“Best French Quarter Location! Fabulous Pool!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Best French Quarter Location! Fabulous Pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time a couple of weeks ago and is was such a great stay! You can not beat the convenience to all things in the French Quarter! This was our first time to stay so close the action! We have loved coming to New Orleans for many years but this was a treat! The pool was also fabulous and was one of the main reasons we picked this hotel! I'm glad this ended up as our choice! We will be back!

Stayed August 2013
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I am so happy to hear that our hotel was your choice for your visit to New Orleans and as you mentioned, turned out to be the perfect location. Since we are in the "Heart of the French Quarter", you are steps away from all the best shopping, dining and entertainment this area has to offer. Our beautiful courtyard saltwater pool is the perfect way to relax after a long day of sightseeing and people watching. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to the Big Easy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
Daytona Beach, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I usually like modern hotels such as W or Loews type hotels, but I figured I'd give this one a shot. I wasn't sorry. Great little remodeled rooms with nice amenities, a perfect location for Bourbon Street, and walking distance to every shop, restaurant, or bar you could ever want. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for being a recent guest and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our newly renovated rooms offer our guests the latest in modern amenities while keeping the "Old World Charm" look and feel of our Historic Hotel. Located in the heart of the French Quarter, you are walking distance to all the sights, sounds and excitement of the area. We look forward to having you back in the future!
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Love the Bourbon Orleans Hotel! This was my second stay. Took this trip with my sister who has cancer so we wanted a terrace room with a view of Bourbon street. They put us in a room on St Ann street and we could see Bourbon from the Terrance. If you have trouble sleeping with loud noise this is not the room for you. It was very loud at night but we knew that going in and we loved the view of the nightlife. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The beds are very comfortable although the pillows are too fluffy for my liking. We had a package that included breakfast both days and it was very good! And there is a buffet on the weekends. Our Server, Tim was excellent. He checked on us several times during our meal and was very pleasant and even remembered us the next morning.
The staff at this hotel are wonderful. We were greeted every time we reentered the hotel. They bellmen always opened the door for us. We also have free drink coupons and the bar had a nice piano player and singer and you can sit at a table with the window open to Bourbon street so you can enjoy the fun without being in the middle of it.
Also the location is great! Will definitely stay at the Bourbon Orleans on my next NOLA visit!

