“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

You added Bourbon Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Orleans St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Perfect location. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful view of the pool. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
DFW , TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at the Bourbon O for 6 nights in June, 3 for business and 3 pleasure, although the entire experience was wonderful! I am a animal pharma sales rep, not an event planner but for this trip I was in charge of organizing a regional sales meeting for about 25 people, this included meals in and out of the hotel as well as conference space etc. I worked closely with Alyssa at the Bourbon Orleans who was excellent in making sure the entire meeting went off without a hitch, Alyssa even helped me with a 'New Orleans' scavenger hunt we did as a team building activity. The service did not stop there all but 1 expericene with with 1 employee (not even worth mentioning) was absolutely wonderful. Even employees just passing in the hallway would greet you.
The rooms were charming, modern and clean but in an old-world NOLA feel to them. You are on Bourbon street in some of the rooms, though the noise I felt was minimal. My sleep was only ok my first 2 nights only because my first day there I found out the hotel was haunted in certain areas (if that scares you avoid the 3 or 6 floors) but even though I was told the ghosts were friendly the first couple nights until my boyfriend got there were somewhat restless.
I frequently travel to NOLA, about 3 times a year on average but this was my first stay at the Bourbon Orleans for some reason, but will not be my last. The location is amazing! For all you noobs to the town this hotel is centrally located and again right on Bourbon Street. That being said it is on the end of Bourbon Street that starts to become residential, so it is quieter than other hotels on Bourbon which I have stayed.

Room Tip: The town home suites are beautiful and have some extra space laid out on two levels which is neat fo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ballwin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have been to New Orleans three times in the past 25 years and stayed at the Bourbon Orleans each time. My most recent visit was two weeks ago and it was just as great as we remembered! Our last visit was 18 years ago on our honeymoon! This time around we brought our kids and had an amazing time. Tanner and Kevin were particularly helpful, but to be honest every staff member we interacted with was great. The lobby, pool/courtyard, and rooms were beautiful too! Fantastic location, wonderful accomodations, terrific staff -- I won't wait 18 years before I go back!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Went for a business trip and the place was outstanding and the bed was awesome, so soft and everything was clean. There are only 3 things that I think should be looked in offering is FREE airport shuttle for guest, room service be available for lunch and that breakfast starts around 5:30am or 6am. Other then that, the FOOD from room service and in the restuarant was good and the entire staff was friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I look forward to coming back to New Orleans again and staying in such a nice facility.

Room Tip: I had a room close to Bourbon Street and you could hear all the noise, but it wasn't that bad to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Satellite Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

First person I met at the hotel was Nolen. Extremely cute and friendly. I was somewhat earlier than I anticipated and he assisted me with my luggage and directions while I waited on my room. Desk staff was friendly and always had a smile. Room was larger than expected and bed was more comfortable than the ones in the Hilton's I usually stay in. Tanner was the other bellman that assisted me (also cute) and he and Nolan are the reason I'll never stay anywhere else when I'm in New Orleans.

I must mention that the location is excellent. Less than a block from Jackson square and the middle of Bourbon, there was no need for a can or a car.

Room Tip: I had a room with a king bed. Very bright and roomy though when I visit the Quarter I am not in my r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Southaven, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Awesome hotel, great people! Always impressed and never dissappointed by the room, lobby, restaurant, pool and staff! Can't recommend highly enough!

Room Tip: Go with the 2 floor suite if possible...you can't beat it in New Orleans!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

You can't beat the location. I wanted to take my children for a quick weekend trip to see the market, cafe du monde, and the Cathedral as well as hit the Riverwalk and Aquarium. We have stayed at many French Quarter hotels and this experience was enjoyable. Check in was swift and painless. We appreciated the free beverage coupons at check in. We ate breakfast at the hotel and the buffet was excellent. The room was huge and extremely comfortable. We only had a few minor issues. There was no tub, so my children learned to love a shower. I didn't realize this. There were extremely limited channels available if you have downtime in your room. We went on a weekend where we experienced bad weather. The only children's programming was pay per view. I felt that was ridiculous. The valet was seriously overwhelmed on Sunday morning for check out. They will tell you to give them thirty minutes because the valet area is 8 blocks away. The average wait time that morning was one HOUR. Many individuals were getting frustrated because of their flight times being compromised. We were just driving local so not in a hurry. All in all it was a good time, comfortable surroundings, courteous staff, and great location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bourbon Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!