“A Personal Favorite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #6 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Denver, Colorado
“A Personal Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Having only been to New Orleans twice, I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans both times. It was ideally located to all the festivities on Bourbon Street, and provided a great base from which to explore the French Quarter.

The hotel elevator was a bit of a squeeze for my large power wheelchair, and the doors wanted to close more rapidly than I like. Notwithstanding that little detail, we managed well in the accessible room that we were assigned.

This place couples all the charm of a well appointed historical building with all the necessities of modern-day convenience. The staff was outstanding, the pool relaxing, and the convention facilities as wheelchair friendly as they could be considering the age of the venue.

Although I normally make an attempt to try new and different accommodations each time I return to a city, the Bourbon Orleans was definitely worth the second trip.

Happy travels!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

1,244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel was an absolutely wonderful place to visit. My family is a party of 15 and I loved the Historical building and its decorations for visiting Brunch with Santa on Dec. 23rd. We had very professional service and felt very much at home. Santa and his crew were outstanding and the food was so good that my family and I all felt like santa as we walked away. This was our first trip to this site and definitely not our last! It was a very "WOW" experience!

Room Tip: Knowing the area; if you dont mind a little extra activity, then bourbon street location is fine, ot...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

What an awesome set up. The kids had so much fun and the food and drinks were incredible. They did a great job entertaining the kids and keeping our glasses full. We will do brunch with Santa ever year.

• Stayed December 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Because the Royal Sonesta didn't have any bourbon balconies available, I decided to try the Bourbon Orleans Loft Suite (which I have always wanted to do). All I can say is WOW! It was 3 nights of great fun and luxury!

From the moment we checked in we were treated with exceptional Southern Hospitality! The 2 story Bourbon Loft Suite are amazing! The room was spotless, bed comfy, and the view from my covered bourbon street balcony was the highlight of the trip!

I wouldn't consider another hotel for my future trips to New Orleans. Unless my secret gets out and the Bourbon Orleans is sold out!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My daughter and I attended Brunch with Santa at the Bourbon Orleans on December 16, 2012 with my 2 grandchildren. The experience was absolutely wonderful for myself and also my grandboys loved it. The service was excellent and the food was beyond fabulous. It was my first experience with Bourbon Orleans Hotel and I am sure it won't be my last. The event was very well planned and flowed great. There was music to sing to and all the children were invited to participate. There was Santa that visited with every child individually at each table and the Louisiana History Alive characters brought history of New Orleans from table to table interacting with the children.
Thank you Bourbon Orleans for hosting such a fun event for yound and old and yes we'll be back.

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wfe and I just got back from a two day trip to NOLA for fun. I suggested we stay at The Bourbon Orleans b/c I had stayed there before on business and the location in the Quarter really can't be any better. Everything was fine until our last day there. We wnet dwn for breafast while we ere waiting on our car and my wife and i both ordered Omlettes with spinach, tomato, and mushroom - along with croissants. There were about four people total in the whole of the restaurant s you would expect everything to be great. Our omlettes come out and they basically tok some cooked egg from the buffet and threw raw veggies on it and gave it to us. Then after the waiter forgot our croissants and I asked him about them 10 minutes later - he brought them out - cold. It was the worst dining experience - my wife compained and they gave us her meal for free and they actually went back and cooked the veggies for her - I didn't want to mess with it. BUT the bill still came to $25 for the worst breakfast I have ever eaten - ANYWHERE - we could have hit a bar and gotten much better food. And also in December they seem to give you a good deal on the nightly stay but it costs $35/day to park your car so factor that in if you are driving.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and extend our sincere apologies for the challenges and frustration you experienced in our restaurant on you last day. The lack of attentiveness and a quality dining experience is unacceptable. I will absolutely share your review with our staff and take the opportunity to provide additional coaching and training. Your restaurant experience is certainly not our norm and I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations as our guest. We would love the opportunity to WOW you the next time you are in New Orleans and show you our standard of meeting and exceeding our guests' expectations.
Marksville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My friends and I stayed here recently while in town for a concert. I visit New Orleans often, and usually stay on or near Bourbon Street when it is a "girl getaway". I booked this hotel only because the one I usually choose to stay at was booked. The Bourbon Orleans was cheaper for it's location which made me a little skeptical! Much to my surprise, this hotel surpassed my expectations! It is beautiful, historic, and offers the hospitality that you expect when in New Orleans!!! All of the employees we encountered were so warm and friendly, especially Derek, the bellman and Alex at the front desk. We were upgraded to a suite with a balcony overlooking Bourbon St.!!! Check out was effortless, and the vallet team was always available and offered service with a smile!!! My only problem was a $50 pending charge on my debit card which I wasn't aware of. I left a message with one of the managers, Scott Campbell, and he promply returned my call and informed me this was standard procedure when booking through another company such as Expedia. I wll most definitely stay here again, and I will recommend the Bourbon Orleans Hotel to my friends!

Room Tip: Bourbon Street balconies are on the farther end of Bourbon, so not too crowded and noisey down below...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!