I took my girlfriend on her first tour of New Orleans this past week. We only had one night and day, so I wanted to find a nice little hotel to give her a taste of the city. I've stayed in the typical chain hotels in the city, but I had yet to stay at the Bienville House. I really wish I had discovered this place sooner. The entire place was gorgeous and in the perfect location. Conveniently located just across the street from Landry's Seafood (another place I recommend), you can park your vehicle for the duration of your stay in the hotel's private parking garage and walk the French Quarter.
The decor was perfect for the area. We stayed in a deluxe king room, which was beautiful. Since it is a historic hotel, it does come with the eccentricities of any old home/hotel. In my opinion, that just adds to the charm. I loved everything about the room. The pool was incredible, as well. Very small, but very private and relaxing. There are towels out by the pool for guests, along with tables and lounge chairs. There's even an ATM at the pool. Very convenient so you don't have to find one out on the town.
I only have two very small complaints, and they both revolve around a couple of staff members. The morning we were leaving, there was a knock around 10 am for housekeeping. I politely said no thank you, but she didn't hear me and knocked again. So I basically yelled it but still politely to make sure she would hear. My girlfriend and I were not appropriately dressed at the moment, so I didn't want to go to the door. She apparently did not hear me say no thank you the second time, and she opened the door. While we were not naked, we weren't fully dressed. Instead of being professional and quickly apologizing before backing out of the room, she just yelled "Oh Lord!" and immediately started talking to a coworker outside in the hall about the incident. We could hear her through the door. That showed a complete lack of professionalism on her part.
The other complain came just at noon, which is the checkout time. My girlfriend was running just a few minutes behind on packing her things, so I called down to the front desk and said that I was very sorry but we were running just a few minutes late with checking out. While I understand the checkout time is in place for a reason, I also know that the cleaning staff can't be in every single room at noon to clean for the next guests and there must also be a little bit of flexibility. The lady I spoke with at the front desk said "Um, it's already 12:03." I apologized again, because I did like the other staff and loved the hotel. However, I could have done without the attitude.
Aside from those two small incidents, the stay was perfect. I will come back to stay again. I just hope the professionalism I experienced with the majority of the staff can spread to those two individuals who apparently don't understand that aspect of customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans