“Great Hotel just one little problem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel just one little problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I wish I could give 4.5 because I really did love the Bourbon Orleans but I have one major complaint. First of all we booked this hotel very last min when we got to New Orleans and didn't love our other hotel. The good- the most amazing location between the beauty of the French Quarter and the party of Bourbon St. The people are so nice and helpful. We had a minor wait when we checked in because of our last min booking and were immediately given drink coupons. The pool is very nice with lots of shade or sun whichever you are looking for. The rooms are nice enough- they are a little outdated but clean and well appointed.

The only complaint I have is how loud the room was. We were in a two floor suite on the west side of the hotel and it was so loud we couldn't sleep. The walls to the hallway and the window to the street were so thin we could hear everything. We slept with two noise machines on to drowned out the noise but it was still crazy. We should have asked for a new room but we were only there for two days and didn't want to spend a bunch of time switching rooms. In hindsight that was a mistake because we were so tiered after two days without sleep. One time I looked outside to see what was so loud that is made the whole room shake and it was just a man rolling a suitcase past.

My recommendation would be to stay at this hotel for sure BUT make sure you don't have a super loud room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed over the long Easter weekend. Was so favorably impressed with the staff across the board even at such a busy time. Very speedy and responsive to special requests. Great concierge. Excellent room service breakfast (ate out at other meals to partake of the many superb French Quarter restaurants). Outstanding bar/lounge. Will definitely stay there again when next in New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2014
Porter Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My son stayed here on his way out West. He found it via yelp reviews. Enjoyed it so much, when he and I headed back to the east coast, we stayed here. I found the hotel delightful with old school French charm while having 21st century amenities, like free WiFi, iced tea in the lobby and an up to date pool area. Fantastic location in the French Quarter. Couldn't ask for or find a better location. Very quiet even though only 1/2 of a block from Bourbon St. Didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, so can't give any feedback. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the courtyard. Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

A very good location, two blocks from Jackson Square and several blocks from Bourbon and Royal Streets so late night activity noise is not as much.

The building is an old one remodeled to have the perfect New Orleans look similar to Spanish and South of France hotels.

Room Tip: Room with balcony has more noise, but view of Cathedral on Jackson Square is excellent. It is off Bo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear RLS193,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Bourbon Orleans. We have worked with our ownership to ensure our hotel has an authentically French Quarter look and feel, designed to complement our a unique architecture. I am happy you enjoyed our property and hope you will tell all your friends and family in Illinois to come visit us!
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I only stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for 1 night. The hotel is beautiful with an excellent, friendly staff who are willing to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The pool is beautiful also. If I ever visit New Orleans again, I would stay here for a couple of nights. If I stay here again, I will definately get a room with a balcony that faces Bourbon stay, only to "experience" New Orleans.

Room Tip: This is a good place to stay! Inside rooms are much quieter than balcony rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Teresa R,

Thank you for staying with us during your brief visit to the exciting French Quarter. Come back soon for an extended stay, and our concierge will help you build a fun itinerary!
Woodland Park, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife, my four year old daughter and myself recently went to New Orleans for a week and what an AMAZING week it was. Now first off, I know New Orleans has the reputation for being a crazy, party town and not being family friendly, but if you believe that, you are sorely mistaken. Now Bourbon Street is crazy and may not be somewhere to spend your nights with children, but that particular craziness is kept on that street and can be easily avoided. There are so many things for families to do (alligator excursion, zoo, aquarium, insectarium, children's museum, Mardi Gras float museum, guided tours, etc) that we found ourselves busy all week. However, our absolute favorite thing we did all week was to walk the French Quarter, eating great food, listening to the numerous street musicians and browsing in the many different shops. One of the very first things I noticed in New Orleans was how nice EVERYONE was. I don't know if it is southern hospitality or just living in such a great city, but they were some of the nicest people I ever met. From the restaurant workers and shop owners, who will direct you other shops if they do not have what you are looking for, to the homeless people on the street. Just about everyone showed my family respect and greeted us with a smile and a hello while walking down the street. The man on the alligator tour told us that people in Louisiana have each other's back and it sure seemed that way to me.
Now onto the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. This being my family's first visit to New Orleans, we did not know where to stay. After researching several hotels, we chose the Bourbon Orleans because it seemed to be centrally located and they received many positive reviews on Tripadvisor. I truly cannot say enough positive things about this beautiful hotel. The location is dead center in the middle of the French Quarter. Everything is within walking distance. Bourbon Street is one block away and we never were bothered by any noise during our week stay. On the other end of the block is Jackson Square where there are musicians, artists and performers daily. Walk one more block and you are at the world famous Cafe Du Monde. Their coffee and beignets are amazing, but be warned extremely addictive! Beware! Back to the hotel. The staff were extremely courtesy and attentive to our every need, of which there weren't many due to the fact that everything in the hotel was on point! Our room was on the first floor and, I do not know what I did to deserve this but, we were in one of four rooms that had a rear door giving direct access to the pool in the courtyard. The front desk told me that you can request one of these rooms and I highly suggest it! The courtyard and pool were beautiful and well kept. The lobby of the hotel was immaculate and the decor was amazing. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant, but we did order room service one night and the food was very good as well. I can go on and on but if you are looking for a centrally located hotel with a friendly and courteous staff, is beautiful and homey, look no further. Like I said earlier, I really cannot say enough goo things about this hotel nor can I recommend it any higher. My family travels frequently and the Bourbon Orleans ranks highly on our list of favorite hotels. we will definitely be making a return trip.

Room Tip: Four rooms on the first floor have private entrance into the courtyard/pool area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Ron B,

Thank you for your very detailed comments about New Orleans and the Bourbon Orleans. Certainly our destination is so much more then Bourbon Street and I am delighted you have pointed out what a terrific family destination our city really can be. From History and Architecture, to Museums and River activities our city has something of interest for everyone. I am happy you enjoyed your poolside guestroom and the friendliness of our staff. All of us in New Orleans appreciate our visitors and are happy to share our version of Southern Hospitality. Please let all your friends and family in New Jersey know we are ready to serve them!
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

my hotel was lovely, but the phone system did not work. , after having the enginer staff to try and fix it. with no sucess they moved me to another room. The bourbon orleans hotel made me feel safe as the nite time security was wonderful. get to be screened coming in hotel lobby at nite for all hotel guests...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Drew C,

Thank you for coming to see us from Canada. Our neighbors to the North enjoy our city and share some of ours unique culture. Our guests safety is very important to us and I am happy to hear you felt very comfortable with our property and the processes we have in place to ensure our security. Come back and see us again soon!

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!