“Fantastic location and a fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #6 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic location and a fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I guess I can pose it this way, would you like to come out of your hotel every morning look left and see the back of St. Louis Cathedral every day?

Location: I'll start with the location which is excellent. The Bourbon Orleans hotel is centrally located along Bourbon and Orleans street (hence the name). This location allows you to get anywhere you might want to visit in the French Quarter without ever having to worry about parking as you can walk wherever you'd like to go. It was so great, for example, to arrive late in the evening, drop our stuff and then be immediately out experiencing bourbon street. The hotel can even cater to your desire to be on bourbon street, if you'd like, as in addition to traditional rooms they have several rooms that have balconies overlooking the street. I did not stay in one but probably is a great place to sit out and enjoy the craziness.

Rooms: I can't speak to the suites with the balconies but our traditional king room was very nice. I was struck by how large our room was as I'm often accustomed to king-bed rooms managing just to fit the king in with little space left over. The room was very clean and the bathroom was very large. When we arrived the room was well-laid out with a menu from room service where we could get anything from food to beads to a "hangover cure". In our case our room looked over the central pool which was a nice view and, frankly, we preferred not to near the streets in case noise was an issue. I can't say that noise is a problem, but I'm glad we didn't have to find out.

Hotel: Very beautiful building which manages to have a lot of the amenities you'd want in a "modern" hotel without having that cookie-cutter look of a hotel. The outside of the building is quite nice and suits the French Quarter, while the interior is decorated nicely as well - it gave it a good "old hotel" feel. We did not sample the pool, though a number of people did while we were there, but it's nice to have that option if you wanted to cool off. You have a bar and restaurant on site as well. Incidentally, the hotel breakfasts are quite good. We had a deal that gave us free breakfasts and it was well worth it. These were of far better quality than your average hotel restaurant's "Here are some warmed over eggs give us $20"; I got a three egg omelette each morning with sausage, bacon, and spinach with grits on the side. A very great meal that gave me the energy to walk all around the Quarter the rest of the day.

Service: We stayed in New Orleans for our anniversary and it was made a very nice time largely due to the attentive staff. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and the front desk was more than accommodating of the many questions I had as a first-timer to New Orleans. Additionally, they held our luggage the last day after we checked out when we wanted to continue to wander and enjoy New Orleans for just a few more hours; all in all the staff made the stay an excellent one.

Few notes:
Check out is at 12pm which is a nice feature if you are, er, "recovering" from the night before.
If you valet your car you do not have to pick it up until 4pm of your check-out day which gives you some more hours to wander New Orleans if you'd like
Also - if you valet be aware that you need to call ahead; they need about 30-45 minutes to get your car ready for you.

In sum, great location, great amenities, and a great staff. This was easily one of the best hotel stays in recent memory and if we ever go back to New Orleans we'll be sure to try and come here again.

Room Tip: Try to visit their website to see what hotel deals they have going on, we were able to snag a great...

1,240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff was very helpful. The staff bent over backwards to assist you and make your stay enjoyable. I was thrilled to find out that the hotel was VERY CLOSE to the Preservation Hall. I cannot wait until I can go there for vacation with my family and enjoy all the culture I missed from my convention. The rooms are a little "old", but it is to be expected because of the age of the building.

Room Tip: If you want to hear the music at night, make sure you get a room facing Bourbon Street. If not, mak...
Odenville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

A bit hidden away towards the end of Bourbon street (by the church), what a great find!!! Rooms were beautifully done, staff friendly and accomodating, always there to help where they could with a recommendation and a smile. I am working with the event staff (for an event upcoming) and they are willing to go outside the box to deliver the caliber of event while matching the budget. Thrilled this is our location and more so after my visit. The wait on parking/getting your car is a bit much - but this is no different anywhere you stay in the French Quarter....you just have to plan for it. The Bourbon O (attached) is a bit dark compared to other bars on Bourbon, but the staff bend over backwards to please. Very close and convenient to just about anything you need - even grocery type items with Raus right around the corner. All non-smoking rooms - but very easy to get to an area where you can!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker - you will want a room with a private balcony.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I enjoyed 4 days and 3 nights at one of the most comfortable, most lovely, and most authentic hotels in America. Not expensive, not glitzy, just historic, well-maintained and embracing a concept of service that few properties understand or appreciate.
A word about being located on Bourbon Street.. my room was calm, peaceful and quiet. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: My room faced the pool and courtyard and I experienced NO street noise and the king sized bed was sw...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Petal, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am in the medical field. If I was to check out early and have to departure at a early time or immediately, I was unable to get my vehicle due to it being 15-20 blocks away. I have stayed before and this has been a problem that was PROMISED TO BE FIXED. This day, however, I was very displeased with the checkout process. The time it took from getting downstairs to getting in my vehicle took approximately 1 hr and 35 mins. If there was any emergency that I needed to handle and it was life-threatening, I would not be able to save this persons life. I also noticed that there were about 8 staff pulling around cars. That to me is efficient staff to be able to get a car within 15-20mins TOP. With my bill exceeding over $260, I expect my vehicle to be within walking distance. I appreciate all the service EXCEPT for the checkout process. Maybe THIS HOTEL should invest more time in managing the checkout process and less time with getting checked in.

Room Tip: Make sure you book on TripAdvisor BUT ALSO make sure you get quality service CHECKING OUT!!!
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Bourbon Orleans and we will definitely be back! The location is perfect for walking the French Quarter and the staff was wonderful. Valet, reception, housekeeping, bell hop, and bartenders were all top notch. What was especially nice were the details. Our visit was on a 95+ degree weekend and there was complimentary delicious and refreshing ice-cold lemon berry water and iced berry tea as soon as we walked into the beautiful lobby. When we got to our room, which was cozy and perfectly clean, there was already soft jazz playing on a little radio that was also an ipod dock. I highly recommend this hotel as it was the best value and by FAR the friendliest staff we have experienced in the city.

Green Valley, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Associated Realty of the Americas held its annual convention at this world class hotel during the week of June 19, 2013. It was the most extraordinary event we have ever had, made perfect by a host of things: ambiance, rooms, location, hotel planning and execution, incredible food, perfect meeting room; but above all else an attentive staff that made it feel like family. I will always remember people like Miss Jackie, one of the great staff members, who gave me a hug good-bye at 4:30 a.m. last Saturday morning just before I boarded the airport shuttle. This is a Six Star Hotel and they simply do not come any better than it. Carl A. Bosse, President.

Room Tip: I had an outside room facing Orleans Street and it could get a tad noisy. Didn't bother me but f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!