“Fun & Sophisticated Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of International House Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added International House Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
International House Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #51 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun & Sophisticated Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was impressed from the moment I walked through the front doors. This boutique hotel offered unique design elements. I loved the chandeliers and the fabulous art work throughout the lobby area. The bar scene was awesome. Lots of locals just hanging out. Fun atmosphere. The rooms were spacious and very sophisticated. Beds were amazingly comfortable. I could have lounged in the bed all day if I didn't have work to do. Great location. Not in the the French Quarters but within walking distance. I can't wait to return to the International House Hotel. Thanks Jessica...........................

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

755 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a positive review, and I'm not asking for or accepting the "appreciation" offered by the hotel for a positive review. In fact, the offer of a "free second night" in exchange for a positive review is, for me, a total turn-off. It makes me question the positive reviews I read on Trip Advisor as I wonder how many other properties are offering such "appreciation."

That said, my stay at the International House was just fine. Yes, there's no coffee maker in the room, the rooms are small and sparsely furnished, the front desk staff can be a tad wrist-flipping haughty--but this is an independent boutique hotel and I think it should be evaluated as such. It's convenient, clean, and reasonably priced for a place so close to the French Quarter. It's unique, perhaps a little quirky, and some will find the lobby decor overwrought. But others will think this of this as a quiet, candle-lit oasis in the desert of chain hotels' faux elegance. If you're clear about what's offered here and what's not, you'll be happy with your choice. Were it not for the "offer of appreciation" policy, I'd rate it a perfect 5.

Room Tip: Know that some rooms have no windows, others face a rather noisy street, and most are smallish, so a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

There's nothing more to say about this hotel other than it is fantastic. The rooms are great, staff is great, location is fabulous. It has a charm about it that makes it perfect for a couple's getaway.
Once you stay at this charming boutique hotel, you will definitely want to return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a conference in New Orleans this weekend and stayed at the International House just two blocks outside of the Quarter. It continues to be one of our favorite small hotels with reasonable rates, an excellent staff who are careful to keep things "understated" yet charming and attentive, Aveeda products to allow one to indulge at bathtime, a lobby bar that remains enticing, friendly and great for "people watching" after a busy day about town, and that same welcoming feel and attention to cleanliness that we have come to expect and much appreciate. If you are looking for a well-located small hotel with charm and unobtrustive service you will find the International House to be the right choice in New Orleans - a welcome refuge from the surrounding hussle and bussle...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great Hotel to stay at! Friendly and a very helpful staff. Nice rooms with comfortable beds. Location also a plus and walking distance to many attractions. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just returned from my first trip to NOLA. My friend and I try to stay in two different locations/hotels when we travel to get a feel for different areas. The lobby is beautiful, and the front desk very helpful and friendly. When we settled in our room, i noticed that the hallway carpet was soaked. Called the front desk and they were very accommodating to move us to a new room. They said that maybe it was just steam cleaned? We decided to stay. Then we noticed that there was a leak in the wall in the bathroom that maybe was causing the water. They didn't send anyone to investigate until the next morning. Felt that I had to mention it a few times to the staff and not sure if it was ever investigated while we were there? Other than that, the room was clean but looked tired. Not a lot of furniture. Housekeeping did not clean or even enter the room in on the second day so we had to reuse all of the towels. The Aveda products are nice but extremely tiny. I have never seen such a small bar of soap. Not sure if I would stay again? Wasn't awful but a I have been in better places.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
AmyReimer, General Manager at International House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our service and Aveda products. We are sorry that we had to move you to another room during your stay. We did have an issue with the room above yours and their overflowing tub and just hate that it affected your visit. We do hope that you will visit us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This is now our second stay at this hotel and I believe each year that we visit this will be our hotel of choice. Everyone from the doorman to the receptionist at the desk was friendly and helpful. It says alot about the hotel that you still see the same faces from the previous year that still work there.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to International House Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!