“Best location for tourism” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt French Quarter

You added Hyatt French Quarter to your Saves list
Hyatt French Quarter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Chateau Bourbon - A Wyndham Historic Hotel) (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
French Quarter Theater
Ranked #22 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Best location for tourism”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food like deanies, acme are basically outside your door. Cheap secured covered public parking 1 block away. They charge 1/2 of what hotels charge. Staff was knowledgable & helpful, great large & modern rooms

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Halifax, NS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is a gem and is located right in the heart of the French Quarter. It has been completed renovated and the rooms are large, clean and comfortable. You can walk everywhere and there are great restaurant located all around you, however, the hotel grille serves great food as well and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We stayed on the opposite of the pool side and there was absolutely no noise from the streets or any...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oneonta, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a balcony over Bourbon at the calmer area so we were able to enjoy the street at night with our kids from the balcony. The staff were very very friendly & helpful the hotel itself was super elegant. I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a balcony its an experience.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Beautiful hotel, staff is first class especially the valet staff. TV was very small for the size of the room. Couldn't get several channels to work including the one that the Olympics was on. Called front desk said they would send some one up. No one ever showed. I mentioned it to the front desk when I check out and they literally would not respond. I assume its a normal occurrence. You will hear all the road noises because the windows are old and single pane. A/C had a hard time keeping the room cool. If the TV worked and I wasn't woken up by road noises it would be a great place,

Room Tip: Interior unless you want to hear all the road noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AFOMHyattFQ, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Craigbhouston,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! I am so sorry you had experienced such challenges with our TV during your stay. The service outage was a result from an issue with our cable provider and a service interruption in the city. None the less this should have been communicated to you. I will certainly address with my staff for immediate correction. Please feel free to contact me should you return to New Orleans and I would be more than happy to assist you with your reservations.

Warm Regards,
Rebecca Bustamento
Winnie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We pricelined our room for the New Orleans trip and were so excited to get a new hotel that we had not visited before. The hotel opens up to Canal Street as well as Bourbon street. It is in a great location - within walking distance to everything - Jackson Square, several restaurants and of course Bourbon Street. The staff was very friendly and were able to fill my request of two queen beds instead of a king (as our daughter was able to make the trip). The hotel has a modern decor and the rooms are huge! They are much larger than any other hotel room we have ever stayed in during our trips to New Orleans. Beds were very comfortable and our room had French doors opening to the courtyard on the 2nd floor. The rooms have balconies overlooking the courtyard, pool or French Quarter or Bourbon street. The hotel also includes Ralph Brennan's Redfish Grill - I recommend earing a meal here. The only negative is the $42 parking fee - which is a fee you must pay pretty much anywhere to be in the heart of New Orleans. We truly enjoyed our stay and this

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am in New Orleans weekly for business and have experienced more issues at this hotel than any other I have stayed at in the past 5 years. It clearly is not up to Hyatt standards yet. The update is nice, but the staff seems overwhelmed. I spent three nights and had major internet issues every day and evening. Today, both TV and internet have been out for over 6 hours. For the business traveler, this is something that I cannot tolerate. For a non-business traveler the hotel would be fine, but I cannot afford to give the hotel another chance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
AFOMHyattFQ, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I would first off like to apologize for the difficulties that you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately since we had a small storm that weekend it knocked out some of service providers in New Orleans. This did not only have an effect on our hotel but other local hotels. I can assure you that our engineering staff did everything in their power to get the internet and television services up and running. It is my hope that you will give us another chance to service you. If you would like to contact me directly I would be more then happy to make your reservation for you.
Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently went to New Orleans for a meeting during French Quarter Festival and I was surprised at how nice this hotel was. Although it was still being renovated, my room was completed and it was gorgeous. The room was spacious and the staff was wonderful. I ate at the restaurant the first night and the food was delicious, the fresh bread was the best I have ever tasted. The location is near everything you want to see in the French Quarter. The only downside was there neither a pool nor a fitness center as they were under construction. My meetings were also held in the hotel and our lunches were delicious.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt French Quarter? Share your experiences!