“Where the action is!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Patriot, Ohio
“Where the action is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This makes the second time I've stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel and I love it!! Had a balcony room and loved to watch all the action going when I wasn't part of it! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that didn't mind a little noise late at night and wanted to be "in the middle of it all".

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I just stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for my wedding reception in November 2012 and had roughly 10-15 rooms per night of my close family and friends. We are all in total agreement that the hotel was amazing. The accomodations were wonderful and every staff person couldn't have been nicer. The valet - superb. I don't think I ever opened the front door on my own - the doorman was always there and greeting me with a smile. Check in was easy and the sales staff that put the block together was always available via email the same day. I didn't dine in the hotel but many of my guests did and they loved it.

The haunted stories behind the hotel were facscinating and Joe the engineer even saw a ghost on my floor just moments before I was in that same elevator. Awesome!Thanks again for a great stay and an amazing location for our French Quarter Wedding weekend.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We didn't have a lot of choices of where to stay because I waited too long to make reservations for Thanksgiving week, and I paid a little more than I planned. Very nice hotel with attractive, comfortable rooms, GREAT BEDS! Professional, friendly, helpful staff. Don't be afraid of the Bourbon Street address - the entrance is actually on Orleans Street: much quieter. I really liked the location. All of the French Quarter is within reasonable walking distance.
The hotel is a funny shape, so that from the elevator there is one short hallway and one a mile long! (Not really, but it seemed like it.) We were right by the elevator but the ice machine was a hike!
A few criticisms: (a) There was no Guest Services person on the Wednesday and Thursday of Thanksgiving Week, which I thought was a bit lame. They only have one GS person who works 8 to 4 and was taking some time off. The front-desk people and valet/doormen were helpful and fairly knowledgeable, but for a hotel like this not to have a Guest Services person or Concierge on property was surprising. (b) The bathroom had no tub, only a large shower, but it didn't close! No door, no curtain, just open. And they have the shower head fixed so it only moves side to side, not up and back, in order that the water doesn't flood the bathroom floor. But you have to get under the shower head against the wall to get wet, so the roomy stall is mostly wasted space. Strange design choice. (c) The TV had limited free TV but lots of pay-per-view movies in the $15 to $20 range. No Weather Channel or most of the "standard cable" stations you get in most hotels. Showtime but no HBO. ION. A Japanese news station. Only about 20 channels all together. (d) The air conditioner worked great, except it got cold the last day we were there, but nobody switched over to heat, so no matter how you set the thermostat, you got only cool air. (I asked about this when we checked out and this was the explanation I got from the front desk clerk.) Holiday weekend, I guess. I didn't mind too much, but my sister froze. (e) When the lobby restaurant was open (breakfast only, except they served Thanksgiving dinner), they had coffee set up right by the entrance. I wasn't dining, but I was passing through and thought, "oh, nice, coffee for the guests." Nope. Two bucks. At these prices, you'd think they'd comp the coffee. Oh, well.

Room Tip: The rooms are different sizes and shapes, so ask for what you want. The Reservations people at the h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
St Andrews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very nice hotel, no card to request room make up for door handle, only a double sided privacy notice on all our groups doors, left at 10:30am and back at 03:30pm and room was was still not touched.

A little disappointed with This.

Lake Jackson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. We had an outside room so it was louder than expected. It was fun to open the shutters and watch the numerous parades as they went down the street. The room was nice and large, and the bathroom was modern. The restaurant was good and served good Southern food. We visited the ballroom, which is supposed to be haunted. It was beautiful. The bell men were very friendly and helpful. It was a great location and accessible to most everything. I would absolutely stay here again, but next time I will request an interior room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were putting together a friends reunion trip to coincide with a conference prior, and our travel agent suggested Bourbon Orleans (a special rate was being offered) - he strongly recommended it, especially after all of the dead-ends I'd experienced trying to book a quality hotel near the French Quarter for our group of 16.
It turned out to be the best advise of the weekend - from the time the doorman greets you when you get out of the car to the time the smiling desk clerk gives your receipt on the way home it is a wonderful experience! The location is absolutely perfect for walking around the Quarter, down to the Market and over to Frenchman Street. The restored hotel is a wonderful property, with all the modern amenities you expect, and for a very reasonable price! Free drink tickets at the bar, great room service, a nice heated pool, comfortable lobby and an excellent on-property restaurant combine to make this a real deal right off Bourbon Street. Some of our group ended up in pretty small standard rooms, but the manager upgraded us to a two-floor suite with a huge balcony, so it worked out great as a gathering spot. If you're looking for a nice property with a very convenient location and a friendly, knowledgable staff, look no further.

Room Tip: Ask the manager Chris if there are any upgrades available - it stays pretty full but he was very acc...
Temple, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice enough staff, enjoyed the drink coupons. It is located in a great place, so close to bourbon but very quiet. The only think that irked me was something that happened after we left. My fiancee was in charge of checking the room for any items left behind one last time before we checked out. Somehow he managed to leave his glasses in their case on the bathroom counter. We called from the airport to ask if the room had been cleaned and if they were found. The staff that answered the phone was very hard to understand. It was very frustrating to try and get through red tape to find them. After assuring me they would check and call/email me with the results of the search, they never did. I called back the next day and they had still not been found. Overall, it was not that big of a deal, but now my fiancee is wearing his old glasses, and he looks like Benjamin Franklin... We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were disappointing to be given a room on the 1st floor, thought it would be noisy... it was absol...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!