“Not as bad as I feared” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

Expedia.com Tingo.com
Chateau Dupre Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #141 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Akron, Ohio
“Not as bad as I feared”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

A more accurate rating for this hotel would be 2.5 stars: below average, but not poor. We got this hotel randomly on Priceline and after I read the reviews, I was freaking out, but I couldn't get out of it. The front desk staff was friendly to us. The first thing I did in the room was check for bugs/critters, but I found no roaches, bedbugs, mice or any evidence thereof. The room is shabby but the linens and towels were clean and the bathroom was clean (no hairs or anything gross). Our room was on the 4th floor. Yes, the elevator is old and smells funky. That's not really a deal breaker for me, though. The room can get a bit noisy with horns honking and general street noise from the French Quarter, which I think you would find of most hotels here. There was also a restaurant fume smell permeating the entire fourth floor in the evening when we came back from dinner, so I think they have some ventilation issues related to neighboring businesses. It either went away eventually or we got used to it.

I like a really nice hotel as much as the next person, but this was ok for me as a place to lay my head. The location is super convenient for NOLA nightlife, shopping, eating and fun. If you're really picky or used to consistently-maintained chains like Sheratons, Omnis, Hiltons, etc., this place might be a shock to you. But don't be too frightened of the harsh reviews.

• Stayed October 2013

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This place was a DISGRACE!! My husband and I came to New Orleans for week 1 of the NFL season we checked in at 3:15 and checked out 4:00. The smell got me at the door but I decided to give it a chance, the elevator almost closed on me more than once. So we get to this disgusting room, carpet filthy, curtains dirty, dark, dreary, nothing like the pictures!!! We decided we try to get drunk and just try to deal that's when the mouse came to visit that was it for me!! When I called front desk to complain I was offered another room on another floor!!! REALLY like they don't travel floor to floor!!! We got the hell out of there and I have asked bookit.com to remove this hotel from their website as it is nowhere near up to their usual standards!! I would not stay here for free or recommend to anyone!!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves at least update the photos online so people know what to expect!!! The location was awesome but not enough to forget everything else going on!!! Close this place and clean and exterminate ASAP!!! Just terrible

• Stayed September 2013
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Got a good price online, so we thought we'd give it a try. Worst mistake, ever! The hotel is old, and very, very dirty. The smell hits you as soon as you walk into the lobby. An old, mildew, rancid smell. Have to literally jump into the elevator as fast as you can or it tries to bite your arm off. Once in the elevator, you will need to hold your breath all the way to your floor. Don't dare take your shoes off because the carpet hasn't been cleaned in years, if ever. There we're huge roaches crawling around the floor in our room. We actually kept our luggage on our bed to try to keep it roach free. Couldn't sleep because you're wondering all night what might drop down from the ceiling or crawl up the wall and onto you! This place is GROSS! If I Coukd have given it a worse star rating I would have done so.

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After getting a hold of them they gave me back the money for 1 night so at least they were honest about it and efficient. The place was great for the location and would have been amazing if renovated. I really hope they do because the potential is great with this place

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I thought maybe it is just me......this hotel is in need of repair! lots of repair! some sites have it listed as a 3 star hotel! no frekin way! I will never stay again unless someone buys it and repairs it. I am not a picky person. the bathroom is horrible diguisguing. this place is old old old worn down. it has an old new Orleans that could be nice. needs lots of work. service front desk was young people that didn't care. value...... well if u don't mind nasty. sleep quality........ prayed that spiders and roaches and god knows whatever else from the bed wouldn't bother me during the night. cleanliness..... the bathroom is gross like worse than a campground hairs etc 1978 never updated gross. location... ok rooms very roomy just musty gross feeling.

Room Tip: not worth the money! Spend a few extra dollars for a better hotel!!! if u cant afford anything else...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, location could not be any better! The hotel is old, but charming. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Hotel staff were great and beyond helpful. The rooms were very antique looking, clean and beds comfortable. My only dislike was our room did have a slight musty smell to it, but other than that I loved the place. The lift shuts quickly which I appreciated as I've had so many slow ones over my America trip.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!