Room Tip: The Terrace was worth the extra charge, it was small but perfect for 2 people and the breeze was ver...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for being a loyal guest and for taking the time to write a great review about your most recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you and your sister enjoyed the Balcony Loft Suite which gives a wonderful view of all the sights and sounds of the streets of the French Quarter. It's a great way to enjoy all the excitement without having to be in the thick of the crowds. Our many packages offer extras such as Breakfast or Parking or Dinner or Tours, etc., so the value adds up when selecting one that best suits your needs. I will be sure to thank Tim, one of our restaurant servers, for taking good care of you along with the rest of our staff. All our guests receive complimentary drink coupons, a little "lagniappe", so you can enjoy a drink on us and relax in our elegant, non-smoking bar. We look forward to having you both back as our guests!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My partner and I travel a lot and stay at hotels all the time so we've come to know what's good, better and the BEST! The Bourbon Orleans is truly one of the BEST. From the moment we arrived they went out of their way to accommodate our every need. From the right room to the surprise bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room, it was as if they could read our minds.
So many packages at hotels include breakfast which typically feature continental options like pastries and fruit, maybe eggs. At the Bourbon Orleans, breakfast is a sit down and be served experience with choices like omelets and pancakes that are really good! Our server Yamini was such a sweetheart and made the morning a great start to a fun day in the Big Easy. She'd even open the huge French doors of the dining room so the biking balledier could sing in the morning with some beautiful and soulful tunes! Thanx Yamini!
The salt water pool was a great way to cool down after some site seeing and the staff at the front desk was just non-stop making sure we were having a blast! Which we did the entire trip!
Becca June, fellow Portlander, at the bar was fun to hang out with as was the rest of the bartenders.
As you can probably deduce, we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013
It is so wonderful to read the great comments about your recent stay at our hotel and I thank you for taking the time to write your review! Our hotel is a true treasure located in the heart of the French Quarter putting you just steps away from everything that makes this area of New Orleans so special. We offer many packages that include Breakfast or Parking or Dinner or Tours, etc. so be sure to check our website often to see our specials. Our beautiful courtyard saltwater pool is a wonderful oasis after a day of strolling the streets on warm summer days. I will be sure to pass along your thanks to Yamini in our restaurant. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon!
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I just returned from spending our 26th anniversary at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. I read many reviews here on tripadvisor for guidance. Firstly, I read about the wonderful complimentary breakfast. We booked through expedia and the breakfast is not part of the plan. I emailed the hotel and asked if there was a complimentary hotel transfer from the airport. There is not. There is a link on their hotel page for ground transportation through Airport Shuttle New Orleans. It would have cost $40 there and $36 back for the 2 of us. Scott Campbell replied in a timely manner and suggested a cab was more efficient and probably cheaper. Indeed it was as we were charged a flat rate of $33 each way with no wait time, even when we left at 5:30 A.M. I requested a room overlooking the pool and away from the elevators and ice machine. Room 240 was provided and it was fantastic. It was clean and spacious and houskeeping was very efficient. The bed was comfortable and if you didn't know you were on the corner of Bourbon and Orleans in the middle of the French Quarter, you would not know Bourbon street was even there as it was very quiet. I read that there was no mini-fridge in the room so I brought a collapsable cooler bag which was ideal and kept it in the bathroom full of ice. We brought party-sized insulated drink cups with us and stocked up at a party store a block away. Each day the room was restocked with 2 bottles of water. The elevators are very loud! Definitely request a room away from them! The saltwater pool was wonderful. The chaise lounge chairs had towel covers and there were always fresh towels available. Great way to beat the N.O. heat! If you need information on ANYTHING, visit the concierge Ron Laigaie! He is virtually a wealth of information on tours, restaurants, directions etc... We got our tickets for the hop on - hop off bus tour with him. (see my attraction reviews) and the Pearl River Eco-Tours swamp excursion. Both were excellent. Ron booked reservations for us at Commanders Palace for our anniversary dinner and provided directions and maps. I couldn't get the remote to play a pay per view channel so I called the front desk. Other than telling me to shut off the tv and turn it back on again, they were not helpful. I told them that didn't resolve the issue and was told there was nothing they could do. There are 2 computers in the lobby for guest use. It is free to print your boarding passes but you have to pay for personal useage. The craziness of Bourbon street is right outside the front door, no need for a car. You can walk everywhere or hop on a bicycle carriage. We found the atmosphere on Frenchmen street was much better than Bourbon. Check out the Spotted Cat and DBA nightclubs on Frenchmen! Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Bourbon Orleans and are confident to reccommend it to you! A minifridge in the room and complimentary airport shuttle are the suggestions I have for the hotel to consider.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool! Definitely away fro the elevators!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write your detailed review about your recent visit to our hotel to celebrate your 26th anniversary. I am very happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and that our accommodations were up to your expectations. Our interior courtyard rooms are very quiet considering you are in a Bourbon Street hotel amid all the activity and excitement of the French Quarter. It's great to hear our Concierge was able to assist you with your tours and dinner and helped to make this a memorable experience for you and your wife. I will be sure to pass along your thanks to him. We are planning to add mini refrigerators to most of our guest rooms so your suggestion is one that will be fulfilled. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future when your travels bring you back to New Orleans!
Uxbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my first visit to New Orleans so obviously first trip to Mardi Gras. We stayed at the Bourbon and it was absolutely fantastic. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The valet parking was a little expensive, however, it seems to be the norm. Everything is within walking distance so unless you want to go outside of the French Quarter, you never have to take your car out until you leave. The only complaint I would have about the Bourbon is their security ... when you check into the hotel they give you a wristband which you have to show to the front door staff when you come back to the hotel (no problem with that), however, if you go into the bar from Bourbon Street, you can walk right through the bar and into the hotel without anyone checking for a wristband. We addressed this issue to the front door staff and they just kind of looked at us like we were nuts! Other then that ... hotel was awesome and would definitely stay again (hopefully Mardi Gras 2014)

Room Tip: We had a pool view room, very quiet and did not hear any street noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review regarding your stay at our hotel during Mardi Gras 2013. As you mentioned, we are located in the heart of the French Quarter which puts our guests in the perfect location to observe all the excitement and activity surrounding the biggest free party on earth! We have looked into the issue you mentioned about the door security from the bar and this will be handled differently next year. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
Wiggins, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Bourbon Orleans is one of the Gem's in the French Quarter. Centrally located for ease of foot exploration and professionally staffed to accommodate any need. Having frequented the Bourbon Orleans prior to its renovations I was amazed to see the investment this French Quarter beauty has undergone. I would highly recommend the Bourbon Orleans to anyone.

Room Tip: All King Rooms have marble walk in showers.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a great review of our hotel! As you mentioned, we are located in the "heart" of the French Quarter which makes us the perfect location to walk to all the area has to offer. Having been a guest of the hotel prior to our recent renovations, I am happy you are pleased with the "new look" and modern amenities we provide while keeping the Historic Charm of our French Quarter Treasure. I look forward to having you back as our guest the next time you are in town!

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!