“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt French Quarter

You added Hyatt French Quarter to your Saves list
Hyatt French Quarter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Chateau Bourbon - A Wyndham Historic Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the Hyatt this past weekend and we loved it! The first room we were assigned to did not have a balcony (that I had read so much about in previous reviews) and the windows did NOT open. (Yikes to anyone who doesn't like confined spaces) I immediately called downstairs and they upgraded our room FOR FREE with a balcony and view of Dauphine Street. The room, especially the bathroom was impeccable. And that says A TON because I'm a huge stickler for bathroom cleanliness. The hotel concierge suggested a really great restaurant and made reservations for dinner one night. We also had room service for lunch and ate the best BLT ever! I ordered a Bloody Mary from the pool bar (which by the way was very relaxing) and the drink came with a slice of bacon and shrimp! OMG, delicious. All in all, I would absolutely stay there again. Thanks Hyatt!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, SO MUCH nicer!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek C, Front Office Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I'm very happy that you enjoyed your time at Hyatt French Quarter. I was also happy to hear that we were able to get you into a room that you felt more comfortable in compared to the first room you were given.
Hope to see you again at Hyatt French Quarter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in late April 2014 (the weekend before the Jazz festival). The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are massive (ours faced onto Iberville St), modern and very clean. The bed was also pretty comfy. The main thing that detracted from our stay was the massive air conditioning vent that blows straight onto your face all night. It is so loud that every time it clicked on through the night (to keep the temp in the room consistent) it would wake me up - so my stay wasn't very restful! Other than this, the room was very good and the location can simply not be beat. It's very central, whilst at the same time being on the quieter fringe of the French Quarter.

Whilst I do not think I'd ever return to New Orleans (I think it was enough to have simply been there once), if I did I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding the air vent in the room. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Engineering. It is feedback like yours that allows us to continually work on improving the product and the level of service we provide.
I'm happy to hear that if ever back in New Orleans, you will stay at Hyatt French Quarter.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here for six nights in April for Wrestlemania. As there were three of us travelling prior to booking a hotel we struggled to find ssomewhere which could accommodate us. However the staff at the Hyatt were excellent and spoke to us in the UK via Skype and arranged a suite for us with three beds. When we arrived the greeting was warm and efficient which was great after a long journey. The suite was huge and spotlesslly clean. The best hotel room I have stayed in and if I ever return to New Orleans I would stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback for your stay during WrestleMania. What a great event! I'm happy to hear that you will come back and stay with us when back in New Orleans.
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Have been to New Orleans 4 or 5 times over the past 10 years and would rate this hotel very high on the list of places that we have stayed. The location is excellent for walking to restaurants and sites. We stayed 5 nights in mid May and one of the nights was a little noisy from Bourbon Street, but nothing that you couldn't overlook. Hotel is very clean and modern looking with helpful staff. We did not get a balcony room, but the room we had was spacious and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, but the bathroom a little smaller than I would have expected (e.g., only a single sink). Other than this and the minor inconvenience of one noisy night I would have rated this a five for sure. We got a great package deal through Southwest Airlines that included room and air fare. The hotel restaurant was very good for breakfast and lunch and we took advantage of that for our breakfast most days before heading out to the sites. We have stayed a number of times at Le Pavilion (which we do like as well) outside the French Quarter, but decided to try something different this trip. While the Hyatt does not have the old world ambiance of some of the other NO hotels, it was every bit as good as Le Pavilion which is also rated high on visitors ratings. Bottom line, is this was a great experience and will definitely consider staying again.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We found this property to be a perfect location for tourists visiting the French Quarter...right around the corner from Bourbon Street, so there's great people-watching if your balcony faces Bourbon Street or from the restaurant...yet it's at the end of the Quarter so you are not right in the middle of all the madness. It's a nice break from the crowds and frat-boy feeling that Bourbon Street can sometimes give off, and it's an easy departure point for other areas of NOLA that you may want to explore when you've had your fill of the tourists.

The hidden gems here are the dining establishments - Red Fish Grill was festive, great service and decor, and all of the food was amazing. Batch Bar does an excellent job with the hipster-artisan-cocktails-type place that's all the rage now. Cocktails were inventive, tasty, fresh, and the service was excellent. Powdered Sugar is still mostly a dressed-up version of a typical lobby cafe, but it does serve its purpose well.

Rooms were very clean and well maintained, beds very comfortable, and our room had ridiculously high ceilings which made our oversized room seem even larger. I was really impressed with the cleanliness here, despite the high occupancy rate. Balconies are shared with the room next door - I suppose I could have done without that - but it wasn't ever an issue. Pool area was nice enough and was quite popular.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

For the money we paid I was not impressed the room was small no draw space .One day I wanted to borrow a curling iron , our house keeper vicky left it for me but with it came a letter that you had to sign and return saying if anything were to happen to said curling iron 150.00 would be automatically charged to my credit card .I was insulted and called the front desk and had someone come pick it up immediately. The staff was very pleasant and helpfull.the air conditioner was not as cold as I like .I will not stay at a Hyatt again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt French Quarter. We truly value guest feedback as we are always trying to improve the level of customer service we provide our guests. In an effort to control equipment that we allow our guests to borrow, we have a system in place to ensure the equipment is returned so that we can continue to allow guests to borrow items that typically are not available at a hotel. The system we have in place is not to insult our guests, but to protect the items so that future guests have the ability to borrow items as well.
I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful.
I hope that should your travels bring you back to New Orleans that you will consider Hyatt French Quarter for your lodging needs.
Prestwick,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great hotel for visiting the French Quarter of New Orleans........rooms are excellent and there is a swimming pool within the complex.....ideal for visiting Bourbon St and the prom walk along the Mississippi

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt French Quarter? Share your experiences!