We traveled down for Mardi Gra.. We weren't looking to spend a lot of money because we didn't think we would really be in the hotel room. BIG MISTAKE. Upon arrival, our reservation was incorrect, as we were supposed to check out Monday, when actually it was supposed to be Tuesday. They fixed it, so whatever. This hotel is TRASH and the area around it is NOT OK!! We are young (21-24) and seriously we were probably the only people in the hotel that wasn't high, dealing drugs, or prostitutes. The hotel parking lot was filled with Mercedes', BMW's, and Cadillacs. I'm sure you can figure out what that means. We got off the elevator which barely made it without jumping every 5 seconds,and arrived on our floor. The carpet was completely ripped out in the hallway, and hallway smelled like straight up weed. Got to the room, noticed the microwave was not cleaned, there was a towel left on top of the shower rod, and the patio door was bolted so it could not slide, however it was NOT CLOSED ALL THE WAY, and there was no way to move it..
Every place was booked solid, there was no way to move hotels without getting a room at the Ritz Carlton for $700 a night. We went to the desk that evening to see if there was a different room available, after we were woke up by screaming and fighting coming from a room around us. The night clerk (who was sitting there with his eyes closed until we had to wake him) told us they were booked solid and there was no room to be moved to.
On the eve of check out day I went to the desk to complain. I had to wait in line behind three others that were also complaining. One lady said she had moved rooms three times since she has checked in, keys not working, and another checked in to a room with a half eaten muffin on the floor. I demanded 25% off the room which the "manager" said was fine after arguing with me, and it would be taken care of upon check out. I had showed him pictures that I had taken and he pretty much stood there putting in no input. We checked out around 4am, went to the desk, and the night clerk said we were "all set." We asked where our 25% reimbursement was, and he said he can not give it to us. When asked why, he said we have to talk to the manager, who comes in at 7am. We had to be at the airport at 6 so that wasn't an option. He basically said he can't do anything, and we would have to call later in the day. At this point, I don't feel like dealing with them anymore.
In a nut shell, DO NOT STAY HERE. If you are young and just looking for a cheap place to stay at PLEASE SPEND THE LITTLE BIT MORE and get somewhere else. We did not feel safe at this hotel, and law enforcement needs to keep an eye on what is happening over there. Of anything, the man and woman who I think were the managers were friendly during our stay, they checked us in, and answered some questions (like why the internet wasn't working, why there was no carpet, etc..) in a courteous way. You can tell it must be a family that runs this, and they all take part in it. This hotel needs to raise it's prices a little higher to keep the scum out, and do some serious renovating.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel
- Americas Best Value Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Motel is conveniently located 7 miles from the Superdome, and 8 miles from the French Quarter and Mardi Gras (Downtown).We are a newly renovated seven-story hotel, offering an outdoor pool, meeting facility, and daily complimentary continental breakfast. Our 143 clean and comfortable guest rooms feature high-speed Internet access, We also have special pet friendly guest rooms and handicap accessible guest rooms. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to better serve your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Budget Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.