“We will be back...very soon.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt French Quarter

You added Hyatt French Quarter to your Saves list
Hyatt French Quarter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Chateau Bourbon - A Wyndham Historic Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
BR
“We will be back...very soon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My family and I stayed here on June 21-24 as a last minute get away/random hotel booking (the new renovations is what sold me). I was very surprised when we arrived of the location and how I have overlooked this property as we usually stay at the Astor next door!

For starters, Our room was HUGE. We had paid a little extra for a premium room but I had no idea it would be so large and with doors accessing the pool courtyard directly! Since we were traveling with family it was a great perk being that we could enjoy the pool bar (Pat at the pool bar was fantastic!) and have the younger ones enjoy swimming. Well worth the bit extra to upgrade.

Secondly, the staff and location were ideal! Valet, Front Desk, Bartenders and even housekeeping were extremely friendly. Make sure to ask the front desk for a map when you check in. They had given us some great recommendations and suggestions (A tip we received from someone was that Palace Cafe on Canal Street has a daily lunch special - cheap and delicious!!)

Lastly, usually Im not a big fan of hotel bars and restaurants. However, we decided to stop in for a drink at the hotel bar Batch to waste time before dinner. It wasn’t not crowded, good atmosphere and great creative drinks (I only tried the bloody mary but I would have it again).

I now have this hotel bookmarked and talks are in the works to plan a full week in New Orleans! I suggest to everyone you give this place a try and make an attempt to try the restaurants and bars they have to offer…you’ll be surprised… happily surprised.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms on the second floor are wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the glowing recommendation. I will pass onto Pat all the kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

The location of this hotel is awesome! Just a block from Bourbon Street and Canal. The rooms were so big I could not get a picture to do it justice. Most of the pictures on here were taken before the renovations. The bed was oh so comfy. I so wish I could have strapped that bed to the top of my car when we left. Our room overlooked the pool in the courtyard. Was very quite except for the one night that the occupants next to us came back late and you could here everyone laughing after their night out but it didn't take them long to settle down. The bathroom was very nice. The new glass shower was roomy enough for two. ;o)

I loved our stay here and would HIGHLY recommend this Hotel if you are coming to New Orleans. If I had to complain, it would be the parking. For overnight valet it cost $40 a night which is a lot! We had to cut our stay one extra night because I did not do my research before going and had not expected to pay that much per night and as we stayed 3 nights, @$40 it hurt the pocket book! Have fun!

, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I agree the beds are amazing! I will pass on your comments about the parking to our General Manager. Stop back by and see us the next time you are in New Orleans.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I got this hotel on Priceline for a steal, but even if I'd paid full price I'd rate it highly. It is beautiful!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here for business June 20 - 22/ 2012. The rooms have been freshly redone, very nice. The building is older, historic. The floor in my room had a slight grade to it, not a big deal. The room and the bed were very comfortable. The TV stopped working, I let the front desk know and they took care of it right away. The bathroom was also very nice, newly redone. My only complaint was that there was not a coffee maker in the room. I had an early flight, 7:00AM, and the hotel doesn't offer coffee to the guests. The little coffee shop was not open so I had to go out of the hotel complex and find an IHOP to get coffee at 5:00AM.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. I will pass on your comments about the coffee maker to our housekeeping manager so we can ensure this will not happen again. Thank you again for staying with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We loved staying here. This hotel has a great location, nice staff, and the rooms were huge! The only part we were a little disappointed about was downstairs there is a cute cafe. We had two scones and two waters it's cost is almost $18 dollars.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I checked in on 6/20/2012 for a two night stay. I am a single business traveler. I was put in a King Blacony BEAUTIFUL room on the 3rsd floor. I thought it was a beautiful, clean and BRAND NEW Hotel. I was VERY pleased the first night.

However the second night after being in the room for about 3 hours after I returned from dinner, I discovered I was not the only occupant of the room. RAT. Yes, you heard it correctly. A RAT was also in my room. Not a mouse. A RAT. The rat was so big that when it went to run under the couch it could not "clear" it. (Meaning that the front of its body got under but the entire back end of it was sticking out.) I do not know how I didn't have a heart attack.

I ran out of the room as fast as I could (barefeet and all) and went straight to the front desk. I will say that the front desk was completely empathtic and quickly got me moved to another wing. I told them that there was no way I could re-enter the room to pack up all my stuff so they had security do it for me.

Security checked the new room for my 3X before I could bring myself to walk into a new room. Needless to say in the new room I could not sleep a wink and never turned off the lights. I am scarred for life to say the least.

I could not get out of that hotel fast enough the next morning. I was SHOCKED to discover when I checked out I was fully charged for both nights. In disbelief I asked to speak to the manager who was very nice. After explaining what happened, she comped out my entire bill. She told me that the PM Manager said nothing about this and never reported it to her.

I asked her to tell me what the current status was on the room with the rat. (Room #357) and she said it was NOT blocked off. BUT that she would block it now to have it checked out.

So connect the dots now....If I didn't point this out to the AM manager, Housekeeping would of simply cleaned the room and rented it out to the next poor soul!

I am disgusted with Hyatt that they have no procedures, no communication and no follow through.

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

NEVER will I walk foot in the HYatt French Quarter again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Sandy D,

I would like to first off apologize to you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am embarrassed to see the lack of communication that happened with our hotel staff. Please know we are taking your feedback very seriously and all issues pointed out have been addressed. I can not even imagine how you must have been feeling when this happened. If there is anything that I can do for you please feel free to contact me directly at maureen.greany@hyattfrenchquarter.com. Again, I apologize and do hope that you will give the Hyatt French Quarter another chance the next time you come to New Orleans.
Pontiac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Surrounded by food, shopping, amenities, various transportation methods, entertainment, culture, and 1 block from Bourbon Street.
I will just share the important things that stood out for me and my wife for our 5 day stay in NOLA for the first time.
-Valet, doormen, guest services, and housekeeping were 100% spot on!
-the lobby, decor, and spacious rooms were very clean, modern, and worthy of a 9.5.
-no need to rent a car. Total for taxi for me and my wife was $33 plus tip. Parking for a rental car was approx. $30 at hotel and most places in the FQ.
-we used taxis, trolley, and walked comfortably to food, shopping, and entertainment.
-you never have to walk more than 2-3 blocks to eat the finest seafood, McDonald's, Popeyes, or you can go right next door to Ihop 24hrs.
-bourbon street is 1 block over and if you want peace and quiet on the weekend at night... Lol. It kinda shocked us as first time FQ visitors to still hear partying at 4am but it was Saturday...
-Priceline picked this for us and we were 60-70 below the Hyatt's nightly rate!

#Winning

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hyatt French Quarter, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! Come back and see us the next time you are in New Orleans.