“Location Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt French Quarter

You added Hyatt French Quarter to your Saves list
Hyatt French Quarter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Chateau Bourbon - A Wyndham Historic Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #23 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Location Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with a Hyatt standard close to Bourbon Street and the Tram line. The staff were very friendly and helpful and gave us all the does and don'ts of New Orleans and where to eat. The area around this hotel is safe but I wouldn't go to far off Bourbon Street at night. Happy hour or should I say hours on Bourbon Street is from 4 to 8 every night. Of a day time everywhere was fine and easy to get around. An all day pass for the tram is $3 p/p. A hint, don't let anyone try and shine your shoes, it is a scam.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

In an excellent position, this hotel has extremely helpful and friendly staff, is clean with large rooms and a great bar. Everything you need for a stay in the French Quarter, you won't have far to stagger back from Bourbon Street!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the courtyard are quieter than the ones overlooking the street
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Hyatt French Quarter is a classy hotel at the edge of the French Quarter, which means that you don't hear much of the noisy nightlife on nearby Bourbon Street. The hotel is an older building that has been very nicely renovated and features all modern amenities, including lots of outlets for charging your electronics. My fourth floor room (highest floor), which had a view onto one of the interior courtyards, was clean and spacious and featured a small desk for getting a bit of work done. The Wi-Fi was consistent, and the price (conference rate) was right. Some rooms have an air purifier which helps to reduce the humidity during the summer, but you may want to turn it off during the winter if you do not like to sleep in dry air.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Just came back from 3 nights at the Hyatt French Quarter. Really nice, clean, and modern hotel with oversized rooms and comfy beds. I have to say the rooms were extremely comfortable. The staff, especially Dawn, were all friendly and their cafe Powdered Sugar had great coffee for those who don't like to make their own coffee in the room. The manager Ray always made sure my husband got his coffee right! If I had any complaints they were minor but it would be nice if they would offer free wifi in the rooms especially if you are a Hyatt passport member and they really need higher quality towels in the bathrooms. As I said minor in comparison to what this hotel has to offer. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard or the pool
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
So Fla USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had occasion to stay at the Hyatt French Quarter in November and the property is perfectly located for the French Quarter and the rooms are beautiful and spacious. I had requested adjoining rooms because my 95-year-old mother was joining us on this trip and we wanted to be nearby but have some privacy as well. We arrived by cab and the drive was jammed so we had to walk from the street which was inconvenient because we had luggage and my mother's mobility is minimal. The cab refused to pull into the drive because of the traffic jam and the staff that was on the door ignored us until we got into the lobby when they asked us if we needed any help. (I needed help to get to the lobby - not so much after we were inside.) When I got to the desk, I gave my name and credit card/id and mentioned that we had requested adjoining rooms. I was quickly told that requests are noted but not guaranteed. So then I asked if she could check to see if the rooms adjoined and the adjoining front desk person asked what the room numbers were and then responded that they did, in fact, adjoin. I could have done without the disclaimer especially since our request had been granted. And, for that, I am grateful. Because when we got to the rooms, we were stunned with how modern, spacious, quiet, and beautiful they were. Our bellman was a perfect gentleman who helped us dump the luggage, offered ice, and gave us a brief orientation to the rooms and the features. He definitely made up for the minor shortcomings of the staff. Later in our stay we experienced warmer interactions with both the desk and valet staff. If you want fine accommodations that are smack dab in the French Quarter, this is the spot. You will be steps from Acme Oyster, Galatoire's, and dozens of other French Quarter classics. But without all of the noise. Our rooms faced the tranquil and perfectly manicured courtyard area - very impressive. I've stayed in New Orleans a number of times - at the Ritz, Roosevelt, Saint, JW Marriott, Courtyard, Renaissance, and many others -- this is, by far, among the best with the added benefit of being right in the quarter without noise. Give it a try -- you'll love it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard rather than the street so you'll enjoy quiet evenings.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel for a friends bachelorette party! We had a great stay. Very clean and very nice. Very close to Bourbon. It was literally around the corner. It was sort of hard to find since there was construction going on at the time, but once we found it everything was perfect. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dime Box, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were finishing a three week driving tour of the Eastern US staying at hotels in the $70-90 range. With New Orleans being our last stop and a past history of just driving through, I wanted our last two nights to be near the French Quarter and at a slightly more comfortable place.

Good news for the Hyatt French Quarter

Very convenient to the French Quarter
Convenient restaurant and bar in the hotel lobby which helped when we wanted to stay in. Food was good.
Real friendly people - 5 star friendliness
Definite upgrade from our usual hotels

Neutral

Price for room was a small discount to $179 a night with wireless and breakfast, which is usually charged, provided free. I can see where some people will say for the location that it was a good price but I don't make tons of money so $159 would have been better.

Odd

The street noise in our room on our first night (Monday night) was terrible. Bus idling, cars speeding by, drunk yelling, couple fighting with the guy hitting the woman and the woman hitting his car, air compressor being used at 4 am to clean something. But then our next night (Tuesday) was fine with little street noise. Don't know why the difference. Probably a quirk. I would suggest asking for a quiet room.

Parking - advertised and mentioned upon arrival at $40 a night which truthfully upset me as we hate spending that kind of money. Never complained but then on our bill, we were charged only $15. Much appreciated but wish I was told that beforehand so I wouldn't have fretted so much about parking fees.

In conclusion, the employees were amazingly friendly, hotel clean and stocked with amenities. Only wish would be for the hotel to make their parking rate stay at $15 and advertise as such. Otherwise, great hotel.

Room Tip: Not facing the trolley street
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt French Quarter? Share your experiences!