Bienville House Hotel is a wonderful place to stay. It is convenient, an easy walk, to everything in the French Quarter, the streetcar lines, and the business district. It is far enough away from the crowds to be very quiet too. All the staff are exceptional. I ride a mobility scooter and the staff, from the ladies at the reception desk to the porters and valets, went overboard to make sure that my scooter was locked up securely and recharged whenever I was not using it; and that I could have it immediately when I needed it. Storing it downstairs was necessary because the elevator was a tight fit for it and there was a step-down when entering our room so it was not suitable to take the scooter to the room as I normally would have. I noticed that they were also storing a very nice bicycle for another guest. My husband and grown daughter were on the trip with me. Our room had two double beds and was ample in size so that we were not in each other’s way. The bathroom was a bit small, typical for older buildings in the Quarter. Everything was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel was going through some renovation while we were there so the patio area that went with our room was full of plants from other patios. This wasn’t much of a problem because we were still able to sit outside, relax, and enjoy the night air. The continental breakfast was a bit sparse, but the coffee was good and we weren’t really counting on it as a meal anyway. My only suggestion would be that they have the decorative pillows and shams on the beds cleaned more frequently. I have to sleep with upper body elevated so I had to use these under the other pillows and they had a musty smell. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans