“Not recommended!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knight Inn New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Knight Inn New Orleans to your Saves list
Knight Inn New Orleans
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5801 Read Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70127 (Formerly Budget Lodge)   |
Ranked #143 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Horsforth, England, United Kingdom
“Not recommended!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Firstly, let me start by confirming that I regularly stay at budget hotels. I did not expect luxury at all, but even I was quite shocked by the Knights Inn. The electrical wiring looked extremely dangerous and we had to unplug our fridge as it made a terrible high pitched noise. In the corridor near our room there was a large pile of old air conditioning units that nobody had bothered to get rid of. The lift was terrifying and a sign on the door basically stated that it gets stuck ('If you get stuck in the elevator please be patient'!). It takes ages to get to the French Quarter and Superdome despite being advertised as being 'within easy access'. There is nothing at all in the local area unless you count a dodgy Waffle House as something. Even though the area and hotel were bad, the staff and owners could have made it at least a little better with good service, but no luck there. They wouldn't even call a taxi for me to get to the airport! I'd never stay here again, nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
austin, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Halls are dingy, elevator is rickety, public restroom in the lobby is "out of order". Non-smoking rooms reek of cigarette smoke, no wifi anywhere except the lobby (despite being told there was wifi in the rooms, when we specifically asked) and the toilet is NOT attached to the floor. Needless to say, we'll be finding a new hotel for the rest of the trip.

My biggest regret: that I have to rate them one star because I can't give them 0.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Knight Inn New Orleans? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knight Inn New Orleans

Americas Best Value Hotel New Orleans
Americas Best Value Hotel
Address: 5801 Read Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70127 (Formerly Budget Lodge)
Location: United States > Louisiana > New Orleans
Ranked #143 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Hotel Class:2 star — Knight Inn New Orleans 2*
Our Hotel is conveniently located 7 miles from the Superdome, and 8 miles from the French Quarter and Mardi Gras (Downtown). Our seven-story hotel, offering an outdoor pool, and daily complimentary continental breakfast. Our clean and comfortable guest rooms feature high-speed Internet access, Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to better serve your needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Knight Inn New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Knight Inn New Orleans, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.