“This is my new favourite hotel in NOLA!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Fort Worth, Texas
“This is my new favourite hotel in NOLA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We go to NOLA 2-4 times per year for weddings, birthdays, bachelorette parties, etc. So, we have stayed at several of the hotels in and around the quarter. I love the size of the rooms and the bathrooms! Especially the courtyard rooms with the extended bath counter.. a must for laides to be able to spread out their make-up. This is also my new favourite hotel becuase of the proximity to the tings we enjoy doing: daytime shopping at the Market and along Chartres & Royal streets, evenings out on Bourbon Street. The only drawback is that it's a 15-20 minute walk to Mother's Restaurant (one of our staples) and it's at the opposite end of Bourbon from Mango Mango (who has the best late-night street pizza in the quarter) & Krystals (our other option for the late-night snack).

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor and my firends were on the first floor. None of us had noise issues, but mak...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Paper thin walls. Worst hotel stay in 30 years of business and personal travel. To put this experience in context, I have stayed at several hundred different hotels across North America as well as stays in France and the UK.
I was very excited to be staying in "the Quarter". We were upsold to a Suite the first night. Unfortunately, even though on a side street to Bourbon street, noise was terrible. We asked to be moved to a courtyard room. The front desk accommodated and moved us "inside", then commented that the staff checking us in should have warned us of the noise and provided ear plugs.
Night number three of our stay the drunks next door had the TV blaring at 1am for almost an hour. Then the male guest next door proceeded to attempt to cough up a lung for 6 consecutive hours. Bubonic plague? Black Lung disease? I got up and put rolled up Kleenex into both ear canals, and was still kept awake by his coughing. I'm surprised he didn't set off the Richter scale....

In the morning, as we were preparing to leave, I could hear his BREATHING (no, not snoring - -his breathing).

Complained as we were checking out. Was told that "we have manager on staff at all times", but they were in a shift change and the manager wasn't available. To me, either they have a manager on hand or they don't.

Left my name and phone number so I could talk to manager. No response.

If you're into a drug or alcohol induced sleep, this is the place for you. Otherwise, stay away.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am on the board of a national nonprofit, and had to book a meeting with sleeping rooms in New Orleans on a budget for our members. The entire staff, from the group sales management to every housekeeper I encountered, were very professional, friendly, and top-notch. The location is perfect for those who want to stay in the French Quarter and I would highly recommend the Bourbon Orleans. We were there the weekend after Mardi Gras and it was a bit loud, but I would just use earplugs in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

First time in New Orleans - it couldn't be better. The hotel is located in the French Quarter one block from Bourbon street. Although quiet and affording excellent environmnet for a good night sleep or relaxing by the pool. And the staff - just excellent. Helpful and nice. The room was spacious and clean. Couldn't do anyhing else than giving them a top score:-) Love to come back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff was very friendly and also accommodating when we wanted to make changes to another room and have our friends stay in the same hotel. It was also within walking distance to a lot of great things to see.
A very classy hotel.

Room Tip: We had a queen and a king....both great....I couldn't get over the giant bed. Wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lawrenceville,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our stay at this hotel greatly enhanced my first trip to New Orleans. We read Trip Advisor reviews and when booking, we requested a room on a top floor overlooking the courtyard where it would be quiet to sleep. It was! We choose not to get a car and the location of the Bourbon Orleans was wonderful. We were able to walk everywhere......When we first checked in to the lobby filled with fresh flowers and comfortable furniture,we visited the concierge, Ron, who was a wealth of knowledge and gave us fabulous information. He listened to our desires and recommended a City Tour, which picked up and dropped off at the hotel, and made reservations at many of the top restaurants... we were set for our mini vacation.

We found the room and bedding to be comfortable. The staff was excellent from the receptionist, Gio, at the front desk... to Rosetta,housekeeping manager who lent me scissors for a quick trim of my bangs. We ate and enjoyed an excellent brunch, with fresh cooked eggs and enhanced by the services of our waiter, Mark. We appreciated the courtesy coffee, citrus filled water and ice tea offered throughout the day.

The pool area was peaceful. We tried the bar, on Bourbon St. and it was our one disappointment, the service was good but the bar lacked the character and charm of the rest of the hotel. It was filled to the brim with smokers and we made a quick exit. In talking to the manager, we think they have plans to "redo" the bar, we hope so.

We will recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the Courtyard up high where it is quiet and peaceful......
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was so excited to stay at this historic hotel in New Orleans after reading all the reviews. Because I'm traveling with family, I had some concerns about the size of the room we'd be staying in and we were considering booking an additional room, possibly a loft suite. I made my initial booking through the off-property reservations center that you are immediately transferred to when you request reservations. Unfortunately, they are not on-site and were unable to answer any of my questions regarding room sizes, etc.

On two consecutive days, I called and requested the Front Desk (as Reservations had recommended). Both times the call was answered by a very brusque woman who was rude and unhelpful. The first time, I had no more started to ask the question then she interrupted me and said I'd need to talk to Reservations. I told her they'd said to talk to the Front Desk, and with no further ado, she transferred me to Reservations. I called back the second day, hoping to get to talk to someone with better hospitality and phone manners. Unfortunately, it was the same woman and she was just unbelievably rude on the phone. She kept telling me I'd have to ask Reservations any questions I had about the room size or adding an additional room. I told her that Reservations had said I needed to talk to her. Finally, I asked to speak with a manager. She said, "Why do you want to talk to a manager?" And kept repeating that question every time I asked for a manager. Finally, I said, "So I can cancel my reservation!" She then promptly transferred me...guess where? To Reservations!

Sorry, Bourbon Orleans. The staff at your Front Desk are the first impression your guests have of your lovely hotel. Unfortunately, the impression was lasting but wasn't good. Hope you can retrain the employee in question. I'm betting you'll recognize her from my review. She has an accent and works evenings at the Front Desk.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!