“Please Stay Away From This Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Dupre Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chateau Dupre Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Dupre Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Inn French Quarter) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #145 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Illinois City, Illinois
“Please Stay Away From This Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

There are no words to describe this hotel. I don't even know where to start. I guess I start with the positive just because. Location is great, staff accommodating and friendly. Fiancé' paid $125 a night for this hotel as a birthday vacation for me. We booked on Priceline name your own price, advertised hotel as a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel. Doubletree suites have that star rating. Researched hotel online to see reviews, goodness gracious only if we would have known prior to we would not have booked. First time to NOLA, wanted something with a little NOLA charm. Watch out for the elevator, it can close on ya quickly watch your hand. The first room they put us in was smelly, like mold. TV would not work all we saw was static, checked the back where the cable connection was and observed aluminum foil wrapped around the connection between tv and cable cord, WHAT.. pulled a towel from the bathroom and noticed it was dirty with some brown stains. Windows were rotting away, dust everywhere and did I mention the smell of mold, ahhh yes I did. We went back downstairs to the front desk and the young lady was so sweet and accommodating to us, end up getting another room 315, smell was still the same but it seemed to be a little and I mean a little bit better. Although the mattress were stained, bathroom grout had what looked like mold or dirt growing between, bathtub wore a dirt ring around, curtains were stained with something, window had aluminum foil in window corner to seal I guess what was a hole, you could actually pull the tv out and extend it from the little dresser, looked behind it and observed a cig butt and ashes, so If you actually cleaned this room why didn't you notice this, plus I could have sworn this hotel was non smoking and oh did I mention the smell, ahhh yes I did. For $125 a night this was not good at all. The owner of the hotel should be ashamed or himself for the upkeep of this hotel. This hotel has so much potential but the upkeep is HORRIBLE. Just because a hotel is old doesn't mean it has to be nasty, rundown and at the bottom of the barrel. I could write more but I'm tired of typing. I just want to warn folks about this abomination. I'm not some uptight person who turns my nose up at things, I just want quality and cleanliness for what we paid and if you are paying $125 a night for this hotel it should be better than this. We called Priceline many times prior to and voiced our concerns, they stood by the 3-3 1/2 star ranking. Funny how I searched this hotel on the Priceline site once back home and it magically disappeared off site, couldn't find it. Overall I had a wonderful time in NOLA, will definitely be back but will not be staying at this hotel, oh and did I mention all night my fiancé' swore he felt something poking him in his side while he was asleep, but then again it may have been the EVERCLEAR............

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kutztown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Outdated. Dirty. Unsanitary towels/bed sheets.
Great Location in the French Q, but there are plenty of other great hotels in the area.
You will hear everyone in the hallways and everything outside.
Staff was not friendly and it seemed to a bother getting a taxi pack to the airport upon checkout.
This was my 4th trip to NOLA and I will never give this hotel another penny.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It definitely was not a cheap stay! 600bucks for 2 nights. Sure it was jazz fest but come on! The pipe of the sink wasn't linked to the wall so all the used water was going on the floor~!!!! We arrived at 1am so gave up on taking a shower or dealing with this crappy expensive room until the next morning. Then the front desk gave me keys to another room.....she obviously made a mistake as the room had not yet been cleaned. Third room was alright with pipes properly maintained....
The only great thing is the location but definitely not worth 600bucks! I saw many other hotels so definitely look elsewhere

Room Tip: Not 217 because too noisy giving on main st and broken pipes, 218 room just ext door, same deal, 212...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The carpet had stains, the first night a towel was stained, the bed boxspring had plastic on it, the tvs were outdated, the beds were uncomfortable. In my estimation old, outdated, and motel 6 would be considered luxury.

• Stayed May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location was great for us and we just wanted a place to stay that was cheap, where we could shower and sleep so we did not spend much time in the room. It is a very old hotel but that is what we expected. Looks like this hotel has been through a lot from parties, etc. but us ladies had no major issues with the place. Did have to ask for extra towels one day because there were 4 of us in the room but after that we just left a nice note to housekeeping each day and we got our towels; also ran low on hot water after showers. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice to all of us. The bar/restaurant next to the hotel was very nice to have a drink, etc. before going out. The elevator door does close very fast so you have to jump on quickly or have someone hold the open button for you while you get on...the front desk staff informed us about this before hand. We all enjoyed our stay and had a great time in New Orleans!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Redondo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

we stayed there may 2013. the staff good.. the rooms..yikes..and GOOD GOD watch the elevator the door will slam shut FAST !!!!! Room had enough dust on lamps, bathroom lights, floors that if you have allergies beware. Phone broken, hair dryer broken, lamp shades broken, bedspread has BURN holes even though it is a no smoking room.. only good thing is the location............

Room Tip: not worth the money folks (no pool or fitness center by the way not sure why i had to grade that par...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The only positive comment I can make about this hotel is that it is in a good location, you are right in the French Quarter. Otherwise it is run down, dirty, moldy. I had to change room 3 times to be able to have a bit of comfort, I woke up in the morning with a couple of small cockroaches crawling on my leg...Most of the TV channels did not work and when they did it was all foggy.
I was charged $269.00 per night because it was Jazz Fest.

Room Tip: There is a decent restaurant next door where you can have breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Chateau Dupre Hotel? Share your experiences!