“Not so great” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

You added Chateau Dupre Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Dupre Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #148 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Bushnell, Florida
“Not so great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

While the hotel is nearby action it is not kept up maintenance-wise. Stains on carpets, tubs and walls. Mattress was old and lumpy. Elevator didn't work the first day we arrived. And it was extremely loud all night long.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

If you're open to a little rough around the edges, but want close in for a great value, this is for you. Went for a wedding and friends stayed close by for $175-300/night while this was $85/night. Were hardley in our room but to sleep anyways. The bed was comfortable and bedding was clean.

• Stayed October 2013
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

A more accurate rating for this hotel would be 2.5 stars: below average, but not poor. We got this hotel randomly on Priceline and after I read the reviews, I was freaking out, but I couldn't get out of it. The front desk staff was friendly to us. The first thing I did in the room was check for bugs/critters, but I found no roaches, bedbugs, mice or any evidence thereof. The room is shabby but the linens and towels were clean and the bathroom was clean (no hairs or anything gross). Our room was on the 4th floor. Yes, the elevator is old and smells funky. That's not really a deal breaker for me, though. The room can get a bit noisy with horns honking and general street noise from the French Quarter, which I think you would find of most hotels here. There was also a restaurant fume smell permeating the entire fourth floor in the evening when we came back from dinner, so I think they have some ventilation issues related to neighboring businesses. It either went away eventually or we got used to it.

I like a really nice hotel as much as the next person, but this was ok for me as a place to lay my head. The location is super convenient for NOLA nightlife, shopping, eating and fun. If you're really picky or used to consistently-maintained chains like Sheratons, Omnis, Hiltons, etc., this place might be a shock to you. But don't be too frightened of the harsh reviews.

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This place was a DISGRACE!! My husband and I came to New Orleans for week 1 of the NFL season we checked in at 3:15 and checked out 4:00. The smell got me at the door but I decided to give it a chance, the elevator almost closed on me more than once. So we get to this disgusting room, carpet filthy, curtains dirty, dark, dreary, nothing like the pictures!!! We decided we try to get drunk and just try to deal that's when the mouse came to visit that was it for me!! When I called front desk to complain I was offered another room on another floor!!! REALLY like they don't travel floor to floor!!! We got the hell out of there and I have asked bookit.com to remove this hotel from their website as it is nowhere near up to their usual standards!! I would not stay here for free or recommend to anyone!!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves at least update the photos online so people know what to expect!!! The location was awesome but not enough to forget everything else going on!!! Close this place and clean and exterminate ASAP!!! Just terrible

• Stayed September 2013
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Got a good price online, so we thought we'd give it a try. Worst mistake, ever! The hotel is old, and very, very dirty. The smell hits you as soon as you walk into the lobby. An old, mildew, rancid smell. Have to literally jump into the elevator as fast as you can or it tries to bite your arm off. Once in the elevator, you will need to hold your breath all the way to your floor. Don't dare take your shoes off because the carpet hasn't been cleaned in years, if ever. There we're huge roaches crawling around the floor in our room. We actually kept our luggage on our bed to try to keep it roach free. Couldn't sleep because you're wondering all night what might drop down from the ceiling or crawl up the wall and onto you! This place is GROSS! If I Coukd have given it a worse star rating I would have done so.

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After getting a hold of them they gave me back the money for 1 night so at least they were honest about it and efficient. The place was great for the location and would have been amazing if renovated. I really hope they do because the potential is great with this place

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!