“Close this place down and get extensive exterminating and cleaning done ASAP” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Orleans
Chateau Dupre Hotel
You added Chateau Dupre Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #146 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Close this place down and get extensive exterminating and cleaning done ASAP”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place was a DISGRACE!! My husband and I came to New Orleans for week 1 of the NFL season we checked in at 3:15 and checked out 4:00. The smell got me at the door but I decided to give it a chance, the elevator almost closed on me more than once. So we get to this disgusting room, carpet filthy, curtains dirty, dark, dreary, nothing like the pictures!!! We decided we try to get drunk and just try to deal that's when the mouse came to visit that was it for me!! When I called front desk to complain I was offered another room on another floor!!! REALLY like they don't travel floor to floor!!! We got the hell out of there and I have asked bookit.com to remove this hotel from their website as it is nowhere near up to their usual standards!! I would not stay here for free or recommend to anyone!!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves at least update the photos online so people know what to expect!!! The location was awesome but not enough to forget everything else going on!!! Close this place and clean and exterminate ASAP!!! Just terrible

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Got a good price online, so we thought we'd give it a try. Worst mistake, ever! The hotel is old, and very, very dirty. The smell hits you as soon as you walk into the lobby. An old, mildew, rancid smell. Have to literally jump into the elevator as fast as you can or it tries to bite your arm off. Once in the elevator, you will need to hold your breath all the way to your floor. Don't dare take your shoes off because the carpet hasn't been cleaned in years, if ever. There we're huge roaches crawling around the floor in our room. We actually kept our luggage on our bed to try to keep it roach free. Couldn't sleep because you're wondering all night what might drop down from the ceiling or crawl up the wall and onto you! This place is GROSS! If I Coukd have given it a worse star rating I would have done so.

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After getting a hold of them they gave me back the money for 1 night so at least they were honest about it and efficient. The place was great for the location and would have been amazing if renovated. I really hope they do because the potential is great with this place

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I thought maybe it is just me......this hotel is in need of repair! lots of repair! some sites have it listed as a 3 star hotel! no frekin way! I will never stay again unless someone buys it and repairs it. I am not a picky person. the bathroom is horrible diguisguing. this place is old old old worn down. it has an old new Orleans that could be nice. needs lots of work. service front desk was young people that didn't care. value...... well if u don't mind nasty. sleep quality........ prayed that spiders and roaches and god knows whatever else from the bed wouldn't bother me during the night. cleanliness..... the bathroom is gross like worse than a campground hairs etc 1978 never updated gross. location... ok rooms very roomy just musty gross feeling.

Room Tip: not worth the money! Spend a few extra dollars for a better hotel!!! if u cant afford anything else...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, location could not be any better! The hotel is old, but charming. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Hotel staff were great and beyond helpful. The rooms were very antique looking, clean and beds comfortable. My only dislike was our room did have a slight musty smell to it, but other than that I loved the place. The lift shuts quickly which I appreciated as I've had so many slow ones over my America trip.

• Stayed July 2013
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

First room was not cleaned, bed not made, etc. Front staff immediately moved us to another room which was clean. Facility overall is just okay. Location is great, parking is a rip off at $25 per day. Small rooms but that's to be expected in New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!