 2012
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed at Le Pavillon over Easter weekend and really enjoyed it. The location is great - you can walk into the quarter easily but not have to put up with the noise or ruckus of the quarter in the middle of the night- and the lobby is really gorgeous. The most memorable part of the trip was the hotel's easter celebration- very nice touch!
I will say that the rooms could use some updating, but that shouldn't put anyone off because they're clean and functional.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Le Pavillon Hotel? Share your experiences!