“Love at first sight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of International House Boutique Hotel

You added International House Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
International House Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #65 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
chicago
“Love at first sight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

With so many options in New Orleans, I was looking for a hip and cool place to stay. The International House met my expectations and I loved the stylings of everything from the Lobby to the sleek rooms. Equipped with amenities like aveda bath products and apple tv, I couldn't heip but feel content as it felt just like I was in a boutique in Chicago or New York but with a more reasonable price. The location was wonderful and because I was traveling alone I felt extremely safe walking to and from the French Quarter at all times (took a cab if I was staying out really late). I'm already looking forward to visiting in May and while I was thinking of trying something new, but I may just have to stay here again.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room with a window
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank azcelllo

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Nice rooms. The bar in the lobby was incredible! Short walk to the FQ. Coffee shop attached to hotel.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My first stay here was a delight. The clean design, light colors and great location was just what I needed. A break from the dark carpets and walls of many hotels was blissful for a business traveller.

Room Tip: Any place in New Orleans, try to get above the fourth floor if you want to get some sleep.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Not friendly.
No umbrellas (or appologies) on a week of torentially pouring rain.
They were not proficient or comfortable giving directions, shopping suggestions, or even having an all inclusive map of NO. Very strange.
The concierges were very sweet, one offered me her personal umbrella, but the manager was down right chilly, and again, had 1001 "good reasons" for not having any umbrellas for guests, not even for the doorman, who was only present on the day we left.
So, to be clear, in the pouring March rain, we had to run 3 blocks to the Marriott to buy 5 dollar ponchos! Thank god they were selling them. And they were so friendly! By the time we got the ponchos we were totally soaked, and my brewing head cold turned into the flu as I froze my butt off until I got back into bed, where I ended up spending the rest of my trip after making our soaking wet meetings.
The room was nicely decorated, but windows looked into an airshaft, the bathroom had a cracked toilet cover, horrible water pressure, broken hair dryer, teeny tiny sink, dings and dents in the doors and walls, and the lighting of the Bates Motel. Awful!
This and the $16.00 they charged me for a large pot of hot water for tea closed the deal--never again!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Lisa K
AmyReimer, General Manager at International House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments. You are 100% right! We did not have our normal stock of umbrellas as they seemed to disappear during the week of rain that we had. We will be ready for the next storm and offer our most sincere apology to you for this inconvenience.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise was to depart. I was immediately impressed by the style of the hotel's entrance - very classy! The room was very clean and comfortable, bathroom seemed recently updated Location is great - in a safe district, but within walking distance to the French Quarter and the River Walk. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well. Just drop your bags off in your room and take off for food and shopping!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The IHH is located right in the heart of the CBD. It's got the sort of character-plus-comfort I want when visiting NOLA, and the combination of quiet, comfortable rooms with good wifi, a cool lobby bar, helpful staff, and walking distance to more or less everything downtown, makes it a lock for my next trip. They let us check in a couple hours early, too, and were good about getting us taxis. Only gripe is that the standard king rooms are a bit small for when my colleagues and I wanted to meet up.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I love staying here. It's so convenient to the qtr and allows you to get away from it. I will be staying again, and probably again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo