“Location is convenient” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Delden, The Netherlands
“Location is convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

It’s hard to find a room on a friday afternoon near the French Quarter... So we took the one room that was available. Good location, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. Street side, small and basic room was a bit noisy and breakfast needs an egg. But then, you can have breakfast in the quarter and spend your time there in stead of the hotel. Car park is expensive.

Room Tip: Street side rooms are quite noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. People right above us would not stop making noise. It was terrible. Complained to front desk and basically nothing was done. that same night about eight gathered in the pool area (very small) and were talking really loud. Found out a lots of people are displaced from Katrina. We paid a total of $243.65. Believe me and take my word.....STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed October 2012
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am very sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel. I happen to remember you being here. Yes you are correct that we offered temporary housing to families who lost everything they owned in Hurricane Isaac (not Katrina). I remember you were upset that there was a noise problem during the day. I believe we allowed you to check in at 8:00am with no early check in fee. Once you complained we contacted guest and asked them to be quiet so you could sleep during the day. Then when you complained about noise at night, we asked guests enjoying our poolside courtyard, to go to their rooms and by 11:00 the courtyard was emptied. In addition to our daily efforts, we have signs posted asking people to be quiet during the hours of 11pm to 7am throughtout our property. Nevertheless,it is a very hard task to keep people quiet in our fun city. I regret you had a bad experience, but we tried our best to accomodate you. Patrick Berthelot, General Manager
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'm originally from michigan but have lived in Lafayette La for about five years. Lafayette is about two hours from new orleans.. great city by the way..Look it up if you are traveling.
We regularly take trips into new orleans for concerts and my boyfriend for batcherlor parties..this year anyway.. we have been looking for that go to motel..

First I would like to respond to the reviews complaining about how expensive parking is.... HELLO!! its new orleans.. If you are ever planing a trip to the french quarter wether you stay in a hotel there or not you will be paying 25.00 or more even for 4 hours... A hotel that is willing to let you keep your car there and walk is accually saving you money..there is no free parking in the french quarter.. best thing to do is ride bikes..

Second.. if you want the latest in all hotel amenities.. curved shower bars.. 500 count sheets.. stick with a brand name hotel.. but if you want to stay in a historical building expect historical qualities such as spueeky pluming.. its part of the charm..

Third.. I havn't stayed at this hotel yet. But I called and made reservations tonight.. I had called several different hotels and this was impressed by the front desk girl..She was friendly and prfessional and sold me the room.. the rest just andswered my questions and didn't even try to keep my reservation. Now I am excited to try this hotel.

Room Tip: don't get mad if you have to pay for parking.. you will all over the french wuarter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Niceville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

4 of us ladies went to New Orleans for the weekend, we booked this hotel on-line through the French Quarter Motel Suites. I will start with good points. The Hotel is easy to find, great location to quarter, taxis readily available down N. Rampart, quick walk to Louis Armstrong Park and the St. Louis Cemetary #1. The hotel itself is very nostalgic and vintage. It has two pools, and secure parking. The rooms make you feel like you've stepped back in town living in a southern style mansion for a night or two. The staff was VERY friendly and informative. Now, the negative, the room is overpriced for the quality and not mention the parking is SEVERLY overpriced. I think for the price we paid for the room, parking should have been included for at least one vehicle, we had two and paid $55.00 for each car for two nights, adding another $110 to our lodging. The continental breafast was very poor and sad, the coffee was horrible ! Our room was on the ground level and street side, it was very noisey all night both nights with traffic. If i were to stay there I would request a room away from the street side. Our linens had mildew on them. (where they had stayed in washer too long). We didnt have enough towels, there isn't much bathroom (counter) space. We never even turned on the TV. The shower water, would go from hot to cold the entire time you were showering. Great Water Pressure though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We are literally driving as i type this to head home to Alabama. We usually stay at the Chateau Bourbon (gorgeous!) But planned a New Orleans trip on a whim and decided to be a bit more budget concious this time. Read some reviews and was little nervous about what we would get. We absolutely loved this sweet little hotel! We were in rooms 207 and 208 that overlooked the pool. We opened our doors and were a little surprised at how small the rools were but quickly realized that they would end up being exactly and all we needed. Definitely ask for extra pillows, though. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Part of the charm came from sitting on the terrace and meeting your neighbors. The shower water will literally scald and give you burn blisters if you dont adjust the temp before you hop in. The pool was a nice view but it is my only complaint is the nasty film on the top of the water. There was no way we were getting in that! You really need to visit the neighborhood bar called Cosimos. The had amazing salsa with fabulous phylo like chips! There was a dog in there that would jump up on a barstool and sit at the bar like she was going to order a beer. Loved it! Our walk to the french quarter area tooks us about 5 minutes to walk. We felt completely safe walking at night.

I have never written a review before but i felt like i owed it this little gem.

• Stayed September 2012
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Located outside of French Quarter which is rather good because less noisy than some other hotels. Rooms are fine with small so-calles kitchen. Unless there is no view from the window but it's not neccessary, you don't come to New Orleans to stay at the hotel room ;) The staff depending on a person, some of them are kind and friendly but there was one guy who wasn't interested in helping us with the right route to the restaurant we chose because he was doing something else and we felt like we're interrupting him.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I really enjoyed the customer service given to me at this establishment. The hotel is older with a lovely courtyard and swimming pool. I had a queen room which is small with adequate amenities. My biggest complaint is the walls are very thin so you can hear conversations from the adjacent room or from pool side. I stayed on the list floor across from the pool. My second gripe is location..THIS IS MY FAULT for booking my room so late during the time of the Essence Festival. I don't think the location is ideal for a solo woman since it is at least 6 to 7 blocks from the French Quarter (particularly walking at night).

A continental breakfast is offered from 6:30am to 10:30am. You have a selection of pastries, waffles, fruit, cheese, coffee, and OJ. The breakfast is nothing fancy but adequate to start your morning if you choose.

My room was attended to daily. This is not a fancy hotel so just keep that in mind, but it is not a dump or bad place to stay. At best it is an economy hotel that will offer you a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to New Orleans Courtyard Hotel? Share your experiences!