“Nice room and good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt French Quarter

You added Hyatt French Quarter to your Saves list
Hyatt French Quarter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Chateau Bourbon - A Wyndham Historic Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
French Quarter Theater
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice room and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed in pool side view room...room opens to the pool...cosy and good service...good latte in cafe..Hotel is just next to French Quarter...near Walgreen Marts and shops...restaurant opposite has good food but pricey...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed just about everywhere in the French Quarter over the years and was pleasantly surprise to see that Hyatt had acquired and renovated a property on Bourbon St. Rooms are spacious with 12' ceilings, nice modern appointments and a high level of comfort. Service was consistantly solid from the front desk to the valet. The new Hyatt French Quarter will be on our short list for all future visits!

• Stayed August 2012
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked this hotel a couple of months ago, when it was the Chateau Bourbon. I was surprised at the name change when I arrived, but was most pleased with my accomodations. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times, helping me more than a few times with questions. They were obviously proud of their city, and enjoyed sharing it. My room was without balcony (a cheapie), but was very large and comfortable. I stayed a week, and especially enjoyed naps on the couch under the windows. Kudos epecially to the restaurant in the hotel (Red Fish Grill). It was excellent both times i dined there.

Location couldn't have been better. All in all, I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
AFOMHyattFQ, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I want to thank you for the feedback about the staff and how helpful and accommodating they were. That is what customer service is all about. Hope to see you soon should your travels bring you back to New Orleans.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'm from New Orleans and moved away after hurrican Katrina. Returned to visit friends and family. The Hyatt recently took over the Chateau Boubon. The contemporary rooom was huge with a balcony. Great location as is a block from bourbon but was far enough away from Bourbon and was quiet. Hyatt did a beautfull job of renovating this beautiful old building. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would recommend valet parking as parking around the hotel is limited. Would recoomend. Try it out and enjoy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pendleton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was formerly the Chateau Bourbon when we booked 90 plus days out. On arrival we learned the hotel was now the Hyatt French Quarter with a 20 million dollar up grade. Staff where great, could not do enough for us,always asking to help and get reservations if we needed any. All rooms were well appointed with flat screen T.V. S. Room service from the world famous RED FISH restaurant was over the top.

Room Tip: Rooms away from bourbon st. are indeed less likely to be above a street band or activity. Some peopl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Yuupon at half the usual rate. Nice, big clean rooms in a newly renovated hotel. Great location. Great restaurant downstairs (Red Fish Grill). We put the "Do not disturb" sign on our door and were never bothered by housekeeping. When we wanted the room cleaned or more towels we just called them. The room was a standard with two Queens facing the courtyard pool and very quiet. It looked just as expected based on photos I saw online (even included a fridge which I didn't know), so I don't know what webuz is complaining about. Seriously dude you booked and paid for a standard room and you're whining you didn't get a deluxe suite?

As for parking...there's no need to have a car in NOLA if you're flying here. If you're driving then the best deal is Harrah's a few blocks down the street. You can't beat free parking and free cocktails...if you're lucky you might even make a profit.

• Stayed August 2012
Tempe, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

As a travel reporter I stay at over 30 hotels a year. I was excited to stay in New Orleans' French Quarter and even more excited to stay at a newly redone property.

Cons
Only one VERY small trash canister in the room
Beverage machines were empty the entire weekend of my stay. I checked all four floors of the hotel. Plus, I lost $2 in one of the machines. When I phoned down to the front desk to ask when they would be refilled it rang and rang until finally someone in the back office picked up and told me to "just buy sodas in the hotel restaurant, they aren't much more". They were, in fact, a dollar more plus tax each.
When I decided to take out my overload of trash I could not find a container on the first, second or third floors. I literally walked outside and tried to find a container to deposit my trash
The small sofa and table in the room did not face the TV. The only place to watch the TV was from the bed. This made my stay uncomfortable.
The restaurant took my room service order then told me 20 minutes later they didn't have what I ordered (I must say when the room service clerk told me they didn't have order, he was very nice and did offer a free breakfast).
I knew I had spent more than my credit card hold on room expenses. I went down to the front desk and told them to run another card for incidentals and to be sure to leave the room charges on the original card. The attendant assured me they would. Nope! They charged the room and incidentals to the new card.

On Friday I asked that the manger contact me. Nope, I never got a call from the hotel manager.

Pros
Good location
Friendly staff (but not well versed in fine customer service)
Comfortable bed
Comfortable small sofa and table (I really like the sofa/table arrangement except for location)

As much as I travel, I have never left a negative comment on trip advisor. This stay, and lack of response from hotel management, forced me to warn other travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the sofa faces the TV.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I want to thank you for the feedback with regards to the collapse in service and followup. We strive to followup and follow through with our guests and take ownership of an issue once it is brought to our attention. Obviously in this case we failed. I hope that this will be seen as an isolated incident and I truly hope that you will give Hyatt French Quarter another chance should your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Been to Hyatt French Quarter? Share your experiences!