“Do not stay here! I'm still itching from the dozen bed bug bites!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knight Inn New Orleans

You added Knight Inn New Orleans to your Saves list
Knight Inn New Orleans
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5801 Read Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70127 (Formerly Budget Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #147 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Do not stay here! I'm still itching from the dozen bed bug bites!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Woke up to a dozen bites! Clearly caused by bed bugs and not just leaving the patio open. We took a pic and googled searched and it was an adult bed bug! They offered no apologies cause I'm sure they already knew it was a problem!!!!! I'm still itching! Do not stay here!!!!!!!! Sleep in your rental!!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I should have known this place was horrible soon as I realizes they charged my bank card 2X for 1 night and didn't want to give me a refund. But that was my least worries. Me and my family had to check out because our room was infested with bed bugs! They were crawling all over the bed & headboard like roaches. Every time we would kill one they wud be full of blood :( this was very scary and disturbing. My friend got bitten by the bed bugs at least 5 times! We have pictures of the bed bug bites and the bed bugs on the bed. If anyone have any questions Email me @ Johnettecoleman@yahoo.com Please Do Not Stay at Knights Inn 5801 Read Blvd N.O. Louisiana

• Stayed May 2015
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. I've never seen so much filth in my life.. Walked in the room and the chair was covered in red stains, pretty sure our room had been a past murder scene.. Outside was not much different, even though it's cheap, it's in a TERRIBLE location.. The receptacles do not even have covers!! Air conditioner was terrible... Please please do not stay here!!!

Stayed May 2015
Collinsville, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't mind all the picky people's negative comments. Paid far better money for the same type accommodations downtown. Room was clean, place was quite. It is a older hotel and as such has minor cosmetic dings. As far as the bugs I read about, don't leave the balcony wide open with the lights on, problem solved. Great hotel for the money..

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015 via mobile

All I needed was the basics and I thought for the price it would be worth it. I checked-in around 10pm and left at 5am the next morning because I woke up with dozens of bed bug bites from face to foot. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

I have travelled the world, including countries in Africa and Asia, and have stayed in hostels/motels priced at less than a $1 day. I have never stayed at a place as disgusting at Knights Inn New Orleans on Read. The building structure itself looks like it needs to be condemned, and I would even doubt that even the elevators are serviced regularly for safety standards. The carpets appear to be years old and unsanitary. The entire lobby was full of fumes of cheap cleaner.

I booked my room using Kayak with Orbitz serving as an intermediary. The hotel was rated as 2 stars, and based on this, judged that the hotel itself would provide the basic amenities such as clean towels, working light fixtures, and a sanitary room. We were not looking for anything fancy. When we got to our room, the key card access machine was coated in a strange brownish coating that was sticky to touch. When we entered the room, the lighting fixtures did not work and the entire room smelled of cigarettes despite requesting a non-smoking room. The sheets even had small ants crawling all over them. The towels were badly stained. We asked the front desk to fix the lighting upon leaving that day and they said they would take care of it. When we got back at around midnight, nothing in the room was improved.

In the evening time, this place is full of loitering drug addicts and other questionable people. There is no security whatsoever at this hotel. When we walked into the lobby, there were random guests and strangers smoking marijuana and doing drugs. There was no one on staff at the checkin counter. Immediately after seeing this, I called Orbitz to discuss canceling the remainder of our reservation considering that this Knights Inn misrepresented their property online. We did not sleep the whole night due to the fact that the beds were covered in insects, the room smelled of cigarettes, and that guests were loud and slamming doors all night long.

Knights Inn was unwilling to refund us the money we pre-paid for 4 nights, despite checking out early next morning! They claim they have a policy where if we stay the first night, that we are required to pay for the remainder of the stay. These people are a bunch of scam artists. They are luring in nonlocal customers online by misrepresenting their property and then turning around and refusing to refund the money already paid for services not used after seeing the quality and safety of the property after staying the first night.

After arguing with Orbitz all night long about having our money refunded, they finally agreed to cancel our reservation without penalty. However, these scam artists are now lying and claiming that we stayed the full 4 nights and that we are lying about checking out early the next morning. If we did stay here all those nights, why would we have a hotel bill for the Marriott for the last 3 of those nights?

Please do not stay here. The standards here are not of first world quality. There are plenty of other quality motels in the area of the same price range that are actually clean and of standard. These other motels also employ honest, hardworking people. I would recommend those instead. The people at this Knights Inn are liars and cheaters. I will be pursuing further complaints with Wyndham, Orbitz, Kayak, Knights Inn, Mastercard, and the Better Business Bureau to have my money refunded. I do not want them to get away with these adverse business practices on me or anyone else that is tricked into staying with them in the future.

Room Tip: just don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

Checked in around 5 pm. Headed right out for a scheduled tour only to return to small Insects on toilet. No staff to deal problem. Front desk had a friend come and spray bug killer on and around commode. They gave us bleach in a spray bottle if we wanted the toilet cleaner. There was a lot of Paint on carpet. The room appeared to be in the middle of renovations. Drywall damage. Went through expedia. No comp for for bad experience nor an apooogy.

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Knight Inn New Orleans? Share your experiences!