Firstly, let me start by confirming that I regularly stay at budget hotels. I did not expect luxury at all, but even I was quite shocked by the Knights Inn. The electrical wiring looked extremely dangerous and we had to unplug our fridge as it made a terrible high pitched noise. In the corridor near our room there was a large pile of old air conditioning units that nobody had bothered to get rid of. The lift was terrifying and a sign on the door basically stated that it gets stuck ('If you get stuck in the elevator please be patient'!). It takes ages to get to the French Quarter and Superdome despite being advertised as being 'within easy access'. There is nothing at all in the local area unless you count a dodgy Waffle House as something. Even though the area and hotel were bad, the staff and owners could have made it at least a little better with good service, but no luck there. They wouldn't even call a taxi for me to get to the airport! I'd never stay here again, nor would I recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel New Orleans
- Americas Best Value Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hotel is conveniently located 7 miles from the Superdome, and 8 miles from the French Quarter and Mardi Gras (Downtown). Our seven-story hotel, offering an outdoor pool, and daily complimentary continental breakfast. Our clean and comfortable guest rooms feature high-speed Internet access, Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to better serve your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Knight Inn New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.