“Decent stay for the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chateau Dupre Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Dupre Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #146 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Pensacola, Florida
“Decent stay for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

First room was not cleaned, bed not made, etc. Front staff immediately moved us to another room which was clean. Facility overall is just okay. Location is great, parking is a rip off at $25 per day. Small rooms but that's to be expected in New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed for the Fourth of July weekend. The location was convient , but that is the only positive thing I can say about this rat trap . We checked in and the first room the toilet didn't flush properly, they claimed to have fixed it while we were out sightseeing. It still wasn't fixed, so we were moved to another room. That room was fine except the uncomfortable beds, nasty carpet, the elevator nearly closing on various limbs, and the smell that was a cross of roach spray and mildew. That Friday morning we were visited by a giant roach, and the maintenance worker had the nerve to ask me if he could use my sandal to squash the bug.(smh) that evening 2 more visitors graced us with their presence.... A mouse and another giant roach. We called maintenance again. When the employee finally came in he claimed they went back into the wall and it was New Orleans what did we expect. We were moved once more, just to see more giant bugs. We checked out later that night and went to stay with a friend . Hands down it is the nastiest, hotel I have ever stayed in. I wouldn't wish our experience on my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked Chateau Dupre online and got a pretty good price considering how close it is to everything. The hotel is only a couple blocks away from the Toulouse Wharf. The customer service was great. We had two separate rooms booked and both were gorgeous with exposed brick and high ceilings. The room did not seem the absolute cleanest that it could be but I was satisfied. My room was right off of Decatur St. and at night it was pretty loud, but I expected that considering this was The French Quarter and this was an old building. The other room our group booked was not facing Decatur and was much quieter, however I did like looking out of my window on to Decatur. The concierge was very nice on our last day and held our luggage (many bags) after check out. This was by far the best priced hotel we found in The French Quarter and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms not on Decatur St. are much quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here June 8th-10th... I'm not sure if every other room in this hotel was trashed or what, but I had no problems, the staff was super accommodating, and my room wasn't dirty. I requested additional towels since there were three of us, and the towels I got were not stained, gross, or otherwise unlike any other towel i have received at a hotel. I stayed on the 4th floor. I was told by the front desk that the key system was a little different (there were 3 different locks on my door, and the key I was given was like a front door key, not a plastic key card) but I wasn't terribly concerned over the key system, anyway. I did notice there weren't any other rooms on my floor with the same key system. I found that to be a bit odd. my bathroom looked to be remodeled, there was no mold. as previous reviews have mentioned, the elevator will slam shut on you. I found this to be a pro rather than a con, because I don't like holding elevators for people who don't walk fast enough for me. the electrical outlets that are not in the bathroom need to be updated, though. my phone charger would not stay in any of the outlets, it just fell out, but we solved that by charging our phones in the bathroom. Overall, I found this hotel to be charming rather than disgusting, and I quite enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2013
Illinois City, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

There are no words to describe this hotel. I don't even know where to start. I guess I start with the positive just because. Location is great, staff accommodating and friendly. Fiancé' paid $125 a night for this hotel as a birthday vacation for me. We booked on Priceline name your own price, advertised hotel as a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel. Doubletree suites have that star rating. Researched hotel online to see reviews, goodness gracious only if we would have known prior to we would not have booked. First time to NOLA, wanted something with a little NOLA charm. Watch out for the elevator, it can close on ya quickly watch your hand. The first room they put us in was smelly, like mold. TV would not work all we saw was static, checked the back where the cable connection was and observed aluminum foil wrapped around the connection between tv and cable cord, WHAT.. pulled a towel from the bathroom and noticed it was dirty with some brown stains. Windows were rotting away, dust everywhere and did I mention the smell of mold, ahhh yes I did. We went back downstairs to the front desk and the young lady was so sweet and accommodating to us, end up getting another room 315, smell was still the same but it seemed to be a little and I mean a little bit better. Although the mattress were stained, bathroom grout had what looked like mold or dirt growing between, bathtub wore a dirt ring around, curtains were stained with something, window had aluminum foil in window corner to seal I guess what was a hole, you could actually pull the tv out and extend it from the little dresser, looked behind it and observed a cig butt and ashes, so If you actually cleaned this room why didn't you notice this, plus I could have sworn this hotel was non smoking and oh did I mention the smell, ahhh yes I did. For $125 a night this was not good at all. The owner of the hotel should be ashamed or himself for the upkeep of this hotel. This hotel has so much potential but the upkeep is HORRIBLE. Just because a hotel is old doesn't mean it has to be nasty, rundown and at the bottom of the barrel. I could write more but I'm tired of typing. I just want to warn folks about this abomination. I'm not some uptight person who turns my nose up at things, I just want quality and cleanliness for what we paid and if you are paying $125 a night for this hotel it should be better than this. We called Priceline many times prior to and voiced our concerns, they stood by the 3-3 1/2 star ranking. Funny how I searched this hotel on the Priceline site once back home and it magically disappeared off site, couldn't find it. Overall I had a wonderful time in NOLA, will definitely be back but will not be staying at this hotel, oh and did I mention all night my fiancé' swore he felt something poking him in his side while he was asleep, but then again it may have been the EVERCLEAR............

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kutztown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Outdated. Dirty. Unsanitary towels/bed sheets.
Great Location in the French Q, but there are plenty of other great hotels in the area.
You will hear everyone in the hallways and everything outside.
Staff was not friendly and it seemed to a bother getting a taxi pack to the airport upon checkout.
This was my 4th trip to NOLA and I will never give this hotel another penny.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It definitely was not a cheap stay! 600bucks for 2 nights. Sure it was jazz fest but come on! The pipe of the sink wasn't linked to the wall so all the used water was going on the floor~!!!! We arrived at 1am so gave up on taking a shower or dealing with this crappy expensive room until the next morning. Then the front desk gave me keys to another room.....she obviously made a mistake as the room had not yet been cleaned. Third room was alright with pipes properly maintained....
The only great thing is the location but definitely not worth 600bucks! I saw many other hotels so definitely look elsewhere

Room Tip: Not 217 because too noisy giving on main st and broken pipes, 218 room just ext door, same deal, 212...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!