“Great location and wonderful employees” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt French Quarter

You added Hyatt French Quarter to your Saves list
Hyatt French Quarter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Chateau Bourbon - A Wyndham Historic Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
French Quarter Theater
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Key West, Florida
“Great location and wonderful employees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were only in town for 2 days so this will be short. Location is fabulous and everyone that works in the hotel from the front desk to the maids to the bartenders are the nicest and friendliest people ever. I feel like the hospitality was really outstanding. Our room was spacious and comfortable, couldn't be better. We ate at Red Fish, located in the bottom floor, the first night and it was packed, lively and excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Perfect location and close to everything in the French Quarter. Hotel is recently renovated but still has that boutique charm while still being a Hyatt. Red Fish Grill connected to the hotel is a GREAT restaurant as well. I was staying here as part of a conference. The conference staff is very attentive and does a great job. The food from banquet services however was only ok. Nothing to write about. Batch, the in hotel bar, was charming and had decent food for what it is. Better than the banquet food. All things considered, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend and I stayed here the weekend before Halloween, and the location was perfect for us: at the foot of Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. Check-in was very fast -- almost too fast, as the receptionist didn't bother asking if we had any questions about the hotel or location. The hotel was completely renovated only about six months prior, and everything had a new and modern feel. But form overruled functionality in a couple cases: a lack of hooks and surface area in the bathroom, and one large lamp between the two beds. (Difficult if one of us wanted to sleep and the other wanted to read. Each bed should have its own smaller light.) Our room was a "courtyard queen" which had a window facing the inside of a small atrium -- while there was no view, we also did not get any street noise. Beds were very comfortable! TV received HD signals, too.

Room Tip: If you're worried about street noise, ask for a room that faces an interior courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

All services were excellent, with the exception of housekeeping. I can't say they didn't always do a good job because one day they never even came to do anything. We had been out at an event and returned around 10PM to discover the room had been untouched, even though we had been gone since early that morning. I called the front desk and was told housekeeping was gone for the day but they could send up some clean towels. The front desk clerk did apologize for the inconvenience. The following morning, housekeeping staff was knocking on the door at 8AM wanting in to clean the room which I found odd since it was our check out date.
Our room faced Canal Street and there was constant noise from people, traffic, and sirens. Not an issue if you are used to living in a large city. The view was very nice.
After reading several other reviews, it seems this must be the norm for this particular hotel. Valet parking and bell service staff were great - very prompt and polite. It may sound petty, but returning to a room in need of attention at the end of a very long day leaves a bad impression.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for an interior room. Otherwise you will face out to Canal Street or Bourbon...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We checked in this past weekend and had a most enjoyable stay.The room was beautiful the bed very comfortable and the staff helpful,professional and very friendly. The location is perfect for a stay in New Orleans.
The only drawback was the water pressure in the bathroom. The fixtures and fittings in the bathroom was up to the par of the hotel but the size of the bathroom was minuscule and water pressure was woefully lacking.
I say this with regret because the staff and hotel met our every expectation with the exception of the water pressure

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived in N.O. after 18 hrs. of airplanes, layovers and delays to the Hyatt French Quarter; tired to the bone and hungry. Went out to eat and came back, washed my face, brushed my teeth and went to bed. The next AM, getting ready to attend my conference, I showered and was about to brush my teeth and looked down to see little black specks in my sink....upon closer inspection saw they were whiskers, and I called the front desk and they asked me if I thought someone had been in my room, "no, not even housekeeping, for quite a while", was my thought. The next day I left at 8 AM for my conference and housekeeping was outside my door, I greeted them and said I was gone for the rest of the day, at 5:45PM my room was still not clean. A MardiGras party was part of my conference and I had a feather boa which lost a couple feathers on the floor, and I had dropped an almond on the floor near my bed and 3 days later they were still there...apparently vacuuming is not part of their routine either. Have never stayed in such a pricey hotel with such lax housekeeping services, hope to never again!! Then with the tail end effects of Sandy rousing up winds in N.O., the plexiglass installed storm windows rattled all the time and sounded like a continual hailstorm on the windows. Sleeping was difficult even with ear plugs. The staff was pleasant and otherwise the accommodation was okay.

Room Tip: Not on the side where the winds blow, and where the housekeeping staff actually cleans!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night en route back to Texas from a vacation in South Carolina and Mississippi. After living in New Orleans twice in my 34-year career before retiring 10 years ago, we wanted to finally eat dinner at Galatoires and again experience the Quarter. We had eaten an MANY great places in New Orleans, but just never Galatoires. It was just around the corner from our hotel! We arrived a little harried due to major construction on Canal Street, but found the Valet Parking attendants & doorman friendly & helpful. Parking was expensive ($34 + tax!), but was worth it. The lobby was modern but luxurious. When we walked into our room it was Wow! The furnishings were excellent and the top-floor king suite was huge! We had a wonderful meal at Galatoires and then room service for breakfast the next day. They even phoned about 5-minutes before delivering to be sure we were ready. Our room was relatively quiet (over the entrance and away from the elevators) from hotel noise, but we did have some street noise. This is New Orleans! A great stay - clean, modern, very spacious, and a great location. We'd certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms will have some street noise, but the higher the better, plus the Bourbon Street side will...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt French Quarter? Share your experiences!