“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

You added Chateau Dupre Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Dupre Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #148 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They didn't even have an elevator. I mean, isn't that illegal?!? I had to drag my luggage up 3 flights of stairs, although the staff did ask if I needed any help. I had to use a key to get into my room which was very outdated and took a while since the door lock was installed backwards. The faucet on the sink was tricky, you turn it to turn it on, but you can just keep turning out, it never "catches" to turn off and the water splatters everywhere so you get the whole sink and toilet wet. The bathroom door was too large for the frame and never shut. The shower also didn't work properly, similar to the faucet. We were next to the stairway, so we heard everyone's rolly luggage clack all the way up the stairs. And the walls are so thin; we could hear every drunken person speaking outside the door. There is no window, but I have stayed at hotel rooms like that. Since there is no window, you rely on the lamps for light and one of the 3 lamps outlets was not working. The closet was small but decent. The floors creaked; I almost thought I would fall through the floors. Carpet looks like it will die of aids soon. And it would have been nice to have had a cup to fill with water from the crappy faucet, too. Very interesting experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Not good. The sheets where clean and the bathroom was not filthy. The carpet was terrible. The people at desk where nice but not very professional as far as keys go. It was almost worth if for the location but the elevator did not work and that is a serious problem because you need to use the stairs that exit out onto the street and the DOORS ONTO STREET DO NOT LOCK. We survived it and it was worth it for the location but if you are fussy about cleanliness and smells it is a problem. Very grubby.

Boulder, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have traveled all over the world, in many 3rd world countries. This hotel was worse than most of those hotels! It was absolutely DISGUSTING! It smelled, paint was chipping, holes and stains all over the comforter and sheets, and what looked like blood spatter all over the curtains. It honestly looked like our room had been the setting of a murder. I have never stayed in such a HORRIBLE hotel EVER. Do not stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a destination wedding on Jackson Sq. The place was quaint, but really needs new carpeting, some cosmetic repairs, a new elevator, and some paint. The rooms had one painted over brick wall adding to the quaintness. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bushnell, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

While the hotel is nearby action it is not kept up maintenance-wise. Stains on carpets, tubs and walls. Mattress was old and lumpy. Elevator didn't work the first day we arrived. And it was extremely loud all night long.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

If you're open to a little rough around the edges, but want close in for a great value, this is for you. Went for a wedding and friends stayed close by for $175-300/night while this was $85/night. Were hardley in our room but to sleep anyways. The bed was comfortable and bedding was clean.

• Stayed October 2013
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

A more accurate rating for this hotel would be 2.5 stars: below average, but not poor. We got this hotel randomly on Priceline and after I read the reviews, I was freaking out, but I couldn't get out of it. The front desk staff was friendly to us. The first thing I did in the room was check for bugs/critters, but I found no roaches, bedbugs, mice or any evidence thereof. The room is shabby but the linens and towels were clean and the bathroom was clean (no hairs or anything gross). Our room was on the 4th floor. Yes, the elevator is old and smells funky. That's not really a deal breaker for me, though. The room can get a bit noisy with horns honking and general street noise from the French Quarter, which I think you would find of most hotels here. There was also a restaurant fume smell permeating the entire fourth floor in the evening when we came back from dinner, so I think they have some ventilation issues related to neighboring businesses. It either went away eventually or we got used to it.

I like a really nice hotel as much as the next person, but this was ok for me as a place to lay my head. The location is super convenient for NOLA nightlife, shopping, eating and fun. If you're really picky or used to consistently-maintained chains like Sheratons, Omnis, Hiltons, etc., this place might be a shock to you. But don't be too frightened of the harsh reviews.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!