“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

You added Chateau Dupre Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Dupre Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #147 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Lucedale, Mississippi
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Probably the worst hotel I have EVER stay in. I am 50 years old & have stayed lots of places. Rude desk worker. Elevator broke. Awful smell. Said they Had no more wash cloths (4 of us in room & only had 3 wash cloths). Booked double beds & only got 1 bed. Had sofa bed that legs were broke on. Legs broke on bed. Safe didn't work. Bathroom door would not close. The maintenance man was the only nice employee

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed at 100s of hotels across this country, DO NOT stay at this hotel!! Its dirty, its TERRIBLY maintained, which makes an old building VERY dated and just raggedy looking, it stinks, its loud, no wash rags, not enough towels, booked a double and got a single, you will be walking about 15 mins to the closest parking lot, to go to your room you you have to leave the lobby go out to the street and go through a different door which is open to the street to go up the stairs because the elevator is STILL broke. This is NOT a $300 a night hotel for sure!!! If you need to stay in New Orleans for a special event and this is all you can find, take your chances on Bourbon with the street performers! Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the weekend of March 29. Elevator was broken. Our room was on the third floor. The hall doors were being propped open by garbage cans. Our first room was accessible by a key that looked like it could unlock your front door. The room was dark, air conditioner didn't work, bathroom door didn't close all the way. We asked for a different room, one with at least AC. Second room was also on third floor. AC was working. Lots of stains on the floor. It rained very hard that weekend. Water was leaking in from the window, dripping on the floor and desk. We were lucky, because Saturday morning we awoke to a shopvac vacuuming up water from a room down the hall. Terrible smell of gasoline on second floor that morning, dangerous. A girl got stuck in the elevator. Front desk ladies weren't too enthusiastic...understandable. Everything was dirty, old. Very old building. We paid $239 for two nights. That's about $300 too much. This building should be shut down.

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I knew when we reserved this hotel exactly what we were getting, and the condition of the hotel came as no surprise but you absolutely cannot beat the location for the price. I'm sure the hotel owners know this and that's why there's not a lot of investment in the hotel. The place is old, the amenities are minimal, the hot water in the shower doesn't last long... I could probably go on and on, but I wasn't in New Orleans to sit around the room and enjoy the hotel, I was there to enjoy New Orleans and the hotel offered a very cheap and convenient place to stow my clothes and rest my head.

The one disturbing aspect of the hotel is that the stairwell door opens directly onto the sidewalk without any sort of keyed lock to keep a passerby from getting into the hotel but allowing guests the chance to get in (because trust me, you won't want to take the elevator). With the doors accessing each individual floor inside the stairwell being propped open by garbage cans, that open access was a little disconcerting.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Booked the room for an over night stay before a cruise... BADDD move! In one word, DON'T!! Lobby smelled, front desk staff not interested, friendly or helpful. Elevator scary. We both dreaded unlocking room door. Drapes hanging off rod, window broken..no really, half the glass gone. Floor lamp next to bed, shadeless, just the bare bulb. Carpet from the '50's and the most hilarious thing of all, a monster of a TV, left over from the early '80's, a mammoth box with no remote. I don't even need to cover the beds or bathroom do I? We walked out and headed straight for the Hilton Gardens. Our only regret when we left was that we didn't take pictures..no one will ever believe just how bad it really was. Don't stay here!

• Stayed March 2014
Hamden, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I didn't understand why this place was so bad. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt but this place was just awful. I was here on business and didn't have time to look for a new place to stay.
To start, the lobby was pretty run down and dirty. The elevator was pretty rickety and had a phone # inside to call the front desk if you get stuck inside. The person at the front desk had to reset it each time it was used. Once I got to my room on the 3rd floor the keycard would not work. What was odd was that the door had a key card handle, a door knob and a dead bolt. The keycard wouldn't work so I had to go back downstairs and the front desk gave me metal keys. Once I got into the room it did have a unique odor and didn't look that clean although it was spacious. The tile in the bathroom was not only broken but not attached to the floor. The toilet seat was broken and the unit that holds the hairdryer must have not been cleaned for months it had so much dust on it. The sheets were a little torn on the side of the bed. The in-wall safe didn't work and was hanging off the wall. The noise from the street and hallways lasted all evening. The final kicker was the doors to the staircase were held open with garbage cans on every floor. When you reach the bottom of the stairs it leads to a door directly onto the street that any stranger can open from the outside and enter the hotel.
I had a 6 AM flight and while waiting for a taxi in the lobby the gate to enter the hotel was locked.
As people were leaving 2 women entered the hotel celery drunk and looking for a bathroom. The persons at the front desk could care less. They finally walked out after not finding it.
It's safe to say I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: You want a good room? Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stopped by to check in before a wedding, and asked where to park. We were given a map and told where several parking lots were and that they were around $50 per day to park there. We come back a few hours later and check in (after we park about 8 blocks away and walk with our luggage to the hotel). We are given 2 keys, one does not even work to open the door to the room. The elevator is ancient....it closes super fast and you need to hold it open (with alot of force) to get more than one person in the elevator, thankfully we didn't have tons of luggage. The carpet is torn, the sheets are stained, and the bathroom is dirty. At this point we are dissapointed, but tired, so we go to bed. My husband wakes up around 1:45am to use the restroom. While he is in there I hear him hollar....a rat ran from under the sink/vanity are behind the toilet. After it heard my husband it ran back under the sink/vanity. We tried to call the front desk, but the phone doesn't ring the front desk and there is no information on how to contact there by phone. We get dressed and go down to the front desk and explain our situation. We ask for another room, but are told there are no other rooms available. My in-laws live in the area, so we check out. The manager was not on duty, so we have to call back today to deal with getting our refund. Not happy at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!