“I am upset because I was over charge not once but twice. I...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knight Inn New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Knight Inn New Orleans to your Saves list
Knight Inn New Orleans
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5801 Read Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70127 (Formerly Budget Lodge)   |
Ranked #138 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So when you check in the place looks adequate from the lobby, then you go to get on the elevator and are horrified by what looks like something out of a housing development in Detroit, or maybe Soviet Union Russia. The ice machine had bugs being dispensed, our room had insects crawling all over the nightstand and sink, pungent odor when you first walk in the room, and when you ran the shower, the faucet was still running water, so the water pressure was lower as a result. Their "breakfast area" is just a run down microwave and coffee machine, no free breakfast here, not that I think I would want anything they would serve. Would never stay here again...stay away!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a mess! I stayed at the Knights Inn on Read Rd in New Orleans on Sept 19th and 20th of 2014 and found the place to be in very poor condition. Most of what I saw could be corrected with a scrub brush or a little paint, but it appears the management doesn't want to spend the $$ needed to make it look presentable. Stained walls, smelly elevator, sticky footprints that were in the same place all during my stay, power plug plates hanging off the wall, lights not working in the rooms. etc. I had to change rooms b/c of a wet carpet issue. One light over the bed had no bulb; the other one had a bulb but did not work. Lights over the sink were out. Not a place I will be returning to.

Room Tip: find another motel.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I first saw this hotel it has 2 1/2 stars out of five But @ $54 - $10 less then the next hotel I was like what the heck but in arrival everything was fine - room was clean spacious with an open view. They have fridge microwave cable in room - waffle breakfast. A pool parking places to eat CVS gas station literally next door / across the street - very close to the freeway entrance - 15 minutes freeway drive from downtown I don't know what people were expecting giving such low score but for me it was exactly what I needed- only thing annoying was the desk in the room too high for the chair otherwise for the price i paid it was perfect

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They were doing a remodel so it was very messy. When you walked in, it wasn't bad. Once you headed for the room you could tell that it was dirty and neglected. Coffee pot didn't work , refrigerator wasn't cold enough and hair dryer didn't work. If we had known what it was like we never would have booked there.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

When I arrived, the Concierge at the front desk informed me that it was her birthday and she was doing various events, one of which was a pool party. The next day I ate my first crawfish, along with some other wonderful food. Her name was Earnestine and I noticed her also supplying information about New Orleans to other guests along with directions. She really made my stay great.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

In our attempt to find a budget inn for our 4 day New Orleans vacation, we came across Knights Inn online and booked it. It was at a great price, $50 a night online. You kind of get what you pay for, however. As soon as we walked through the front door, we were met with a very musty, unpleasant odor. We had no issues getting a room and the staff was friendly. The elevator reeked of cigarette smoke for the duration of our stay. Did people hang out in the elevator and smoked? We were given a room on the 6th floor, where there is a very large pile of broken, old air conditioning units just lying there right beside the elevator. That is preposterous and downright lazy. Our entire floor reeked of rotten food, as though someone had dropped an egg in a corner somewhere and no one had bothered to clean it up. The smell hadnt seeped into our room, thank goodness. The beds were adequate. The AC unit was in good working order. The floor of the bathtub, however, was flaking and got on everything whenever we showered. I made the mistake of taking a bath at one point and spent some time attempting to remove the white flakes from my hair. Breakfast was alright, if lacking a bit. I suppose we could not expect much for 50 a night. The pool remained closed for 2 days straight. When I asked an oblivious staff member as to when it would open, she just said she didn't know and went on her way. It's not too far from downtown, which was a good thing. It's also very quiet at night and nobody bothers you, which is another plus. We went in not expecting too much which is why it was adequate enough. If you're looking for something cheap and convenient for a low budget, albeit smelly and a bit disorganized, than knights inn should meet your needs. Don't expect too much, however.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Knight Inn New Orleans? Share your experiences!