“enjoyed the Bienville” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Prunedale, California
“enjoyed the Bienville”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2005

We enjoyed our stay here. We received a great room rate from Expedia. Although, beware our room was facing the fire station and Irish pub across the street. That was our view. It was alittle noisy during the night. The sirens didn't go off but, you could hear the engines rumbling as they left the station. Our room was clean and furnished with 2 double beds. The decor was simple. The staff was friendly. There was a jazz club on the street level that sounded great but, we didn't go because the 2 showtimes didn't work out in our schedule. The overall location of Bienville is great. We walked everywhere.

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2005

I went to New Orleans in September 2004, right at the end of Southern Decadence. I decided to go because they had a sale on the rooms so I basically planned my trip around that. Well, personally, the view of the courtyard was spectacular. The pool was small but a lot of fun.

I went with my boyfriend, and he kept taking pictures of me from the terrace. I am not sure how the inside rooms looked, but the outside rooms, that look out on the courtyard were beautiful.

It was very nice to be able to open the doors to the porch, but keep the slightly sheer curtains drawn. With the wind blowing it was very romantic.

The best part of the hotel was it's location. It was close to absolutely EVERYTHING, without being too close. It is like 1 or 2 blocks over from the main party areas, and slightly off from the sight seeing areas. So you have access to these spots without the noise.

We didnt spend much time in the foyer, but the desk clerk and bell boy said hello and goodbye to us as we came and exited. I didnt stand around trying to make conversation, so I cant attest to what other reviewers may have said. Overall, I absolutely loved to the hotel room and would stay there again in a minute. What made my visit even sweeter was the fact that I got the room on sale...

• Stayed September 2004
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2005

I was very happy with the Bienville House. Very central location for a New Orleans rookie looking to spend vacation in the Quarter. It's a couple blocks from Burbon St. but I was made quite aware of what a hiddend benefit that was when I left the still roaring "party" behind at 2am!
The staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to accomodate our needs, that's all you can ask!
The room are clean and simple, it's not the Ritz but then your not paying for the Ritz!

Save a bit and stay here, you'll be happy you did.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

This is the first review I have ever been driven to write.

My wife and I are regular vacation travellers to the US and have never experienced such a truly welcoming hotel as the Bienville House. We stayed 4 nights, 14-18th December before (reluctantly) moving on to our next stop - Cajun country. It was our first trip to New Orleans and we could not have spent our anniversary in a better place - either hotel or city.

The room we were given was huge, decorated in traditional 19th century beaux arts style, high ceilinged and furnished magnificently with a really enormous king size bed. The whole hotel spoke quality and was also extremely relaxed and totally in keeping with Naw'leans.

This hotel has a great location in the French Quarter on Decutar Street. Our room was on the River side but with the levee and other buildings the Missi was only just visable. At least it was quiet (despite the traffic) and a real haven from the liveliness of Bourbon Street et al.

The room rate we obtained from Expedia was really amazing. We will certainly be returning. (p.s. You don't need a car in New Orleans - we hired one from Dollar only when we left and walked just 10 minutes to pick it up).

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

We had a fantastic trip to New Orleans. The staff at the Bienville House are fantastic. I had called ahead to ensure that we would get a good room with a balcony, as it was my boyfriend's birthday celebration. Well, the Bienville out did themselves - they gave us room 360 which has a huge balcony overlooking the street! It was fantastic, not necessarily quiet, but we were not in NO to catch up on sleep. In addition, we got engaged that week end at the Bienville House Hotel, so it will always have a soft spot with me! I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone who wants an authentic old world french quarter experience. The rooms are nicely furnished, beds are super comfortable and the lobby is so pretty. The pool and courtyard are gorgeous too!

Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2004

I stayed here for 3 nights in September and chose Bienville House based on the reviews that I read. I was not disappointed. My room was spacious, clean and tasteful and I felt quite safe in this neighborhood. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2004, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2004

Stayed at the Bienville House, but had to evacuate due to Hurricane Ivan. The staff was incredible -- very courteous, friendly, and helpful in recommendations. I had a room on the 4th floor that opened to a sun deck with lots of foliage and plants. Very pleasant. The accommodations are adequate --- nothing over the top, but pleasant. Pool area is very quaint -- would stay here again!!

Been to Bienville House? Share your experiences!