“Will not stay there again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

You added Chateau Dupre Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Dupre Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #147 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Will not stay there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2005

I stayed @ the Chateau Dupre this past weekend and Adonis, the check-in clerk was very helpful helping me get to the hotel. She stayed on the phone with me until I arrived @ the hotel. The room was ok. Hand towels were not in the room & the ice chest had purple stuff in it. There was also no sheets in the room for the sofa bed which had a broken mattress. Later that night, a mouse ran across the room & we were immediately moved to another room which was a lot better than the 1st room. The staff was friendly with the exception of a lady and security guard who worked that Friday night. The inside elevator door did not open & she was concerned that we could not get off of our floor. The guard made comments that there were too many of us on the elevator, but the same thing happen several times.

The location of the hotel is great.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

Chateau Dupré has an excelent service, namely Ms. Adonis Favorite.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

Went over the fouth of july for some fun and adventure and I got just that. As soon as I checked in you can see it was going to be great. Greeted by this cool young kid who immediately picked up my bags and led me to the reception to check in. The young lady checking me in used my name several times and offered the bellmen to send my one little bag up to the room. Room was clean and fresh, like it was newly painted or something. Got directions to the nearest restaurants and clubs. Staff was great, hotel location unbeatable. I work for a small hotel in AK and I took ideas with me. Thanks Again! I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

As you can see from the date we stayed here, it's been 5 years. However, there are some issues that cannot be resolved. If you get a room in the front of the hotel, you will be facing Decatur St and the House of Blues is just a few doors away. Unfortunately, our stay coincided with Rap Night at the HOB. We were on the top floor, the entire room vibrated from the blasting music in all the traffic on the street. Next morning we moved to the back of the hotel, you only have 2 choices, front or back. All the views from the back are of a parking deck a few short steps away across a narrow alley, heard screeching tires from valet parking attendants all night long. So, if it's peace and quite you need, look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2000
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2005

This establishment played the staring role in the worst trip ever! It would seem that the toilet being constantly flooded would be bad enough, but no, they went and topped themselves by being infested with termites. Lastly, in an attempt to kill the termites maybe, the hotel has electrical problems that caused a fire, landing their guests in a “shelter-like” domain, that was surprisingly better compared to the Chateau Dupre.

dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

The Chateau Dupre' was not what I expected it to be. If you look on there website the picture looks like it would be a nice vintage style hotel. But once you check your whole overview while change. The picture looks very good but the only thing is they only have one of those rooms in the entire hotel. The rooms that don't have the lounge area is horrible. They had termites, the room i was staying in had electrical problems which caused me to have to scramble to gather all my things and move to another hotel. The only good thing about this hotel was three people that i think went out there way to make sure my stay would go a little bit better. One was this laundry lady name Anoittenete, she was very helpful and outgoing. Second was Adonis one the desk clerks. Third was John the bell doorman he was very helpful in taking our bags to our room. My overall experince was bad and i wouldn't want anybody having to go through what me and my friends went through this past Fourth of July weekend.

Lafayette LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

Quite nice. Has a rustic look and feel. GREAT location and easy to get to. Best location for me and two other girls who didn't want to pay a lot, be off the beaten path, or far from the casino and Dickey Brennen's Steakhouse. Staff was very nice; especially Terry Jerome (sweet young man). He was sure to set us off in the right direction. Compared to other hotels, parking was the cheapest we found. Just drive up front and they take it from there. Please be aware that sometimes there is noise even in this part of the Quarter...but so what :O) you're visiting New Orleans!

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!