“Awesome Hotel and Great Location to Boot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #5 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awesome Hotel and Great Location to Boot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just spent 4 nights at the Bourbon Orleans and our overall opinion of the hotel was great. The staff was incredible... beginning with the guys out front taking care of luggage and valet parking, front desk, wait staff at breakfast, Mark serving drinks at the pool to the person who cleaned our room daily. Sorry I can't remember all of your names but you were all great!! We had a room with a balcony which provided plenty of room and quite possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. My wife wanted to buy the pillow from them! The breakfast was awesome each morning. I could go on and on about everything we liked about this hotel. Only two minor complaints. 1. We were VERY close to Bourbon street and weren't prepared for the noise at night... especially on Saturday night. The next three nights were a little better. 2. It would be nice if someone hosed the pool deck down nightly or early the next morning. There deck around the tables and chairs appeared to be dirty first thing in the morning. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room further away from Bourbon for a little quieter night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (953)
Kenner, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We enjoyed our "Romantic Rendezvous" package tremendously at the Bourbon Orleans. It was a treat to remain local and experience the charm of the French Quarter and southern hospitality from a "visitor's" perspective. From drinks to meals, to service to parking, the Bourbon Orleans accommodated! We hope to re-book annually.

Rayne, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We reserved a block of rooms for my daughter's wedding. There were several guests attending from out-of-state, and we thought that this central location would be convenient for them. I think that everyone had a great experience. The staff was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Our room was clean and well-appointed. The location is terrific, and everything we did was within walking distance. My only disappointment is that I was told we were being offered a "special rate" due to the booking of several rooms, and a close friend who booked individually at the same hotel was given a better rate with more perks. I feel as though I may have done a dis-service to the family members by recommending that they book under our party name.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Don't be fooled by the word 'luxury' in the hotel's description of itself on the website, it is far from it. I had to phone to ask for my room to be cleaned because no-one had appeared by 4pm on my second day and (still jetlagged), I needed to sleep. Rock hard mattress and huge, hard pillows. Breakfast was average, had to ask for bread as there was none on the buffet, had to ask for milk in my coffee, had to ask for a spoon ... everything arrived eventually, but needing to ask for it all seems unnecessary. The AC in the breakfast room was turned up so high it was freezing. Staff are all polite and charming, but this is a very average hotel at a high price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Baldwin Park, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I reserved my room online I was told my the representative my suite would be available at 3pm however my family and I had been stalled for 2 hours or so later.

I PAID almost $600.00 for a suite and the experience was horrible the front desk was rude when reality was they were the ones who did not have my room ready on time , I was there visiting my children and they also had a bad experience I DO NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to any friends.

Room Tip: RESERVATION CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS NOT GOOD IT WAS HORRAIBLE the food service was also cold and horrib...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Choupique
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We recently celebrated our 20 yr. anniversary in NOLA, as we did for our honeymoon and 10 yr. anniversary. We initially requested a queen room (not suite). Upon getting settled into our room which was nice but rather small, I called the front desk and requested another room. The front desk offered an upgrade special for an additional $60 regularly $150. He even offered to show us the room. After the showing and agreeing to the upgrade, we quickly moved our things to the 2-story queen suite with a balcony overlooking the Bourbon St./ Orleans St. intersection. We enjoyed our stay at the Bourbon Orleans. The entire staff from the front desk, valet, bell hop, to housekeeping were extremely friendly as well as helpful. We will definitely be back.

Wendell & Kay

Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Located dead-centre in the French Quarter with east walking access to all the sites, shops and restaurants. We got a king room with a courtyard view and it was excellent: quiet, cool, large, comfortable, new renovated with all conveniences such as iPhone charger, in- room safe, etc. Centralized a/c is quiet and the room thermostat worked perfectly. The lobby is beautifully decorated in an elegant southern style. Staff were super- friendly and helpful. The courtyard pool is large - only issue with the courtyard is the constant noise from the a/c fans. Did not try the hotel restaurant so can't comment on it. Overall I found this property to be outstanding value and we were sad to depart.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!